The chase came to an end after the driver of the UPS vehicle was forced to slow down due to traffic. Future you finds the ride that fits. Mar 15, 2009 #5 Schedule a pickup . User account menu. Google is telling me it’s more like $50-$60k. Amazon is incredibly short-sighted. Meanwhile, UPS drivers are buying houses and taking vacations. If I knew you, if I was in the area, if you met me on route, and I could get to the silly thing, there is a good chance. What can brown do for you? Log In Sign Up. If your driver completed the delivery, then the package's tracking status or a delivery notice (a UPS InfoNotice ®) should indicate where your driver left the package. An electric truck built for whatever you call a road — starting at $67,500. When the new contract is up, they will top out at $40 an hour. There’s a new contract out that will pay combination drivers $20 an hour but will eventually make around $32 an hour once they go through their progression. Jul 18, 2004 30,669 407 126. There is a massive deadweight loss. I enjoy working for UPS because the pay is good, however as a PVD the route could be sorted better. Learn more about the capabilities, features and options. Pick up a copy! Glassdoor combines all "driver" classifications. Press J to jump to the feed. Thursday - new gear or wanting to share your setup. When factoring in bonuses and additional compensation, a Truck Driver at UPS can expect to make an average total pay of $65,828 . Cookies help us deliver our Services. Frank Ordonez was named by his brother as the UPS driver who was killed during a wild police chase in Florida that unfolded after jewelry thieves seeking diamonds hijacked his truck … New rules ease rest mandates for truck drivers Government says the changes won't affect safety. But if they like you and you work hard they take care of you. Hot New Top. Deliveries begin in June 2021. When I use to work there it was just barely 50 cent over minimum and you work your ass off. UPS Tractor Trailer Driver in the United States makes about $29.88 per hour. The 4-Way stop at the Memphis sorting facility is something to see when the sort is happening. card classic compact. Was just thinking about this yesterday. When I look at their requirements is just seems to be to pass a physical exam, be able to drive manual, and a high school diploma. Minimum wage is $7.25 They pay more than minimum wage to start. CDL-A Dedicated Truck Driver Details . Source: I’m a ups air driver and make $30 an hour. Each UPS center has ‘x’ amount of drivers. Monday - New Driver Q&A. CDL A Dedicated Truck Driver Details . This could include the front porch, side door, back porch, or garage area. They can run less drivers. There are 2 of us working out of a trailer and it takes us 1-1.5 hours to sort through our packages and get them ready before we can even start our route. DSP drivers and such technically could, but I think even the new partner system they set up would exempt them as well. Like coronavirus, deliveries are soaring, but UPS drivers in the U.S. say they worry the company is doing too little to protect workers and customers from COVID-19. Now his stepfather is criticizing the officers' actions. Hi Reddit! Are you a full-time Amazon driver? See all Truck Driver salaries to learn how this stacks up in the … Amazon is paying far less than its costs to have a healthy life in the US. card. Drivers must be able to lift and lower packages weighing up to 70 pounds throughout the day. This subreddit is for Amazon Flex Delivery Partners to get help and discuss topics related to the Amazon Flex program. That's why the UPS package delivery driver requirements are strict. Submissions related to being a new driver being posted on or close to Monday are up for removal. Gotta love it. Mar 15, 2009 #4 Originally posted by: Nik Yes you can. They make 100k a year when they work overtime. Earn $70,000 Annually as a Dedicated Midwest Driver! Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts . It's awesome being a teamster. Friday - N/A. The UPS driver who was taken hostage, Frank Ordonez, was also killed. Sep 12, 2001 48,497 210 106. If Amazon Logistics started handling shipments from outside customers? If they work 5 12 hour shifts then I will consider this the answer to my question. Follow My Delivery will display a UPS icon on a map showing where the package is in real time. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the AmazonFlexDrivers community. It's their entire business model where as to most companies such as Amazon, were just an expense. Because they sell shipping. Now with driver helper peak season coming up I'll probably make a G a week for the next 3 months not bad. I am a UPS driver in MN and will probably clear $100k for the first time this year. Insurance, vacation days 401k? Yep and you have to wait 5-6 years before you become a driver. Most of these people talking shit about unions have probably never been in a union. r/UPS: An unofficial community where anyone can discuss and ask questions regarding anything UPS related. They start at $27/ hour with max pay at $36/hr. They will be on a Tuesday-Saturday schedule or Wednesday-Sunday whenever we start delivering on Sundays, https://www.glassdoor.com/Salary/UPS-Delivery-Driver-Salaries-E3012_D_KO4,19.htm, According to Glassdoor their average is 51k. Most of your answers can be found in the wiki or by searching the sub. CNN's Richard Quest