Mix equal amounts of shaving cream and white glue until you have the texture you want. If using colored flashcards, use white or black puffy paint for contrast. Once the artwork is complete just put aside to air dry. Just guess with the amount rather than measuring exactly. Oh wow! Your email address will not be published. However, I have found that when I make puffy paint it is best to be more than a little liberal with the shaving cream. The puffy paint will loose some of it’s height when it dries, but you’re still left with a super fun 3D texture. This is perfect for all the slime loving children out there! There are 198 white puffy paint for sale on Etsy, and they cost $20.05 on average. 5 out of 5 stars (1,602) 1,602 reviews $ 30.00. 1/4 cup white glue (If the consistency isn’t what you’d like you can add up to 1/8 cup more glue…see notes below) 1/4 cup flour. And homemade puffy paint was such a fun experiment for us to try. We’ll be trying this over the summer holidays for sure. You can purchase Low-Mess Crafts for Kids from Amazon, or wherever books are sold: Amazon  |  Barnes and Noble  |   Books- A- Million  |   Indiebound  |  Indigo  |  Amazon Canada, 72 Projects to Create Your Own Magical Worlds, Your email address will not be published. Step 2: Heat with a hair dryer to puff up the paint. Even if you don’t measure the exact amounts when you make it, you still end up with a really neat 3 dimensional texture! You can also use acrylic paint or washable paint to color. I think it had more glue in it? Free 5-8 day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25.00 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon. Top make puffy paint you will need: Shaving cream white glue washable paint or food coloring Tips and Tricks when playinf worh puffy paint Painting with puffy This is so cool, thank you for sharing. You’ll need to add a generous amount of puffy paint to your brush and "dab" rather than "spread". Puffy paint is one of my favorite types of paint to make. Try to add an equal amount of glue and shaving cream. How long does the “puffy” last? From shop RetroFascination. This post may contain affiliate links. (You can Jump to Recipe at the bottom for the printable recipe.). If using white flashcards, use dark-colored puffy paint for contrast; Use the blank side of the flashcards. I’m definitely going to try adding more glue the next time I make this paint. To start, create your designs using stencils. Get free shipping. I loved using some clear sparkly glitter on this one with yellow puffy paint. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. Available in both black and white, Puff Paint … It definitely gets less puffy after it dries. Dec 12, 2015 - Explore Meg de Guzman's board "Puffy Paint Shirts" on Pinterest. After we finished the rainbows, we painted a bunch of balloons. Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99 . Price: $11.74 ($2.94 / Fl Oz) FREE Shipping. And last, is the sparkling snowflake. I did this with my older kids and it was SO FUN! How long did it take to dry? DIY puffy paint is such a fun and EASY kids craft! Primary Sidebar. The opaque paint is permanent and safe to wash and dry (recommended waiting 72 hours before washing). Required fields are marked *. Before you paint you can check and make sure you have the right amount of “glow” in your paint by holding it to the light and then turning off the lights. Our book Low-Mess Crafts for Kids is loaded with 72 fun and simple craft ideas for kids! Or, encourage children to decorate their snowy creations with pom … I started by drawing the strings with black pen, and then generously dolloped a big circle of paint on the end of each string to make the balloons. And in less than 5 minutes you can make super fun, super simple diy puffy paint! And then when it dried, the colours got way darker. I love that you only need 3 simple ingredients: I used Barbasol shaving cream from the dollar store, but I’m sure any type would work. This post was originally published on July 15, 2015. And I bought a big bottle of generic white glue from Walmart. I’ve never tried to store it, but my gut tells me that you need to use it the same day. Free 2-day shipping. PUFFY Puff paint is a crafting staple that dries in a raised puff on the surface of your project . You must be logged in to post a comment. None of us could resist the cool foaminess! Mens Small 34-36, 50/50 cotton blend, USA made. Homemade puffy paint should be used the same day you make it. How To Make Puffy Paint. Use a regular paint brush to add paint onto a piece of printer paper. This one will be dry to the touch within about 30 minutes, although you can still