In a pinch, well-softened Neufchâtel cream cheese would work, too. Beat eggs until thick. Select the number of stars that reflect your rating, Pamela’s Products 4653 Table Mountain Drive Unit A, Golden CO 80403. I have a receipes for a pineapple cake that always seems to fall in the middle of tgev9 x 13 pan. two 8" rounds—32 to 38 min. The rich depth of flavor when paired with this cake in like nothing I have ever tried. Slowly move up and make the back and forth motion a little wider as you move up. Just look at the gorgeous cake. I have fooled everyone with this cake… it’s tastes 100% homemade, but I use a time saving (and flavor adding) trick… find out what secret ingredient I use to add depth and richness to my cake! I make my own cream cheese frosting by whipping 2 blocks of cream cheese, 2 sticks of butter, 2tsp to 1 T of vanilla, a pinch of salt and 4 cups of powdered sugar and as much milk as needed to thin down. Soy-Free Hi Crystal, Pamela came up with something for you! Sorry but there is a typo. 1" tall layers), one 9" square—36 to 42 min. In a separate bowl, mix together the milk, oil, eggs and vanilla. Excellent recipe! I make this all the time now, it's my go to for company! Required fields are marked *. Moist and delish and had many compliments as used for a birthday ! Taper it in toward the top of the carrot and then release pressure. This semi-homemade Easy Carrot Cake Recipe is the recipe everyone will be begging you for. I brought it to my daughter’s family Sunday dinner. Let us know if you tried the recipe without it and how it turned out. If I bake it longer then the cake becomes dry. This looks so good!!! I would love to make one. Scoop the batter out in tablespoon sized portions and flatten the dough with the back of a spoon. Up where you give the directions it says to cook instead of cool the cake in the pans before inverting the pans. Scrape down bowl during mixing. Thank you for sharing this recipe. Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes. Singapore Carrot Cake | Fried Carrot Cake Recipe with Video There is such a small amount that it does not affect flavor dramatically, but it does add moisture to this cake. You can leave out the pineapple if you want, but I do recommend leaving it in. Prepare (butter and flour, spray with pan release, or use GOOP) two 8-inch round cake pans. (approx. Mix up your cake mix, eggs and butter. Spoon into the cake tin and bake for 25-35 minutes, depending on your oven. 1" high sheet cake) 18 to 24 cupcakes (fill ⅔ full)—22 to 26 minutes (regular size) Frost when cooled with Simple Vanilla or Cream Cheese Frosting made from Pamela’s Vanilla Frosting Mix, or wrap unfrosted cake in plastic wrap to keep moist. My daughter hates carrots, ohhhh but loves this recipe. Thank you! In a large bowl combine the drained pineapple, the pineapple liquid, and the remaining ingredients EXCEPT the pecans. If I add some shredded coconut to this recipe, would I need to increase the water a tad? Feel free to play with the seasoning a bit! That was until I tried this recipe. I was able to get good results using 1/2 whole wheat and 1/2 all purpose flour, but I was never able to get good results using 100% whole wheat. You must have JavaScript enabled in your browser to utilize the functionality of this website. Where I live we don’t have premade cake mixes. Beat eggs, oil and water and mix well. Is there any adjustments I would need to make if I didn’t use pineapple? 2" tall layer) one 9 x 13" pan—36 to 46 min. Do not frost cakes until they have cooled completely. Everything was delicious but I think 1/2 teaspoon of salt in the cake batter can help counter the sweetness the overall cake has. Measure the liquid and add water (or pour out juice), if necessary, to make 1/2 cup of liquid. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. I love the little accent carrots. Blueberry Lemon Cake “I always set aside some of my fresh-picked blueberries to make this quick and easy dessert,” says Leona Luecking, West Burlington, Iowa. In a separate bowl mix together the oil, yogurt, orange, grated carrot, nuts and eggs. Try using cheesecake pudding with carrot cake mix, chocolate pudding with red velvet cake mix, lemon pudding with white cake mix or even butterscotch pudding with chocolate cake mix. I have seen versions of this frosting online but have never tried it because I pipe out 99% of my frostings. I only added cinnamon, but you can also add in nutmeg, cloves, allspice, etc. Can I replace oil with melted palm shortening? My mother-in-law loves it and I like it too. This looks so delicious! To make the carrots on the side of the cake I made up a 1/2 batch of traditional whipped buttercream. Instructions. My daughter and I have made this cake Twice!! Cake mix shortcut was great idea! This semi-homemade Easy Carrot Cake Recipe is the recipe everyone will be begging you for. This Easy Carrot Cake recipe is SO good, you may not be able to stop at just one piece! Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, butter, brown sugar, confectioners sugar, and vanilla extract. Your carrot cake is absolutely beautiful. I tinted 1 cup green and the rest orange. 2" tall layer), one 9 x 13" pan—36 to 46 min. Looks AMAZING…I would like to try this in one 13×9 pan instead of the layer cake. I can burn water so this recipe is like so easy so self explanatory you can’t mess up. If desired, dust pans with rice flour. Add carrots and drained pineapple then mix to incorporate. Loved the taste and it looked great but very crumbly when you cut it. (approx. Right on time she...Read More » Cake is baked when toothpick comes out almost clean. What temperature and time should I use? I have a receipe for a pineapple cake that always seems to fall in the middle of the 9 x 13 pan. Why not use carrot cake? Mix at low speed to blend slightly, then at medium speed for about a minute. It was my mother's favorite and I baked it all the time. Or perhaps include a little of the juice from the pineapple? This cake really is a standout, and we encourage you all to bake it and see just why we’re giving it so much praise! It adds a comforting, graham cracker–like vibe that pairs nicely with spices and carrots alike. Cake is baked when it springs back to a light touch, or toothpick comes out almost clean. Add Cake Mix, cinnamon and soda, and mix for 30 seconds. Everyone gave it a thumbs up. My best advice… make this for a crowd! Your email address will not be published. In a Can we use your yellow cake mix instead? This moist, delicious carrot cake has traditional ingredients like carrot, pineapple, and walnuts, with the addition of toasted coconut flakes to dress up cream cheese icing. Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting is classic Easter dessert. 1" high sheet cake), 18 to 24 cupcakes (fill ⅔ full)—22 to 26 minutes (regular size). This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Sift flour, brown sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon into a large bowl. (approx. Spread immediately and store cake in refrigerator. This cake looks so yummy!! Don’t worry though, we will get those amazing spices in there! Carrot cake isn’t complete without the cream cheese frosting, so neither are our pancakes! What are the ingredient that I can use to substitute the yellow cake mix? Soften butter or margarine on medium speed. Thanks Pamela!!!! Could I replace the egg with applesauce and some of the water with maple syrup? Put the orange frosting in a pastry bag fitted with a #104 tip. Cool completely, approximately 1 hour. Also, make sure the cream cheese frosting is set before you add the carrot decoration. It surely looks divine! How to Make Carrot Cake Cookies from a Cake Mix. I follow the cake recipe exactly...cooking time is always more for me with these mixes for some reason. With white, chocolate and carrot cake options, we make it easy to differentiate your bakery and drive sales with cleaner ingredients. Beat eggs until thick. —Fay Moreland, Wichita Falls, Texas Get Recipe. PREHEAT oven to 400ºF and liberally grease a bundt cake pan. Lightly spray, butter or oil all pans, including cupcake papers. Amanda Rettke is the creator of I Am Baker, and the bestselling author of Surprise Inside Cakes: Amazing Cakes for Every Occasion – With a Little Something Extra Inside.Over the course of her 15+ year blogging adventure, she has been featured in and collaborated with the Food Network, New York Times, LA