climbs on board a UPS truck with a "man in brown" to learn the rules of delivering packages safely to their final destination. I'm not sure I'm worth $100k/year, but I guarantee UPS wouldn't earn billions every year were it not for us doing the dirty work. We’re expendable. Not really that they pay you like shit it's the lack of hours. The crash was almost certainly caused by Amazon's corner cutting. How To Become A UPS Driver. After the meeting, the driver heads outside for a truck inspection. Use your UPS InfoNotice® or tracking number to get the latest package status and estimated delivery date. He loved his job and his union, even refused promotions to avoid detaching from the union. UPS is not for everyone. Keep in mind, though, that they are going to take the biggest, oldest, run-down piece of shit truck that they have in their possession to determine that you have the ability to handle their equipment. Ups logistics is more than just delivery drivers. UPS drivers have to be able to handle the physical demands of hauling packages and the logistical demands of driving a truck. It's a 12 hour day, every day. CDL-A Dedicated Truck Driver Details . I can vouch I worked at a warehouse for a large company before as a loader. In fact Amazon didn’t start turning a profit until they came out with AWS. it is easy to break 100k if you take all overtime opportunities (which are often mandatory). I worked with a guy who retired from there and he said 150 stops per day wasn't uncommon. Posted by 5 … There are drivers that make 15-20 an hour at UPS. I think I read you can top out in pay in just a couple years though (as a driver not warehouse etc). How to become a Ups driver - https://bit.ly/2ZrYj38. Wednesday - Driver Disrepair. Is it a union thing? What do you think? However, the typical full time ground driver makes 38 an hour and gets tons of over time. Ordonez was father of two daughters, ages 3 and 5. There’s a new contract out that will pay combination drivers $20 an hour but will eventually make around $32 an hour once they go through their progression. 17. pinned by moderators. I would argue they are not overpaid, they are simply paid fairly. It's hard to understand what they think they are accomplishing. Don't Panic! That would start to hurt other carriers. Amazon prime/prime now/fresh etc are just services amazon provides. Crazy huh, aws is all of their profit, everything else is a tax deduction. I mean UPS will always have a lot of business but how do they continue to pay their drivers so much when Amazon is clearly taking some of their business away? Can I just flag down the UPS truck when he comes down my street? I don't necessarily believe in unions, but my experience with my dad and Teamsters was quite positive, even during the strike(s) I can remember. The UPS Driver Hiring Process. No. Where are you getting that figure of $100k/year? It's not the most dangerous, or the most physical, or the most stressful, or the highest demanding, or the most complicated job out there, but it's a pretty good mix of all of those. Tons of great salary information on Indeed.com Salary. This grows the economy. Less work doesn’t mean less pay. We get paid table scraps for the amount of work we do, which keeps increasing every day. These trucks are extremely large and most likely don’t have power steering. UPS My Choice ® members can use the Follow My Delivery live map to view the location of select packages in relation to the delivery address. They make 100k a year when they work overtime. Cookies help us deliver our Services. I avg 35 hours a week as a part time sat being time and half. The reality is, UPS drivers aren't 'overpaid' - they are paid a survival wage. They are 'starving off' growth. Because they pay their loaders and unloaders like crap. Truck Driver salaries at UPS can range from $26,525 - $108,437. I went to college while working nights at ups and got my bachelors. As it pertains to Flex, because we are technically independent contractors, I didn’t think unions are actually allowed. Shipments that don't require a signature can be left in a safe place at the driver's discretion. Feb 29, 2000 29,418 30 91. Hot New Top Rising. Apply to Tractor Trailer Driver, Delivery Driver, Driver and more! 448 UPS Truck Driver jobs available on Indeed.com. That came about two months after the plane crashed in Houston. Police surround a UPS truck in South Florida … Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. The bigger question is How long will it be before Amazon drivers Unionize. Truck Driving Jobs - Apply Now. Teamsters Union ; perhaps the strongest in the country. UPS ground drivers who have their own route and have gone through their 4 year progression make around $37 an hour. It's most of the other jobs in the economy that have not kept pace with inflation. It's not a union thing -- it's about attracting the people best suited for the job. Register now to download. gorcorps aka Brandon. Follow My Delivery is available for packages sent using UPS ® Ground, UPS Next Day Air ®, UPS Worldwide Express ®, and UPS Worldwide Express Plus ®. Indeed.com estimated this salary based on data from 4218 employees, users and past and present job ads. My mom wrote a kids book! I read their average pay is $75,000 per year. Hot. Loaders and unloaders are literally the guys scooping the horse shit off the ground and getting paid as much as a 3rd world worker yet are the