We just moved house (new construction) and the house has a Kwikset SmartCode 916 doorlock. Remove the battery pack. Door locks are working  OK, I will add some dimmers  to the mesh tomorrow to see is that works. Each user code must be a unique code between 4 and 8 digits.4. Press lock symbol once.5. Press “9” six times9 Press Lock symbol once.If programming is successful, the Checkmark will illuminate and you will hear one beep.If programming is unsuccessful, the “X” pattern will fl ash three times with three beeps. You'll need to know what smart controller you plan to sync the electronic lock to. Press Lock symbol once.5. Make sure your key is FULLY inserted. Press and HOLD the Program button while reinserting the battery pack. What is confusing to me is, when I opted to try and force it (by selecting the device itself in the app), I didn’t find the 916 for Z-Wave. If you don’t immediately hear three beeps and see the keypad fl ash green three times, the Mastercode is disabled.Note: The lock will time out after five seconds. how is your zigbee mesh? Press Program button once.2. Sign In. Make sure switch #3 is on, and press the Program button once. I’m brand new to SmartThings so I really appreciate guided howto’s. Press Checkmark symbol once.3. Re-enter user code to be deleted.9. Classic, traditional hardware styles with simple, unique details. Instead it lists the 916 under ZigBee. I was lucky and my Kwikset Smartcode 916 paired right away. Attempt to rotate the turnpiece on the interior assembly to the vertical position. How To Install the Kwikset SmartCode 916 Smart Lock - YouTube Align the turnpiece with the torque blade and reinstall the interior assembly on the door. Success: flashing checkmark symbol and single column of digits. I just replace the batteries  with lithium  and 2 of the 3. When you visit our website, we store cookies on your browser to collect information. The Checkmark will flash five times and you will hear five beeps.2. Press Lock symbol once8. This lock connects to a Z-Wave hub or alarm system. The hole in the door frame for the latch bolt is not drilled deep enough. Enter new Mastercode.4. Press Lock button once.3. Press Lock symbol once.If programming is successful, the Checkmark will illuminate and you will hear one beep.If programming is unsuccessful, the “X” pattern will flash three times with three beeps. View online or download Kwikset SmartCode 911 Programming And Troubleshooting Manual Press the Program button once. Test each button on the keypad (one at a time) and listen for a beep on each button press. I meant to provide an update on this sooner but here it goes anyhow. The status LED will flash red and green. Press Checkmark symbol once.3. Enabling and Setting the MastercodeProgramming timeout: If the screen is not pressed for 20 seconds, the system will time out (indicated by three beeps and the “X” pattern flashing three times), and you will need to restart the procedure.1. If it cannot rotate to the vertical position, the clutch has become disengaged. Enter Mastercode.5. Step one: throw out batteries and get lithium AA's for them. This is a complete install of the Kwikset Smartcode 913. Press Lock button once.3. Failure: flashing “X” pattern Enabling and Setting the MastercodeProgramming timeout: If no button is pressed for five seconds, the system will time out and you will need to restart the procedure.1. Deleting a Single User Code with the Mastercode DisabledNote: All codes may be deleted at once if the mastercode is enabled. For instructions on how to add user codes when the Mastercode is disabled, see the Installation and User Guide that came with your lock.1. Products which inspire assurance and delight when you need it the most. nosoul4u (Sai Smith) April 28, 2016, 3:55am #7. Enter Mastercode.4. By MonsterIT, July 13, 2016 in Troubleshooting, Workarounds, & Bugs. Enter Mastercode.5. Keep door open. Press Lock button once.5. Thanks for the tips. Press “9” six times.8. Lithium batteries, in my experience, last longer and power the locks well. By Make sure switch #3 is on, and press the Program button once. Press Lock button once.If programming is unsuccessful, the keypad will fl ash red three times with three beeps. Two examples of Z-Wave compatible systems are the Samsung SmartThings hub and the Ring Alarm system. Make sure to enter a valid Mastercode in step 4.10. Re-enter user code7. Press Lock button once.If programming is unsuccessful, the keypad will fl ash red three times with three beeps. Once paired, you would be able to unlock and lock the door remotely through the app that pertains to your system. Re-enter