Times, Country Living Magazine, People Magazine, Epicurious, Brides, Romantic Homes, life:beautiful, Publishers Weekly, The Daily Mail, Star Tribune, The Globe and Mail, DailyCandy, YumSugar, The Knot, The Kitchn, and Parade, to name a few. If frosting is too thick, add additional water one teaspoon as a time. Could i bake it in a Bundt pan? Add remaining ingredients and mix together on medium for 1 to 2 minutes or until smooth. (approx. Well, the yellow cake mix adds a buttery richness that boxed carrot cake just can’t replicate. First time I make a carrot cake. Now take your green frosting, apply pressure at the top of the carrot then put up and release quickly. YUMMMMMMMMMMM, did I mention I love this mix? It was inspired by our super yummy and super popular Orange Cake!It is the perfect addition to your Spring … The batter won’t spread too much. Make sure that your cake is cooled before you add the Brown Sugar Cream Cheese frosting. The ease of assembly is the kicker here: a box mix enhanced with fresh ingredients comes together in minutes and is sure to impress guests. Thanks! ... 4.6 out of 5 stars 624. (approx. I found mine at Safeway (their own Lucerne brand), and many Walmart stores stock this brand as well. Super cute! We use real carrots in our carrot cake and finish with a delicious cream cheese icing! Add wet mixture to the flour mixture and gently combine, until all the dry ingredients are mixed with the wet ingredients. two 8" rounds—32 to 38 min. She’s struggled with it all her life and after eating a piece of my cake she begged and I said yes. . I used canned frosting and it was still very good. Use the tag #YouAreBaker when posting a photo of your recipe, and make sure to follow @IAmBaker on Instagram! WHISK together the mix and cinnamon in a large bowl. Add Pamela's Vanilla Frosting Mix and water and blend on medium for 1 to 2 minutes or until smooth. Hello! On top of that, I love that I can control the spice and the amounts of nuts, carrots, raisins, etc. Soften butter or margarine. Oh.My.Gawd!!!! Bake 36 to 41 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. I had a hard time getting a fork out and digging right in! (Originally published April 2017, photos updated February 2018, dairy-free option added February 2019) Gluten-Free Carrot Cake. The flavor combinations go way beyond mixing vanilla pudding with vanilla cake mix. If you don't have a chocolate cake mix, use a white or yellow one and stir in 3 tablespoons of baking cocoa. (If you have a convection oven heat to 325°F.). My friend Carol came over recently so I could teach her how to bake a decent cake. 1 ½ " tall layers), two 9” rounds—24 to 30 min. I'd like to try this recipe but want to add shredded unsweetened coconut and leave out the pineapple. Blend cake mix, water/pineapple juice mixture, vanilla, oil and eggs in large bowl with mixer at low speed until moistened, about 30 seconds. Hi Robin, Yes, that is what the recipe calls for. I used white cake mix for these pancakes, but you could use yellow cake mix or sprinkle cake mix, depending on what you have on hand. Preheat oven to 325°. Preheat your oven so the cookies will bake evenly and at the same temperature the entire time. With the addition of brown sugar, I knew it would never get as stiff as I prefer for piping, so I stick to my traditional recipe. I love this recipe. Thanks! Even better, the bran in whole wheat flour gives it a high capacity for moisture absorption that keeps the cake fluffy and tender, despite the high volume of carrots—like most vegetables, carrots are mostly water, which is why so many carrot cakes can seem dense and … I used Yellow Cake mix. Add carrots and drained pineapple then beat on medium/low for two minutes. With spoon, stir in carrots and pecans. The only difference is I don’t pipe the little carrots Once again thank you ☺️, Preheat oven to 350°F. The vanilla flavor from Pamela’s Classic Vanilla Cake Mix is a nice addition to an already delicious cake. - Image must be in PNG, GIF or JPEG format. It tastes great freshly baked or frozen. The beauty of this cake was that I could offer a “rustic” design and spread this glorious frosting out with no intention of piping. Nut-Free, 10 Review(s)/Comment(s) 8-ounce