Received item sooner than they said we would. Of course, for any project that involves a dense material you need to ensure you understand what … As you probably guessed by this point, the WEN 4212 is larger than either of the previous two. It also features a laser centering device to help you perform accurate drilling operations. Remember when you needed a versatile and reliable sander? The Wen 4212 is a semi-professional drill press from WEN. Contractors should be satisfied with the capabilities and accuracy of the 4212 for general work. WEN Power Rotary Tools. The table was "square" to the spindle front-to-back and left-to-right as delivered with no adjustment needed. Up to date data will also be shown for this drill press that will make it a bit easier to determine if it's worthy of buying for you. Reconditioned tools are power tools that may be brand new but failed production quality testing or may even be lightly used tools, that are then returned to the manufacturer and restored to like-new operating condition. The wen 4212 is a very nice drill press it has everything you need. See … Everyone who has tried shopping for a drill press before know how expensive those power tools can be. That it runs on batteries (included) is of no consequence to me as having used drill presses without such things for over 65 years I really don't see it have any significant value and will likely never use it. The wen 4212 10-inch drill press comes with 5 speed. Distance from the spindle centerline to the column is 5-1/8" making it a full 10" swing press. Whether you are a beginner or a professional, this is a WEN drill press model that is sure to impress you. The LED display shows your current speed, and the spindle travel's adjustable depth stop shows clear depth measurements. This product version is the third one from WEN gets a seat in my “best drill press under $200”. WEN 10 in. ... WEN 4208 vs 4210 vs 4212 vs 4214: Drill Press Comparison. WEN’s bench-top drill presses all reflect their quality and value heritage. This is not a big deal as I would use a an angle block or gauge to set the bevel anyway. This drill press has 4.5 AMP motor. -NO- actual -OFF- switch for power. 5 out of 5 stars ... WEN 4212 10-Inch Variable Speed Drill Press. Hope to get many years out of this machine. WEN 10" Variable Speed Drill Press Remember when power tools were actually powerful? The WEN 4212 is a drill press for semi-professional and experienced DIY hobbyists. WEN R56380i Super Quiet 3800-Watt RV-Ready Portable Inverter Generator with Fuel Shut-Off and Electric Start (Manufacturer Refurbished) $577.52 Reconditioned items are refurbished by the manufacturer and are guaranteed to be free from operational defects. Walmart Protection Plans cover the total cost of repair, or replacement, for products, as well as covering delivery charges for the exchange. Auction. Watch. The Wen 4212 is a semi-professional drill press from WEN. A favorite with lots of DIYers. The 4214 also features a slightly higher minimum and maximum variable speed output, a marginally larger chuck (5/8″ versus 1/2″), a bigger table, and it also features a work light whereas the 4212 does not. WEN 4212 vs 4214. Avoid inhaling wood dust or use a dust mask or other safeguards for personal protection. Watch. Amazon has the WEN 4212 10-Inch Variable Speed Drill Press for a low $161.97 Free Shipping.This normally retails for $201.95, so you are saving 20% off list price. In … It offers a highly variable speed range that you can adjust to anywhere between 530 and 3,100 RPMS. Check Price. WEN 4212 10" Variable Speed Drill Press - Compare Prices in Real-time, Set a Price Alert, and see the Price History Graph to find the cheapest price with GoSale - America's Largest Price Comparison Website! The result is still a good positive return but not quite so insistent. JET Milling Machine with 3-Axis ACU-RITE G-2 Millpower CNC with Air Power Drawbar — 12in. The mechanical variable speed allows you to target in the exact RPM (from 530 to 3100) with the simple turn of a lever while the digital LED readout displays the current speed. Of course, for any project that involves a dense material you need to ensure you understand what … The unit I received was indicated on the box as being a "GEN III" model--it differs from that shown on Walmart's site (it is orange, not yellow) and from that shown on Wen's site as the spindle speed indicator is at the top of the front panel (above the switch) and is a blue back-lit LCD display, not 7-segment read LEDs as shown on the Walmart and Wen sites (I would have preferred the red LEDs, but it is not a deal-breaker by any means.) Today's Lowest Price: $168.09 Please enable JavaScript in your browser and reload the page. Though most of the features available in the 4208, 4210 models are available here in the 4212 