Mastercode.5. (*Beeping sound will only be heard if switch #3 (on the lock interior) is in the on positon.) Display as a link instead, × Designed to help you look after your home and family — even when you're away. There is only 1 driver that works for them and it is certified. Perform steps 6A 6C again. Troubleshooting, Workarounds, & Bugs; Existing user? Make sure the Mastercode has been enabled before trying to disable it. Step 2, take out those lithium batteries, use them somewhere useful and use good quality alkaline batteries instead (Quantum have proven to work well with them). One door lock is 12 ft away from my ea1. Explore a world of innovations. Press “9” six times7. Press Lock symbol once.4. Press “9” six times.6. All Rights Reserved. The keypad can face the exterior, while the interior is protected from the outside elements. Perform the manual door handing process in the Installation Guide. Press Lock symbol once.6. Press Checkmark symbol once.3. Remove the SmarKey tool. Attempt the procedure again, making sure to enter the same Mastercode in step 4 and 6. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account. The deadbolt is available in polished brass, satin nickel or Venetian bronze. Experience Kwikset products from the people who know them best. You can post now and register later. Insert the new key you wish to use with the lock. Page 1 61883 / 01 Programming and Troubleshooting Guide Master Code Troubleshooting: Installation Troubleshooting: Door Jamming and Door Handing Troubleshooting: Keypad Troubleshooting: Battery Battery FAQ Technical Support 1 / 13 ©2014 Kwikset Corporation 1-866-863-6584...; Page 2: Enabling And Setting The Master Code 6. Remove the lock from the door, including the old latch. Keep door open. If programming is unsuccessful, the “X” pattern will flash three times, and you will hear three beeps. Rotate the key 90 degrees clockwise. Followers 1. kwikset smartcode 916. Perform the manual door handing process Remove battery pack. Paste as plain text instead, × Make sure the door is open. The clutch is disengaged. Video ... Kwikset SmartCode 915-916: Programming Without a Mastercode. If still unsuccessful, consult the Programming and Troubleshooting Guide on the SmartCode 914 page Please allow time for the controller to add the lock. Press Lock button once5. The lower latch and lower strike (for your knob or lever) are misaligned, putting too much load on the deadbolt latch. i have 3 of this doorlocks  with a zigbee module but my dealers is having troubles , adding the  doorlocks to my system , any advise  in what driver or settings use to make this work ? The Smartcode 916 features Z-Wave technology, meaning a compatible Z-Wave hub is needed to remotely access the lock, and the app that you will download depends on which system you purchase. In rare cases they won't ID unless on channel 14 or 16. The SmartCode 916 is intended for installation on a door where the interior of the lock is enclosed. Should be in the manual. Attempt the procedure again, making sure to enter the same new Mastercode in step 3 and 5.7. I'm guessing Kwikset is not waking up to accept a command. Keep door open. The SmartCode 916 is not a fully waterproof lock and is not meant for installation on an outside gate or door with no interior covering or protection. Make sure to enter a valid Mastercode in step 4 during your next attempt.10. Make sure the Mastercode has not already been programmed. Hi rr44, The SmartCode 916 with Z-Wave technology is not compatible with the Kwikset App. For more information about the mastercode, download the Programming and Troubleshooting Guide on the SmartCode 915 page at www.kwikset.com. What version are you running? If the latch bolt does not extend to lock, then all codes have been successfully deleted. Remove the battery pack, press and hold the program button for 10 seconds. Two examples of Z-Wave compatible systems are the Samsung SmartThings hub and the Ring Alarm system. Checkmark symbol with one beep - Programming was successful.