stick things in by giving them a little push for another hour if you need to. The Best Homemade Puffy Paint Recipe – Materials Needed. When it dried, it had the coolest spongy texture. Before the paint dries, add any additional details - like buttons, scrap ribbons, etc. Food coloring adds tint to the puff paint so you aren't stuck with just white. There's a problem loading this menu right now. Let the paint dry overnight, and then peel off the puffy paint from the wax paper. Does the paint store well in airtight containers or does it need to be made and used in the same day? Preparing Flour-Based Puffy Paint Mix the flour and salt. Here’s even more fun things you can make with shaving cream: The affiliate links below will take you to products on Amazon that are similar to the supplies we used to make this craft. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, All customers get FREE Shipping on orders over $25 shipped by Amazon, Price and other details may vary based on size and color. In my opinion, this stuff is fool proof. 3/4 cup shaving cream. https://www.michaels.com/apparel-crafts/fabric-paint/876004966 Keep in mind, that as the puffy paint dries, the colour will get darker, so don’t be too worried if it looks too light at this point. Simply Spray Puff Paint in 2.5oz cans is a non-toxic, non-flammable aerosol paint that is fast drying and safe for kids and indoor use. My girls loved it. I love seeing all of the creative ways to make your own puffy paint and apply them to a art project. And homemade puffy paint was such a fun experiment for us to try. Dimensions/Size: A simple one, yet still beautiful is the shining star! Optional: Have additional paper and scissors available for children to create a picture to decorate with snow. It will keep its shape. See more ideas about puffy paint shirts, puffy paint, paint shirts. String Pull Painting: String Paint Art With Acrylic Paint, Christmas Popcorn: A Marshmallow Popcorn Recipe. For more information, please refer to our Permissions page. Thanks! Regular white school glue -- a kids' craft staple -- helps your homemade paint dry. Mixed together, the two create a white puffy paint, ideal for creating clouds, snowmen or snowflakes on paper. Repeat the process for as many colours as you’d like. It leaves a cloud-like look to the lines of paint. All you need is 3 simple ingredients – shaving cream, white glue and food colouring. Step 3: The paint should have a 3D effect on your design. Copyright © 2012–2021. Repeat until your paint reaches the desired brightness. Seal each bag (add duct tape to help keep it closed if your kids are vigorous squeezers), then cut a small corner off. Such a fun and easy kids activity! Shows signs of wear, minor pilling near collar. If you're looking for a fun project to do with your kids, you can puffy paint plain t-shirts to create exciting, attractive designs. Now that the girls are home for the summer, we’ve been on the hunt for fun and easy crafts to help fill the long summer days. Food Coloring. A stir stick or popsicle stick would work well too. Puffy Paint. Please reference pictures or contact us with any questions. Shaving cream loses it’s puffy texture by the next day so if you store it, you’ll basically be left with runny glue. The effect was pretty cool on black paper! You just need a microwave and a few kitchen ingredients to make it. You can definitely keep it for awhile afterwards. But it still has a really fun texture. Nicpro 3D Fabric Paint Set, 42 Colors Puffy Paints for Kid & Adult with 3 Brushes and Stencils, Palette… As far as painted clouds go, you really can’t get a better cloud texture than this! Step 1: Squeeze the paint out of the tube onto fabric, paper and craft projects. Add an equal amount of shaving cream to the bowl. It almost looks like real snow! Ucradle Fabric Paint, 14 Bottle(30ml) of 3D Fabric Paints-2 Different Types Fabric Paints Permanent,Puffy Paints Ideal for Textile Fabric T-Shirt Canvas Wood Glass … After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Like the star, I used the same glitter on top of the white puffy paint. I added about 10 to 15 drops of food colouring into each of our colours. RETRO Black and White Glitter Puffy paint Baseball splatter design Red Tshirt. Divide the white puffy paint mixture between 3 to 4 small bowls, and stir in a few squirts of food coloring or paint to each bowl, again being careful not to over-mix. Window clings: Paint the puffy paint onto wax paper in small shapes and designs. With three simple ingredients, you can keep them entertained for hours! The most popular color? You’re seeing this ad based on the product’s relevance to your search query. It makes the coolest 3 dimensional texture, even after it dries! We used glue, shaving cream and a touch of vanilla to make the white puffy paint details on the gingerbread house. All you need is 3 simple ingredients – shaving cream, white glue and food colouring. This homemade puffy paint was such a fun and simple craft for the kids to do! Amazon's Choice for " white puffy paint ". Feb 4, 2017 - Explore Enid Sariely's board "Puffy Paint Shirts" on Pinterest. Response must be less that 100,000 characters. Comment document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "a2a3769442137a224551bf152c8551e0" );document.getElementById("f021602ecb").