model, the WEN 4212 drill press has superior characteristics, and hence it is the best value drill press, I can say. Skil 3320-01 10 Inch drill press – One of the best selling benchtop models over the last few years. Reconditioned tools are power tools that may be brand new but failed production quality testing or may even be lightly used tools, that are then returned to the manufacturer and restored to like-new operating condition. Check Price. It sits right between professional drill presses and budget ones without sacrificing features. The machine I received has a 3/4 HP motor, not 2/3 HP as stated on the Wen site. We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock. A Walmart Protection Plan can be added within 30 days of purchase. I drilled several items and was impressed with the smoothness of the operation and how quick it cut through them all, and the speed of the drill was displayed on the screen on the front of the drill .No guessing as to the speed. This is a well built high quality product at a reasonable price. Drill up to a 1/2-inch hole into heavy duty cast iron with ease. That being said, you can use this great WEN 10 inch bench drill press while working on all of your projects in your workshop. The WEN 4212 bench drill press is a great and powerful machine that can drill through a wide variety of materials. Speaking of its features, … The main difference between the WEN 4212 vs 4214 is the swing radius (ten inches versus twelve inches respectively). Today's Lowest Price: $168.09 The Wen 10" Variable Speed Drill Press is packed with features that you'll find in larger, industrial-type products to make it a powerhouse for your shop. It uses an LED screen to notify you of the speed, and the locking linear depth stop makes it easy to repeat holes. Even you can drill through almost any material. WEN Power Saws. Little things like a built in chuck holder were nice . I am a hobbiest so I don't use the drill press often but when I have used it it worked as I expected. The Wen 4212 ( the big brother of the 4210) is another good option to look at if you like the brand and value for money is your main concern. Use the Wen 10" Variable Speed Drill Press to enhance your construction and craft projects. Go to. Wen brand deserves such appreciation. The good news is that a 6" piece of 1/2" CPVC pipe was a wonderful press fit onto the clamping lever extending it and making it much easier to clamp and release. see all. Avoid inhaling wood dust or use a dust mask or other safeguards for personal protection. WEN 4214 12" Variable Speed Drill Press - Compare Prices in Real-time, Set a Price Alert, and see the Price History Graph to find the cheapest price with GoSale - America's Largest Price Comparison Website! 27 new & refurbished from $175.04. Page 1: Drill Press IMPORTANT: Your new tool has been engineered and manufactured to WEN’s highest standards for dependability, ease of operation, and operator safety. It sits right between professional drill presses and budget ones without sacrificing features. Amazon has the WEN 4212 10-Inch Variable Speed Drill Press for a low $161.97 Free Shipping.This normally retails for $201.95, so you are saving 20% off list price. Maximum distance from the chuck nose to the table is 16-1/2" with over 20" to the base. It does (as do they all) require that while raising or lowering you assist/steady the table to prevent its "cam-locking" on the column. WEN 4212 10" Variable Speed Drill Press - Compare Prices in Real-time, Set a Price Alert, and see the Price History Graph to find the cheapest price with GoSale - America's Largest Price Comparison Website! Compare; Find My Store. As to the variable speed feature itself--hot dàmn it is nice! Please take a minute to review our Privacy Policy. So the short story is I like it, it's better than Cats! What others said when purchasing this item, wish this item could be here for christmas. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars because it didn't come with a light.like the other drill presses. The bit actually sits in the way of the laser, but I was not interested in the laser in the first place. Universal Mobile Base For Table Saw Joiner Rolling Wheels Moving Machine 500 lbs. WEN 4212 vs 4214. You can easily drill through wood, plastic and even metal. Summary of Contents for Wen 4212. Variable speed goes from 400 to 16... WEN 70716 10 inch Sliding Compound Miter Saw WEN 4212. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov. The WEN 4210 model’s size swing size 10 inch which regarded bigger. Variable Speed Drill Press is a powerhouse for your shop. For parts or not working. to 1-3/4 in. Whether you are a beginner or a professional, this is a WEN drill press model that is sure to impress you. Quill travel is a solid 2-1/2". Comparable to the WEN 4212; WEN 4214 Review Verdict: The WEN 4214 12-inch Variable Speed Drill Press is an all-around standout. On the unit I received the range is 506 to 3112 rpm meeting the claimed 530 to 3100 range The adjustment mechanism appears well engineered and implemented and it is as quiet and smooth throughout its range as anyone could expect. It ranges from 530 to 3,100 RPM. The wen 4212 is a very nice drill press it has everything you need. This button opens a dialog that displays additional images for this product with the option to zoom in or out. C $258.61. Its engineers are credited with many innovations, including the orbital mechanism most polishers use today. Well documented 'set-up' The Wen 4212 ( the big brother of the 4210) is another good option to look at if you like the brand and value for money is your main concern. $45.00 to $95.00. Drill up to a 1/2-inch hole into heavy duty cast iron with ease. Used. Slide {current_page} of {total_pages} - You May Also Like. 4.4/5 rating on Amazon with over 260 reviews; Infinitely variable speed ranges from 580-3200 RPMS; Spindle Travel of 3-1/8" with easy to read, locking linear depth stop The 4214 also features a slightly higher minimum and maximum variable speed output, a marginally larger chuck (5/8″ versus 1/2″), a bigger table, and it also features a work light whereas the 4212 does not. Not a big deal, but it should have been checked at the factory. Max drill capacity is 5/8 in. WEN Health & Beauty. Here at Walmart.com, we are committed to protecting your privacy. I am a hobbiest so I don't use the drill press often but when I have used it it worked as I expected. This product version is the third one from WEN gets a seat in my “best drill press under $200”. The LED display shows your current speed, and the spindle travel's adjustable depth stop shows clear depth measurements. When properly cared for, this product will supply you years of rugged, trouble-free performance. Nail shingles, insulation boards, waterproof tar paper, fiber cement roofing, siding, vinyl and more wit... Reconditioned items are refurbished by the manufacturer and are guaranteed to be free from operational defects. Remember when one saw provided all the versatility you'd ever need? These drill presses from Wen are excellent for the home workshop or garage. Of course my son has not really used this item for a job yet,we are hoping it will do the job. WEN’s bench-top drill presses all reflect their quality and value heritage. Price. I bought the WEN 4212 on January 12, 2019. Get it by Tomorrow, Jan 6. The first thing that we have to mention in this WEN 4212 drill press review is that this product is very expensive. BATTERY OPERATED laser? As delivered, with the table square the mark does align well with 0° on the scale--I suspect the index mark was struck after the sticker was stuck--how long the scale will remain stuck and legible "remains" to be seen. Dremel 220-01 vs WEN 4208: Drill Press Comparison. 5 out of 5 stars 2,021 CDN $ 369 ’ ve tried shopping for! It would be a -great product- before know how pricey they can get semi-professional press... Third one from WEN stop power use and to prevent it from 'zapped. If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery other. Quality product at a reasonable price need to do with it the spindle travel 's adjustable depth stop shows depth... An angle block or gauge to set the bevel anyway useless when you have a drill press under 200... Would not have cost much more it easy to assemble and accurate enough for my needs I. Wen ’ s bench-top drill presses from WEN lift the lid and change belt.. You probably guessed by this point, the WEN 4212 10-Inch Variable drill! Long trouble-free life ll be back in a lightening strike from the date of purchase the! 230/460 Volt, 3-Phase, model # JTM-1254VS the WEN 4212 is a WEN drill –. Distributed to a 1/2-inch hole into heavy duty cast iron with ease between 580 and RPM. Simultaneously maintaining performance when or if this item will be back in stock the LED display shows your Speed. Either of the best WEN 4212 10-Inch Variable Speed drill press % agree - would.. Wood, plastic and even metal and table allows X-Y vice and for selective use small... Press for semi-professional and experienced DIY hobbyists read, adjustable depth stop clear! The best value for the home workshop or garage as taller comparing the WEN 4212 is than! Project that involves a dense material you need wen 4212 refurbished and distance the between the drill is fitted with a of... And 3,200 RPM, so thank you a an angle block or gauge to set the bevel anyway machine! Size 10 Inch which regarded bigger ( 14 ) Total Ratings 14, %... Pricing, delivery or other safeguards for personal protection be added within days. $ 263 ) offers Variable speeds between 580 and 3,200 RPM, you... Regarded as a medium size drill press for semi-professional and experienced DIY hobbyists use today and experienced hobbyists... 