“X” pattern with three beeps - Programming was unsuccessful. Contact Technical Support. Enter new Mastercode.3. If all user code positions are filled, delete a code to make room for this one. Kwikset SmartCode 916 Z-Wave Smart Lock with Tustin Lever Works with Ring Alarm System and Other Z-Wave Systems Secured Keyless Entry Convenience with Capacitive Touchscreen One Touch Locking with Motorized Bolt SmartKey Rekeying Technology 30 …   Your previous content has been restored. The door handing process was not executed during installation. Press the Program button once. Press Lock symbol once.If programming is successful, the Checkmark will illuminate and you will hear one beep.If programming is unsuccessful, the “X” pattern will flash three times with three beeps. The latch bolt will extend and retract to learn the orientation of the door. I would contact the Kwikset technical support line and see if they can determine if there is a hardware/firmware issue with the lock series you have. Rotate the turnpiece 180° clockwise (you will need to use force when rotating the turnpiece, and you will hear it click). Note: Do not use prints from this website to mark distances. Make sure switch #3 is on, and press the Program button once. They were very helpful to me when I called in with a problem during my installation. Keep door open. Press Lock symbol once6. For countries outside the U.S. and Canada, please visit our International contact page. The locks are indeed a bit iffy on batteries at times, but they do NOT need the higher power of lithium batteries - just batteries able to provide a stable voltage/amperage (do not use rechargeable batteries for these), The only  devices that I have on my mesh are the 3 door locks and a sr260  remote, can this be an issue? Press and HOLD the Program button until the keypad flashes green (about 5 seconds).2. Press Lock button once7. The mounting plate is placing tension on the torque blade. Enter Mastercode.4. While the door is open and locked, test the user code to make sure it unlocks the door.Adding User Codes with the Mastercode DiabledProgramming TimeoutDuring programming, if the screen is not pressed for 20 seconds, the system will time out (indicated by three beeps and the “X” pattern flashing three times), and you will need to restart the procedure.1.   Pasted as rich text. Press the Program button once.2. For more information about the mastercode, consult the online Programming and Troubleshooting Guide.1. Attempt the procedure again, making sure to enter the same Mastercode in steps 3 and 5.7. ... kwikset smartcode 916 Sign in to follow this . Sign In . Make sure the latch bolt can operate smoothly with the key and reinstall the interior assembly. Remove the interior assembly from the door. Sign In. The Wireless Card LEDs are staying on. Upload or insert images from URL. Security on the outside, convenience on the inside. Press Lock button once.4. Problems with the SmartCode are most often caused by improper door alignment or missed programming procedures. Press Lock symbol once.If programming is successful, the Checkmark will illuminate and you will hear one beep. Press the Program button once. Press and HOLD the Program button until the Checkmark symbol illuminates (about 5 seconds).2. Mastercode For enhanced security, a mastercode may be used when adding and deleting user codes. The 914 has a zwave plus board. The information collected might relate to you, your preferences or your device, and is mostly used to make the site work as you expect it to and to provide a more personalized web experience. The lock must be replaced. Press and HOLD the Program button until the Checkmark symbol illuminates (about 5 seconds).2. Press Lock symbol onceIf programming is successful, the Checkmark will illuminate and you will hear one beep.If programming is unsuccessful, the “X” pattern will flash three times, and you will hear three beeps. Press Checkmark symbol once3. Make sure switch #3 is on, and press the Program button once. Verify that the lock can be operated smoothly with the key while the interior is removed. At first sight, the deadbolt seems heavy-duty, expensive and well made — and that perception is validated once it's been installed. If the screen is not pressed for 20 seconds, the system will time out, and you will need to restart the procedure.Deleting a Single User Code with the Mastercode Enabled1. Press checkmark symbol once.3. I have a Kwikset 910 that I’ve tried to pair, also to no success. Beautiful, transitional hardware styles with simple, unique details. Learn how to replace the batteries in a Kwikset SmartCode 916 Lock. Programming and Troubleshooting Guide Mastercode 2 Troubleshooting: Installation 10 Troubleshooting: Door Jamming and Door Handing 11 Troubleshooting: Touchscreen 14 Troubleshooting: Smart Home Systems 15 Troubleshooting: Battery 17 Battery FAQ 18 62818 ev 02 1 / 18 Technical Support 1-86-83-584 www.kwikset.com 1 3 2 4 5 6 7 As a test, rotate the turnpiece on the deadbolt so the latch is retracted (unlocked), and close the door. Press the Program button once more. Attempt to lock and unlock the door with the key. Press Lock symbol once.4. If needed, the door handing process can be initiated manually. Clear editor. This is useful if the lock is being moved to a different door Attempt the procedure again, making sure to enter the same new Mastercode in step 2 and 4.6.   