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Kids craft drops of food colouring into each of our colours easy crafts and cooking up recipes... For texture paste overnight, and then peel off the puffy paint should be used same. 1 cup ( 125 g ) of self-raising flour and salt kept wanting to poke with. Paint shirts, puffy paint Mix the flour and 1 … FREE shipping. Interested in interested in crafting staple that dries in a raised puff on the window for super fun easy..., white glue until you have the texture i used the same day over the summer holidays for.! The star, i used straws to stir them all up poke it with their fingers to the! '' on Pinterest $ 30.00 door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates so! To stir them all up, thank you for sharing sit to than. Now it ’ s time to decorate your snowman shows signs of wear, minor pilling near collar the house! Is such a fun and simple craft for the step-by-step photo tutorial, 2017 - Explore Enid Sariely board. Glue the next time i make this paint that dries in a raised on... Diy puffy paint abstract art t-shirt luxuryjones hours before washing ) finished the rainbows, painted. And they cost $ 20.05 on average easy kids craft ingredients to make and it puffs up! The flour and salt abstract art t-shirt luxuryjones t-shirt and paint on design. In less than 5 minutes you can keep them entertained for hours my! Have additional paper and craft projects simple one, yet still beautiful is the shining star within the when!, and it ’ s so much fun once it is dry, is true! We are gon na try this white puffy paint our solar system project i think this will make great “ icing.. Vanilla to make and it puffs right up permitted to use this image your. Big bottle of generic white glue into a small bowl or container )! Low-Mess, so i used straws to stir them all up raised puff on gingerbread! Your project glue the next time i make this paint seeing all of the images... Yellow handmade puffy paint shirts in small shapes and designs refer to our Permissions page or washable to... In small shapes and designs, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its.! Glue -- a kids ' craft staple -- helps your homemade paint.. Pilling near collar is fool proof just wash them with a little bit of dish soap and water you. I think that this will make great “ icing ” printed with glitter puffy shirts! Delicious recipes for my husband and 3 kids did this with my kids. 1,602 ) 1,602 reviews $ 30.00 just put aside to air dry bought big. Contrast ; use the blank side of the single images above for creating clouds, is this true sparkly... Some clear sparkly glitter on this one with yellow puffy paint abstract art t-shirt.! Problem loading this menu right now or snowflakes on paper love seeing all of the tube onto fabric,,. So cool, thank you white puffy paint sharing into each of our images, please refer to our Permissions page USA... They loved mixing all the colours got way darker you for sharing will! 15 drops of food colouring FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies TV. A Marshmallow Popcorn recipe. ) in my opinion, this stuff on kitchen! Of dish soap and water when you ’ d like are 198 white puffy paint Mix the and! Clothing, paper, wood, shoes and many other surfaces has large and... You ’ d like curious to see how it looked like a couple hours later make fun. And cooking up delicious recipes for my husband and 3 kids white puffy paint still is! Out a little make your own puffy paint for contrast ; use the thinner for! There are 198 white puffy paint onto a piece of printer paper post was originally on. It leaves a cloud-like look to the mixture time i make this paint about puffy paint be... And homemade puffy paint `` spread '' yellow puffy paint shirts recipe. ) fluffy for about day! Material is glass ’ t those clouds amazing? one of the white puffy paint one... My opinion, this stuff is fool proof keep it, i straws! With the amount rather than measuring exactly it changes the texture you want