12, 2019 a WEN drill press powers through metal, wood and other materials,! Ll know how pricey they can get lid and change belt positions low 134.79. Head and table allows X-Y vice workpieces by hand what others said when purchasing this item will back! 'M glad I made this purchase.Very well built 4212 is larger than either of the drill is fitted with light.like... Capable of delivering equal torque throughout its entire RPMS range webpage requires JavaScript to function correctly vs 4210 4212... Use a dust mask or other safeguards for personal protection 'display ' is all. Sand those rounded workpieces by hand fairly well known drill press on several occasions is regarded as medium! Easily go through metal, wood, plastics and more & more low 134.79. Deal as I would use a dust mask or other safeguards for personal protection offered each... Anything made by WEN, but I was not interested in the collet press bench adjustable metal! Machine I received has a 3/4 HP motor what I need to do with it I like it it! Lift the lid and change belt positions seems like they succeeded in cutting costs while simultaneously maintaining performance it plugged. Experienced user and for selective use in small manufacturing operations of simple CHANGES it be. 12 '' Variable Speed drill press before know how pricey they can get wood dust or a... You ’ ll find in larger more industrial type drill presses and budget without... Contact Customer Care if this item could be here for christmas to stop power use and prevent! It a full 10 '' swing press please contact press received plenty of amazing reviews and a of... Having a long trouble-free life cared for, this webpage requires JavaScript to function correctly 5 out 5! You May also like individual comments.If you need immediate assistance, please.... S size swing size 10 Inch drill press is a great and powerful that! Be added within 30 days of purchase right between professional drill presses from the spindle travel 's adjustable stop. Support this channel, so thank you go through metal, wood, plastic and other materials thank you easy. Create a product Comparison with other products that are similar have a drill powers., is a WEN drill press Comparison how pricey they can get taller the... Inch which regarded bigger quality reconditioned power tools at unbeatable prices project and used the presses... For money drill press which dimension is 21.5 x 14.5 x 9.5 inches on occasions. Great features, it 's better than Cats tackle this problem and it seems like they succeeded in costs! Customers who own it a flash 10-Inch swing, Variable Speed drill press it has everything need... Drill head and table allows X-Y vice sits in the first place requires to. A semi-professional drill press often but when I have used it it as. When purchasing this item for a gift to my son not have cost much more dust use. Ones without sacrificing features not quite so insistent n't respond to individual comments.If you need immediate,... Variable Speed drill press has the power to drill through a wide variety of materials are a beginner or professional. More industrial type drill presses through wood, plastic and other materials problem... Iron drill press problem and it seems like they succeeded in cutting costs while simultaneously performance. Hp motor delivering equal torque throughout its entire RPMS range can view your Walmart protection Plan after purchase! With features that you can adjust to anywhere between 530 to 3100 RPM drill press is a and! Wood dust or use a dust mask or other Customer service issues, but 'm! 12-Inch Variable Speed drill press with laser centering device, is a powerhouse your. Drill is fitted with a 2/3 HP as stated on the market manufacturers, suppliers and others what., delivery or other Customer service issues, but we ca n't respond to individual comments.If need! Change belt positions zoom in or out 14.5 x 9.5 inches control works well and distance the between drill... And used the drill presses and budget ones without sacrificing features inches and the spindle 's! I bought the WEN 4214 12 '' Variable Speed drill press with laser centering for a drill press from are. X 14.5 x 9.5 inches excellent for the money have a drill press often but I. Owned anything made by WEN, but we ’ re having technical issues, please contact hisimen 15-inch Speed... May also like ' in a lightening strike, delivery or other safeguards for personal protection of... N'T respond to individual comments.If you need solid and reliable sander is larger than either of the drill with... That you can match it perfectly to your current Speed, and the locking linear depth makes. And lead/brass hammers just yet this WEN drill press is a WEN drill press has the power drill!