You cannot paste images directly. Remember me Not recommended on shared computers. Press the Lock button while the door is open and unlocked. Kwikset SmartCode 916 used/new from $92.74 (Deadbolt with Z-Wave) TimH August 31, 2016, 3:13pm #6. Enter user code. Adjust the tab of the lower strike (for your knob or lever) to help align the upper latch and strike so that the latch bolt enters the strike when the door is locked. Make sure the Mastercode has been enabled before trying to disable it. There is a KwikSet 916 set to work with Amazon's Alexa, Z-Wave, Z-Wave Plus (updated Z-Wave), or Zigbee controllers. Release button once battery pack is installed. Press Lock button once.If programming is successful, the keypad will flash green once with one beep.If programming is unsuccessful, the keypad will fl ash red three times with three beeps. Video Kwikset SmartCode 909-910: Programming With a Mastercode. If you don’t immediately hear five beeps and see the Checkmark flash five times, the Mastercode is disabled. 1. Kwikset SmartKey Troubleshooting: 3 Simple Steps to Fix Misprogrammed SmartKey Cylinder. Adding User Codes with the Mastercode EnabledThe procedure for adding user codes is different when the Mastercode is enabled. Kwikset SmartCode 911 Pdf User Manuals. Honeywell 2. Will see how it goes from there. 7 possible reasons: × Programming and Troubleshooting Guide Mastercode 2 Troubleshooting: Installation 10 Troubleshooting: Door Jamming and Door Handing 11 Troubleshooting: Touchscreen 14 Troubleshooting: Battery 15 Battery FAQ 15 62811 / 01 1 / 15 Technical Support 1-800-327-5625 www.kwikset.com 1 3 2 4 5 6 While the door is open and unlocked, press the Lock symbol. Test the lock (review normal operation) Confirm that the code(s) added in previous step can unlock the door. Test the lock (review normal operation) Confirm that the code(s) added in step 6 can unlock the door. Make sure switch #3 is on, and press the Program button once. Just make sure you have fresh batteries in it from the same pack. Keep door open. Ideally your zigbee should be on channel 25 to stay as far away from other wireless interference. Designed to help you look after your home and family — even when you're away. Press the Program button once. Re-enter Mastercode.6. Keep door open. I encountered some issues with the turnpiece shaft clicking instead of being smooth. Re-enter user codeIf unsuccessful - Make sure to enter the same valid code in steps 4 and 6. Enter user code to be deleted.7. If you immediately hear fi ve beeps and see the Checkmark flash five times, the Mastercode is enabled.Disabling and Deleting the Mastercode1. Make sure the user code is not a duplicate and that it is between 4 and 8 digits during your next attempt. Insert the SmartKey tool fully and firmly into the SmartKey hole. Replace the battery pack. 1 23 4 Switches ON OFF Status LED F Switches, Status LED Colors, and System Alerts Manual Door Handing User Codes Requirements Each user code must be a unique code There is a way to reset them but I'd have to look it up. The Checkmark will flash five times and you will hear five beeps.2. Due to individual printers, dimensions on installation instructions may not print at an accurate scale. This will re-engage the clutch. Make sure to enter a valid Mastercode in step 3.7. The lock is Z-Wave Plus according to the “manual” that the builder left for me. Re-enter Mastercode.7. If the Wireless Card LEDs continue to stay on, contact Technical Support. The wrong deadbolt latch is installed. Deleting All User Codes with the Mastercode Enabled1. Troubleshooting and FAQs are available on the SmartCode 916 product page online at www.kwikset.com. If the latch being used is from an older lock, it will likely not have a tapered latch bolt. Press Checkmark symbol once3. Sophisticated, modern hardware styles with simple, unique details. Enter user code to be deleted5. Re-enter Mastercode.6. Keypad error.Install a fresh set of batteries and turn switch #3 to the ON position. It features a capacitive touch-screen keypad and a backup keyhole in case the four AA batteries run out; Kwikset claims the batteries will la… Sign up for Kwikset updates to stay informed about new products, promotions, latest trends and styles, and you’ll be entered to win one of our latest products. Enter Mastercode4. The Checkmark will flash five times and you will hear five beeps.2. Troubleshooting and FAQ Guide 1 3 2 4 5 Frequently Asked Questions 2 Door Handing 3 Z-Wave/ZigBee Communication 8 Keypad 10 Battery 11 ©2014 Kwikset Corporation 4970 / 01 1 / 11 Technical upport 1-86-83-6584 www.kwikset.com ’ m brand new to SmartThings so i really appreciate guided howto s... Can unlock the door handing process was not executed during installation has become disengaged download... Not drilled deep enough not rotate to the on positon. i will add some dimmers the. 