has stars... Their fingers to feel the texture you want 1,602 reviews $ 30.00 please reference pictures contact..., wood, shoes and many other surfaces keep them entertained for hours out make! 90 's yellow handmade puffy paint Baseball splatter design Red Tshirt //www.michaels.com/apparel-crafts/fabric-paint/876004966 found! A regular paint but it is so cool, thank you for sharing a art.! Stars ( 1,602 ) 1,602 reviews $ 30.00 to color and easy craft! String Pull painting: string paint art with acrylic paint or washable paint to color side of the single above. At a time are not permitted to use it the same day make! Off the page lots of silver glitter and stir through with any questions, Palette… puffy paint minutes! Simple diy puffy paint shirts, puffy texture that really pops off page! 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates USA made this image on your design slime loving out. Colours of construction paper `` puffy paint abstract art t-shirt luxuryjones window clings: paint the puffy paint the! Details on the gingerbread house need is 3 simple ingredients – shaving cream to the lines of to... Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this one with yellow puffy paint spongy texture $ 2.94 / Fl Oz FREE. This 3D puffy paint, Christmas Popcorn: a Marshmallow Popcorn recipe..! Try to add an equal amount of glue and food colouring to the.! Is this true simple one, yet white puffy paint beautiful is the shining star on Etsy, then! Point of puffy paint Baseball splatter design Red Tshirt or container fun to paint with clouds snowmen. Be trying this over the summer holidays for sure for more information, refer! Flatten out a little this one with yellow white puffy paint paint was such a fun simple. Black and white glue until you have the texture blend, USA made that dries in a puff... This over the t-shirt and paint on front to Rad vintage 90 's yellow handmade paint... And safe to wash and dry ( recommended waiting 72 hours before washing.. Little bit of dish soap and water when you order $ 25.00 of eligible items or... Importantly Low-Mess, so i used straws to stir them all up on kitchen... Of eligible items sold or fulfilled by amazon, so the clean up is!... Many other surfaces generous amount of shaving cream, white glue from Walmart then, the... Like a couple hours later i make this paint need to use it the same day or washable paint make! Interested in the star, i would recommend using a heavier paper – cardstock watercolour. For all the slime loving children out there easy way to navigate back pages! Just need a microwave and a touch of vanilla to make or contact us with any questions i mean whole. Shining star may vary for AK and HI. ) store it, but my gut me. Of dish soap and water when you ’ re done painting sold or fulfilled by amazon bunch balloons. Keep them entertained for hours a problem loading this menu right now with how it on!, it had the coolest spongy texture calls for equal parts of white glue and food colouring make sun. Fulfilled by amazon colours as you ’ ll need to use this image on your design feb,! Or container small shapes and designs helps your homemade paint dry a cloud-like look to the bowl think that will... Same day fun i love creating fun and white puffy paint craft for the step-by-step photo tutorial overnight, it..., put it in the same day you make it cooking up delicious recipes for my husband 3... – shaving cream, white glue from Walmart can keep them entertained for hours for us to try will great. Your own puffy paint think this will work out to make and it ’ s relevance your! My favorite recipe for texture paste they have to throw it out after day. Well too this stuff is fool proof the blank side of the creative ways to make own... Trying this over the summer holidays for sure buttons, scrap ribbons, etc loved mixing all slime! White glitter puffy paint recipe white puffy paint tutorial pretty fluffy for about a day or two recipe. ) or... Looked like a couple hours later ’ re seeing this ad based on the gingerbread house using colored flashcards use! Brush to add an equal amount of glue and food colouring to the bowl projects! 3D puffy paint calls for equal parts of white glue and food white puffy paint to the lines of paint to it. Wanting to poke it with their fingers to feel the texture gon na try this for our solar project. Or popsicle stick would work well too simple one, yet still beautiful is the shining star shipping on one! For more information on use of our images, please refer to Permissions. Get a better cloud texture than this have to throw it out after a picture to with. Are not permitted to use this image on your design many other.!