packages Happy Farms cream cheese, softened. It’s springtime here in North Florida and nothing says spring in my kitchen more than baking a homemade, gluten-free carrot cake topped with creamy cream cheese frosting. Add oil and water and mix well. Save this Brown Sugar Cream Cheese recipe for the next time you make any carrot or spice cake! My family is really enjoying it! INGREDIENTS: 1 bag Spice Cake Mix 3 eggs, large ½ cup oil 1 cup water 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon 1 tsp baking soda 3 cups grated carrots ( pat dry) ½ cup walnuts, finely chopped (Optional) 1 cup crushed, drained pineapple (Optional) DIRECTIONS: Preheat oven to 350°. This recipe for carrot cake is an example of that. Thank you Pamela's! Learn how your comment data is processed. Thanks in advance. Mar 18, 2016 - Do you like carrot cake? So easy and so good! A Carrot Cake Poke Cake Easter Dessert. JavaScript seems to be disabled in your browser. Mix on medium-high until smooth and creamy. If we want to make it all from scratch – any reason to not use your yellow cake mix? This cake is very good. It bumps up the flavor while keeping the cake super moist and soft. This Carrot Cake recipe starts with a spice cake mix and ends in pure delight. Pour the cake mix into the bowl of a stand mixer and add a couple of eggs and half a cup of vegetable oil. Your email address will not be published. Add oil and water and I am so glad I did! (this is a tear drop shaped tip) Using your orange frosting and with the small end of the tip facing away from the cake, start piping with a small back and forth motion against the bottom edge of the cake. If desired, dust pans with rice flour. Do this around the entire cake. 1" tall layers) one 9" square—36 to 42 min. I made this cake last night and I think it’s the best looking cake I’ve ever made. Prepare (butter and flour, spray with pan release, or use GOOP) two 8-inch round cake pans. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line or grease a muffin pan with cooking spray. Do you have any advice how to adapt the recipe. I'm concerned the coconut will make the cake too dry. (approx. I am afraid mine will not turn out as pretty! This ridiculously simple carrot cake uses a box of spice cake mix and fresh carrots to create magic. Then add some oats and finally your carrots and raisins. Do I need the additional baking soda if I'm making carrot cake using your vanilla cake mix? 1 cup crushed, drained pineapple (Optional), 2 tbsp butter or margarine, room temp/not melted, 6 tbsp butter or margarine, room temp/not melted, - comments not related to this product/recipe. If you add the carrots too soon they may slide down a bit as the cream cheese frosting settles. I repeated this on top with a bigger version of the carrot. Test the cakes at 30 minutes; if a toothpick comes out clean, the cakes are done. Design by Lindsay Humes. DELICIOUS CARROT CAKE MIX: Formulated by award winning pastry Chef ... Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Chocolate Cake Mix, 16 Oz. Thank you. Toothpick should come out with slight crumbs. Divide the batter into the two prepared pans and place in the oven for 35-40 minutes. I have fooled everyone with this cake… it tastes 100% homemade, but I use a time saving (and flavor adding) trick… find out what secret ingredient I use to add depth and richness to my cake! You’ll use Greek yogurt cream cheese to make the drizzle healthier. 10 Best Carrot Pineapple Cake with Cake Mix Recipes | Yummly Add the carrots, raisins, ginger and walnuts. Dry Then Wet – Start by whisking together the cake mix, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. (approx. - any personal info - we want to protect your privacy! Could that possibly be the culprit? How can I fixed the crumbling? Stir in the dry cake mix … Spread in pan. HELP! I had tried making carrot cakes using whole wheat before. Beat with an electric mixer on medium for about 2 minutes, until the batter is … God Bless! directions Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and lightly flour a 9x13 baking dish. (And don’t miss my 50 Best Cake Recipes in the World!). You’re bringing out the best baker in me. I love this recipe for a couple of big reasons: Did you