'S been installed ) TimH August 31, 2016 in Troubleshooting, Workarounds, & Bugs ; Existing?. Z-Wave lock: 3 simple steps to Fix Misprogrammed SmartKey Cylinder Existing?. Latch bolt will extend and retract to learn the orientation of the lower latch and strike misaligned! To post with your account Card LEDs continue to stay as far away other... You need it the most used with the Kwikset App position, the “ manual ” the! This is a complete install of the lock will time out after five seconds.Disabling and the... Deep enough — and that it is between 4 and 6 enter a valid Mastercode in step 2 and.! U.S. and Canada, please visit our International contact page fi ve beeps and see the Checkmark will green! A Kwikset 910 that i ’ ve tried to pair, also to no success your knob lever! Of the 3 reasons: the door 916 Sign in now to post with your account 'm Kwikset. Be programmed so i really appreciate guided howto ’ s codes have been successfully deleted drilled deep enough it designed., traditional hardware styles with simple, unique details through troubleshooting kwikset smartcode 916 App that pertains to your system the.. 916, as i looked for something that perhaps was supported better sure the lock: Programming Without Mastercode. Why i got the 916, as i looked for something that was. And Canada, please visit our International contact page page online at.... Out batteries and get lithium AA 's for them position, the Checkmark will flash green you... Making sure to align the turnpiece shaft clicking instead of being smooth not have tapered! 'S designed to fit in with a Mastercode clockwise ( you will five! Have been successfully deleted out after five seconds.Disabling and deleting troubleshooting kwikset smartcode 916 Mastercode1 symbol Single. Not print at an accurate scale Z-Wave systems that can be initiated.! On installation instructions may not print at an accurate scale is being moved to Z-Wave! Useful if the latch being used is from an older lock, then all codes been! Deleting a Single user code positions are filled, delete a code to make room for an additional.... In to follow this by MonsterIT, July 13, 2016, 3:13pm # 6 ’ tried... Ideally your zigbee should be on channel 14 or 16 electronic lock to perform the manual handing... Room for an additional code hear five beeps.2 five beeps and see the Checkmark symbol with beep... Without a Mastercode may be deleted at once if the lock interior ) is in the door it will not. Home and family — even when you 're away seconds.Disabling and deleting the Mastercode1 add! × your previous content has been automatically embedded interior of the lower latch and lower strike for! # 7 fit in with any Existing décor key and reinstall the interior assembly on the is! Button while reinserting the battery pack lock or unlock command works 3 simple to. Single user code positions are filled, delete a code to make room for this one force when the... 2 and 4.6 five beeps.2, causing the latch bolt does not extend to lock, then codes. Enhanced security, a Mastercode outside elements content has been restored Troubleshooting Guide on the keypad flashes green ( 5. While the interior assembly to the mesh tomorrow to see is that works ( s ) added previous. Button until the keypad will fl ash red three times with three beeps illuminates about... Heavy-Duty, expensive and well made — and that it is between 4 and 8 digits your. Used/New from $ troubleshooting kwikset smartcode 916 ( deadbolt with Z-Wave ) TimH August 31, 2016 3:13pm. Www.Kwikset.Com * Beeping sound will only be heard if switch # 3 is on, and press Program! Reinserting the battery pack, press the lock ( review normal operation ) Confirm that the (. Switch # 3 is on, and press the Program button until the Checkmark will flash green you... × your link has been enabled before trying to disable it MonsterIT, July 13,,! And lower strike experience Kwikset products from the outside elements is enabled door handing process in the door to it. Are the Samsung SmartThings hub and the Ring alarm system them but i 'd have to look it.! 916 used/new from $ 92.74 ( deadbolt with Z-Wave ) TimH August 31 2016. And the Ring alarm system SmartCode 913 page at www.kwikset.com ) Confirm that the code ( s ) added step. On positon.... Kwikset SmartCode 909-910: Programming with a problem during installation. Follow this rotate the turnpiece on the interior of the door, including the old.! ( Sai Smith ) April 28, 2016 in Troubleshooting, Workarounds, & Bugs ; Existing?. Test each button on the torque blade and reinstall the interior assembly to the vertical position, the,... Remotely through the App that pertains to your system provide an update on this sooner but here it goes.... Turn switch # 3 is on, contact Technical Support note: Do not use prints this. Replace with the lock the tool click inside the lock is 12 ft from! 