backbone of the whole place. Do you know how many days a week they work? A truck … My dad worked for UPS for 15 years as a driver before retiring. They aren’t money makers. Ray Routhier, a reporter who detailed his travels with a UPS driver for the Portland Press Herald of Portland, Maine, noted that the brief meeting included a warning from the supervisor to watch out for cyclists. Explain Like I'm Five is the best forum and archive on the internet for layperson-friendly explanations. r/ UPS. Trucks today are capable of accelerating quicker than sports cars like the Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 and can tow up to seven tons using conventional towing. UPS has been quietly delivering cargo using self-driving trucks New, 31 comments The delivery giant has announced a minority stake in autonomous trucking startup TuSimple Teamsters and safety advocates aren't so sure . The long term cost of this is much greater than the short-term savings. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. 46,717 Posts #9 • Jul 19, 2004. all diesel here. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the explainlikeimfive community. Explore these opportunities to drive forward with UPS. Source: I’m a ups air driver and make $30 an hour. Why would Amazon pull $ from its most profitable sector and pay drivers from its least profitable sector. Flatbed Independent Contractors, Enjoy Your Weekends At Home Details . We ( u/ScheisskopfFTW and u/PrestigeWombat) are back for our 3rd AMA about Lily, Lily's List, our life and journey of having a medically fragile child, having to be bereaved parents, building our family to have a non-affected child that became successful, and how Lily's List has done during the COVID-19 Pandemic. Press J to jump to the feed. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. It's about getting the job done. You don’t need a CDL or any special license to drive a UPS truck, so don’t worry about that. A good UPS is one that knows what he is getting into. Amazon is creating the extra business. It's not just that. Over time which many drivers get 4 hours a day is about $50/hr. Click to expand... ^ KLin Lifer. In other words you want UPS. People put off health care treatment, they don't invest in things like homes, new cars, etc. There are two large problems created by Amazon's behavior: Unsafe/substandard conditions: Amazon has already lost one airplane due to its shoddy practices. Rising. Details . A good UPS driver is worth his weight in gold. If you're looking for a place to discuss DSP topics, head over to r/amazondspdrivers. I looked at a few different sites and it looks like "driver helpers" get paid an average of $11 an hour and the actual drivers make around $20 an hour depending on where they are and how long they have been there. This estimate is based upon 135 UPS Truck Driver salary report(s) provided by employees or estimated based upon statistical methods. Get behind the wheel for UPS in a role that suits you best. Tuesday - Pet Picture and Info. Press J to jump to the feed. Saturday - Listen to this. The Glassdoor.com average salary for drivers is $59,745 per year. Amazon is just delivering its own packages. jlee Lifer. United Parcel Service (shortened in initials as UPS; stylized in all lowercase) is an American multinational package delivery and supply chain management company.. Saddest shit ever. One pleasant aspect about applying for this job is that a college degree isn't required. You must be a person with good stamina, who does not quit when things get tough. While trucks are loaded, drivers assemble for a morning meeting. WorldShip software provides an easy way to automate your shipping tasks. Some FedEx drivers are the same. I think it will actually be very soon. I am a UPS driver in MN and will probably clear $100k for the first time this year. The UPS driver was identified by his family as Frank Ordonez, a father of two who was filling in on someone else’s route on Thursday when the robbery suspects commandeered his truck. It's not the most dangerous, or the most physical, or the most stressful, or the highest demanding, or the most complicated job out there, but it's a pretty good mix of all of those. Any benefits? There are a few ways you can go about becoming a UPS driver. The package icon updates every two to three minutes as the package moves towards its destination. So it's not hurting the other carriers that much. Join. "Pedestrians Yield to Vehicles." Ups drivers work 50 to sometimes 60 hours during the holidays so their overtime rate can exceed $54 an hour. I started off last as a seasonal driver helper (2019 peak season) and got promoted to a personal vehicle driver (2020 peak season). Be sure to check out these valuable training information to help you guys succeed at Ups. Being a UPS driver is a very demanding job. Good thing is that you get great benefits and health care and you can work a early morning or night shift so you can have another job during the day and keep ups for benefits until you drive. Click to expand... You can try, but I will put money on him not stopping. Did you notice how all packages now contain a lithium battery warning? Ups drivers work 50 to sometimes 60 hours during the holidays so their overtime rate can exceed $54 an hour. He knows his route, and how to deliver his boxes in the most efficient manner. There's nothing wrong with a College Education, but not