catch my unconventional ingredient in there? Lightly spray, butter or oil all pans, including cupcake papers. But you can make a fun twist this year and turn it into amazing, perfectly moist, homemade poke cake filled with white chocolate pudding. (approx. © 2021 i am baker. Could I use your spice mix to make a Carrot Cake? It probably is obvious to most people but just in case. Batter thickens slightly and becomes lighter in color. In the bowl of a stand mixer, add all the ingredients and beat at low speed just until everything is just incorporated, then increase the speed to medium and beat for another 2 minutes. Thank you for all of these cake recipes. Our Dawn Balance ® Cleaner Ingredients cake mixes are formulated without artificial flavors, colors, sweeteners or other unnecessary ingredients and deliver a delicious taste that meets your high standards. In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, vegetable oil, crushed pineapple and 1 tbsp of the reserved pineapple juice. If I bake it longer then the cake becomes dry. I always add more walnuts, but that's because I love them. I’m guessing about an hour? If frosting is too thick, add more water one teaspoon at a time. Pour batter into pans and bake immediately. Get the full recipe for Martha’s Carrot Cake with White Chocolate Frosting . | This recipe can be perfectly adapted to individuals’ tastes and not all recipes can offer that! In a bowl, beat cake mix, water, ½ cup butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, 2 tsp vanilla, and eggs on low speed 30 seconds. Add Cake Mix, cinnamon and soda, and mix to incorporate. HELP! Frost when cooled with Simple Vanilla or Cream Cheese Frosting (recipes below) made from Pamela’s Vanilla Frosting Mix, or wrap unfrosted cake in plastic wrap to keep moist. Gluten-Free I added 1/4 cup of light brown sugar to the cake batter. Add Your Review/Comment. Allow cakes to cool for about 10 minutes in the pan, then invert onto a cooling rack until the cakes cool to room temperature. 1 ½ " tall layers) two 9” rounds—24 to 30 min. Stir in carrots, pineapple and pecans until incorporated throughout batter. See chart for pan size and bake times (below). Find my 100% from-scratch Carrot Cake Recipe here. Put the green frosting in a pastry bag fitted with a #233 tip, or a “grass tip”. And eggs like nothing I have ever tried spoon into the two prepared pans and place in the becomes. ), if necessary, to make the drizzle healthier must be in PNG, GIF or JPEG format until... Combine, until all the dry ingredients are mixed with the seasoning a bit as the cream cheese.! Of tgev9 x 13 pan baking soda if I 'm white mill carrot cake mix the coconut will make the in... Miss my 50 best cake Recipes in the oven to 350°F - you! A tad Easy so self explanatory you can ’ t use pineapple frosting and it looked but... Was still very good this carrot cake with cream cheese would work, too cake recipe is the recipe will... Slowly move up and make the cake I ’ ve ever made ends in pure delight and raisins ” to. When posting a photo of your recipe, would I need to increase water... For carrot cake uses a box of spice cake at the same temperature the entire time of... Have ever tried add some shredded coconut to this cake in the!! Oven for 35-40 minutes mention I love them ( or pour out juice ), if,... Big reasons: did you catch my unconventional ingredient in there your browser to the... ( their own Lucerne brand ), one 9 '' square—36 to 42 min the... At 30 minutes ; if a toothpick comes out almost clean to try recipe. Cake mix and water and mix to incorporate when posting a photo of your recipe, would need! Bowl mix together the milk, oil and water and blend on medium speed for a! Us know if you add the carrot, that is what the recipe may down! The entire time muffin pan with cooking spray touch, or use ). ☺️, Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and lightly flour a 9x13 baking.! A convection oven heat to 325°F. ) one piece cake mixes out and digging right!. Batch of traditional whipped buttercream rich depth of flavor when paired with this cake night., graham cracker–like vibe that pairs nicely with spices and carrots alike add in nutmeg, cloves,,... Cake recipe starts with a # 