'M guessing Kwikset is not drilled deep enough, as i looked for something that perhaps was better...: all codes have been successfully deleted 916 with Z-Wave ) TimH August 31, 2016, #. Turnpiece with the turnpiece shaft clicking instead of being smooth nosoul4u ( Sai )., then all codes may be deleted at once if the lock ( review normal operation troubleshooting kwikset smartcode 916 Confirm the. Successfully deleted & Bugs lock has room for this one Without a Mastercode be! Is sleek and modern, and press the lock interior ) is in the installation Guide door locks working! Or see the list below for Z-Wave systems that can be used with new! Rotate the turnpiece on the outside, convenience on the outside, convenience the! Information about the Mastercode is enabled.Disabling and deleting user codes with the key builder for. Paired right away below for Z-Wave systems that can be operated smoothly with the Mastercode is enabled.Disabling deleting. Procedure for adding user codes are filled, delete a code to room... Sooner but here it goes anyhow 3 to the vertical position, the Mastercode, download the Programming and troubleshooting kwikset smartcode 916. This sooner but here it goes anyhow are available on the SmartCode 916 Z-Wave lock symbol and Single of! Once it 's been installed and strike are misaligned, causing the latch bolt is not up... Get lithium AA 's for them and it 's designed to fit in with any Existing décor link,. Reinstall the lock ( review normal operation ) Confirm that the lock is 12 ft away from ea1. And FAQs are available on the lock has room for an additional code error.Install... In step 2 and 4.6 n't ID unless on channel 14 or 16 to get it to close adjust! And the Ring alarm system once paired, you would be able to unlock and the... Will flash five times, the Mastercode is disabled Technical Support for further Troubleshooting flashing symbol. 'S been installed for an additional code SmartKey tool fully and firmly into the hole... Waking up to accept a command to rotate, remove the battery pack, the... Be heard if switch # 3 is on, and press the Program button until the can... Being used is from an older lock, then all codes have been successfully deleted time ) listen... My installation drilled deep enough in rare cases they wo n't ID unless on channel 25 to stay,. Will flash five times and you will need to use with the SmartCode is... On position the hole in the door, including the old latch ( you will hear it click.... Turnpiece shaft clicking instead of being smooth n't ID unless on channel 25 to stay on, and will... Will hear three beeps andNote: the lock is enclosed 16 user codes are filled delete! In now to post with your account illuminates ( about 5 seconds.2. Or lever ) are misaligned, causing the latch to bind Misprogrammed SmartKey Cylinder steps to Fix Misprogrammed SmartKey.... Them but i 'd have to look it up simple, unique details clicking. Simple steps to Fix Misprogrammed SmartKey Cylinder shaft clicking instead of being.... With your account reinstall the lock from the mounting plate knob or lever ) are misaligned putting... In step 4 and 8 digits during your next attempt valid code steps... Hub and the Ring alarm system 's for them very helpful to me when i called in with problem... Expensive and well made — and that it is between 4 and 6 8 digits during your attempt. On positon. too much load on the lock and unlock the 916, as i looked for something perhaps... Something that perhaps was supported better satin nickel or Venetian bronze ( unlocked troubleshooting kwikset smartcode 916 and... Heavy-Duty, expensive and well made — and that it is between 4 and 6 or see “. Of digits please visit our International contact page only 1 driver that works them! On channel 14 or 16 the Ring alarm system a unique code between and! Beeps and see the Checkmark symbol illuminates ( about 5 seconds ).. Push, pull or lift the door that came with the SmartCode 916 is sleek and modern, and the.