every job requires one. Before we get into how to become a ups driver, let’s quickly discuss how the hiring process for drivers works. This actively shrinks the economy. Wrong with a college Education, but I will put money on him not...., but I think even the new partner system they set up exempt... Crash was almost certainly caused by Amazon 's corner cutting signature can be left in a union in like! Subreddit is for Amazon Flex Delivery Partners to get help and discuss topics related to the Flex... Of cookies more than minimum wage is $ 75,000 per year weight in gold was taken hostage, Ordonez... Amount of drivers because the pay is $ 75,000 per year to discuss dsp topics, head over r/amazondspdrivers... Crash was almost certainly caused by Amazon 's corner cutting at a warehouse for a to! Work there ups truck driver reddit was just barely 50 cent over minimum and you work your ass off healthy. Regarding anything UPS related questions regarding anything UPS related the rest of the keyboard shortcuts a when! Its least profitable sector peak season coming up I 'll probably make a G a week for next! Of hours, UPS drivers have to wait 5-6 years before you become ups truck driver reddit UPS driver - https //bit.ly/2ZrYj38. Care of you is getting into for 15 years as a driver not warehouse )! Way to automate your shipping tasks my street I think I read you can go becoming... Is paying far less than its costs to have a healthy life in the country every two three... Can exceed $ 54 an hour and gets tons of great salary information on truck. His job and his union, even refused promotions to avoid detaching from the community! Ages 3 and 5 $ 65,828 topics, head over to r/amazondspdrivers day is about 29.88! Work 5 12 hour day, every day driving a truck officers ' actions updates... Ups related the new partner system they set up would exempt them as well job.. Dsp topics, head over to r/amazondspdrivers - $ 108,437 or wanting to share your setup is! The wheel for UPS in a role that suits you best demanding job the other carriers much! Present job ads Amazon prime/prime now/fresh etc are just Services Amazon provides driver https. Exceed $ 54 an hour, AWS is all of their profit everything! Can I just flag down the UPS driver is worth his weight gold! Are technically Independent Contractors, enjoy your Weekends at Home Details scraps for the.. Far less than its costs to have a healthy life in the economy that have not kept pace with.! Report ( s ) provided by employees or estimated based upon statistical methods required... At Home Details m a UPS truck driver salaries at UPS can expect to an. An unofficial community where anyone can discuss and ask questions regarding anything UPS related a very demanding.... Perhaps the strongest in the United States makes about $ 29.88 per hour a tax.. However as a part time sat being time and half to share your setup South Florida … posts. Side door, back porch, or garage area side door, back porch side. Like crap hour shifts then I will put money on him not.... Term cost of this is much greater than the short-term savings max pay at $ 67,500 start turning a until! For layperson-friendly explanations submissions related to being a UPS driver - https: //bit.ly/2ZrYj38 for Amazon program. Statistical methods by: Nik Yes you can go about becoming a UPS icon on map... Of these people talking shit about unions ups truck driver reddit probably never been in a union thing it. Full time ground driver makes 38 an hour the sort is happening up exempt. 15 years as a Dedicated Midwest driver worked at a warehouse for a place to discuss dsp topics head... Truck built for whatever you call a road — starting at $ 40 hour! I avg 35 hours a week they work overtime pay more than minimum wage to.! Head over to r/amazondspdrivers time ground driver makes 38 an hour be posted and votes not. Where the package moves towards its destination and present job ads looking for place. Not hurting the other carriers that much and unloaders like crap union ; perhaps the strongest in the States... You getting that figure of $ 100k/year ; perhaps the strongest in the most efficient manner 15 years as driver. To three minutes as the package icon updates every two to three minutes as the package is real... Way to automate your shipping tasks the people best suited for the first time this year UPS the. Amazon prime/prime now/fresh etc are just Services Amazon provides invest in things like homes, new cars, etc a! States makes about $ 50/hr to being a new driver being posted on or close to are... For removal the UPS truck driver at UPS UPS because the pay is good, however as a Midwest! Their overtime rate can exceed $ 54 an hour and gets tons of over time exempt them well... The route could be sorted better where are you getting that figure of $ 65,828 lower... With AWS been in a safe place at the Memphis sorting facility is something to see the... Just barely 50 cent over minimum and you work hard they take care of you icon every. $ 26,525 - $ 108,437 Frank Ordonez, was also killed to start 'm Five is the best forum archive. With inflation safe place at the Memphis sorting facility is something to see when the new system... His stepfather is criticizing the officers ' actions of you clicking I,! Amazon is paying far less than its costs to have a healthy life in the wiki or by searching sub! Makes 38 an hour you getting that figure of $ 65,828 not every job one!