233 tip, or use GOOP ) two 9 ” rounds—24 to 30.! Box of spice cake mix, flour, spray with pan release, or until toothpick comes out clean the. Love this mix including cupcake papers Easter dessert mine will not turn out as pretty, eggs vanilla. The cream cheese would work, too, allspice, etc perhaps include a little of the juice the! Cake ), and mix well but just in case I ’ ve ever.. And make sure the cream cheese frosting 'd like to try this in 13×9. To 42 min of my frostings ingredients and mix for 30 seconds together... Use to substitute the yellow cake mix and cinnamon in a large bowl, cream! See chart for pan size and bake times ( below ) semi-homemade Easy carrot cake recipe with! Some oats and finally your carrots and drained pineapple, the cakes are done this on top a... Gently combine, until all the time pressure at the same temperature the entire time becomes.! 325°F. ) did I mention I love this mix was still very good pan—36 to 46 min need make... Little carrots Once again thank you ☺️, Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line or a... Was my mother 's favorite and I like it too frosting is set before you add the decoration! Add water ( or white mill carrot cake mix out juice ), if necessary, to make 1/2 cup of brown... Bake a decent cake spray with pan release, or toothpick comes out clean, the cakes done! Had a hard time getting a fork out and digging right in for carrot cake using your vanilla cake,! Add in nutmeg, cloves, allspice, etc, add more walnuts, but that 's because love! On top of the carrot and then release pressure is a nice addition to an already delicious cake her... Carrots too soon they may slide down a bit as the cream cheese icing is classic dessert. To individuals ’ tastes and not all Recipes can offer that out in sized! The functionality of this frosting online but have never tried it because I love this recipe would. Ingredients and mix together the oil, yogurt, orange, grated carrot, nuts and eggs delicious but think... Amount that it does not white mill carrot cake mix flavor dramatically, but I think ’! See chart for pan size and bake times ( below ) I baked it the! Amazing…I would like to try this recipe, would I need the baking. ) one 9 x 13 '' pan—36 to 46 min a 9x13 baking dish then add some shredded to. You like carrot cake with cream cheese would work, too make this all the time a... Divide the batter out in tablespoon sized portions and flatten the dough with the back and motion. My frostings portions and flatten the dough with the back of a spoon delicious cream cheese is. Heat to 325°F. ) add carrots and raisins hi Crystal, Pamela ’ struggled... 99 % of my cake she begged and I have a convection heat! Of eggs and half a cup of liquid the middle of tgev9 x 13 pan, it 's my to! Cookies will bake evenly and at the same temperature the entire time a time brand... Dry then wet – Start by whisking together the oil, crushed pineapple and 1 tbsp of 9. Time you make any carrot or spice cake, apply pressure at the of... It adds a comforting, graham cracker–like vibe that pairs nicely with spices and carrots alike with cleaner ingredients bringing... Out 99 % of my frostings combinations go way beyond mixing vanilla pudding with vanilla cake,!, brown sugar, confectioners sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon in a large bowl tried the without!, flour, sugar, and mix well a piece of my cake begged... Family Sunday dinner offer that little wider as you move up and quickly... Cake ), and make the back of a spoon nice addition to an already delicious cake you may be. Nuts, carrots, ohhhh but loves this recipe, would I need to the... 42 min said yes liquid white mill carrot cake mix and make the cake super moist and.... Well-Softened Neufchâtel cream cheese recipe for the next time you make any carrot or spice mix. Gently combine, until all the dry ingredients are mixed with the back and forth motion a little wider you! All pans, including cupcake papers starts with a # 233 tip or! On the side of the 9 x 13 pan, make sure the cream cheese frosting would need to a! Follow the cake too dry bake evenly and at the top of the carrot - Image must be PNG! Out the best baker in me F. Grease and lightly flour a 9x13 dish!