I'd just remove 2 or 3 tablespoons of the milk I expect if I did it. If I were to choose the best food smell in the world, it would most definitely be the smell of freshly baked bread. Image Source: Tomato Herbed Spelt Bread Bread is the staff of life – but that does not mean your staff has to be boring. It was a huge success and I went ahead and set a spelt flour subscription on amazon. Quick question. Otherwise no, sorry, this bread can’t be made without yeast. There is no substitution for yeast unless you’d like to try a spelt sourdough. That has been what you guys have been emailing me about for months. Curious if this will work with sprouted spelt flour? It's so simple! Also, would the liquid content need to be adjusted for sprouted spelt? Being on the list means you will be first to see my new recipes and you’ll be kept in the loop on all things new and exciting too! Pour in the water, mix until it well incorporated and then mix in the tbsp of oil. It sounds like it didn’t rise much at all so I’d consider those for next time. ***Molasses gives a great depth of flavour and colour and works really well with the spelt flour. What does the inside of the loaf look like after baking? Hope that helps! Maybe the video can help a bit to show what the dough looks like quickly when kneading. If you’d like to add some things in to this recipe, look to this honey and oat bread, also made with spelt flour. This is a nice, simple sandwich loaf made with 100% whole spelt flour. Thank you! We are trying to stay away from the GMO Wheat and focused on the older varieties. Baking bread is a challenge for most bakers, it takes time and often makes a mess. I was shocked at how high it rose, it toasts great. Subscribe to my email list for a fabulous FREE eCookbook featuring my top 10 recipes. I use about 3 1/4 cups or just under 500 grams when I make it with the type of flour I use but have used much less with Canadian flour types. VEGAN WHOLE GRAIN SPELT SANDWICH BREAD. Would it work if I use lactose-free whole milk? Whisk them together well. If you try it let me know how it goes! See more ideas about recipes, spelt flour recipes, spelt. I love all kinds of Indian curries and of course, there’s no curry for me without a naan or other Indian flatbread. Cooking times vary depending on your oven and the pan you use so it might need a few minutes more or less. Place the dough into the loaf pan and slash the bread about 5 times with a knife. Sandwich bread, hamburger buns, etc. This USA Pan Loaf Pan is my personal favourite. And here's what your gorgeous loaf of Spelt Bread looks like when it's done: - Follow the recipe exactly and weigh the flour. This scale is really inexpensive and accurate. Mix until you can no longer see any dry flour but treat it gently and don't beat it hard or use an electric mixer. Just gently prod the dough with your fingertip. I’m new to bread making and this was blissfully easy. The bread turned out delicious even though it was a bit sticky. Just made the bread and I love it! Can you use a skillet pan or cake round or square pan if you don’t have a loaf pan? ** By standard size, I mean a loaf tin anywhere around 9x5in / 23x13. Thank you! Line a loaf pan with parchment paper or grease it with oil (I usually use extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil). Nutritional information is provided for convenience & as a courtesy. Add the milk, olive oil, 2 cups (300g) of the flour, and the salt. I hope this suggestion help you to have every time the same proofing temp. Myself make your spelt bread and do my The extra flour was definitely needed as the dough was too sticky without it. Only have instant yeast left in the house. Cook the spelt bread as per the instructions and cool it thoroughly on a cooling rack. FOR INGREDIENTS & FULL INSTRUCTIONS PLEASE SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END OF THIS POST. If it doesn’t spring back immediately, then it’s proved. This recipe is a recreation of my favourite muffins from a terrific vegan cafe in Toronto. Tag me on instagram @occasionallyeggs and #occasionallyeggs so I can see what you’re making, and stay in touch via email, facebook, and pinterest. I often use a mix, or just whole, or light spelt : ). You could use an 8 x 8 square pan or an 8 or 9 inch round pan. Your email address will not be published. Looking forward to trying more of your recipes. If you liked this recipe, make sure to leave a comment below, I love hearing from you! … Sprouted whole wheat is a perfect substitute for spelt, go ahead and and pop it in 1:1. I took it out at an hour and was moist inside. i want the bread to be non dairy and i dont have non dairy milk . It’s my staple bread recipe. just plain water ? If you have my cookbook check out the quick and easy beer bread recipe in there too! I started making my own bread a couple of years ago and this is the best spelt bread recipe I’ve found … and so easy … it is the only one I will use from now on. Spelt flour: A flour you see used here on AVV a lot because it's my absolute favourite. Dec 20, 2019 - Explore Maria's board "Alkaline Spelt Bread" on Pinterest. I usually use homemade oat milk, but any type of milk will be fine : ). I tried this recipe today. just made this wonderful yeast free spelt bread. Your video is the perfect amount of visual aid. Spelt is lovely to work with and makes the most fluffiest cakes, cookies, tortillas (recipe for these coming soon) and now, pita bread! Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Thanks so much.. This is a specifically spelt bread recipe, but if you don’t have enough on hand for the full recipe or want to sub something else, kamut, einkorn, or any other ancient grain can be used (and whole wheat/all purpose, of course). Mix all the dry ingredients together, including the seeds. Hi, Store the bread in a sealed container for up to three days, or freeze for up to a month. It's also low on the gluten scale and may be a good flour for those with gluten intolerance, if it's not a serious intolerance. I live in a very rural area and in this Covid times Im not able to travel to buy bread too often so Im so grateful!!! When I weighed the flour, 500 grams was actually closer to 4 cups of flour. Hello Mel! However some of the slices break at the top third. Do you think I could use the same recipe to make it in a breadmaker (panasonic). Recipe: For 1 bread or 18 slices. This bread was excellent and after letting it sit overnight, I was able to slice it into very thin slices. I'm really pleased you're enjoying the recipe Stephanie and thanks so much for stopping by to leave a rating/feedback. Make a well in the middle with a wooden spoon. Maybe ACV, egg? Keep in mind, though, that it won’t last quite as long as other breads, so eat it pretty quickly. Hi Erica, if you mean to make it with a sourdough starter, you can try following the directions here. Add the flour to a large mixing bowl. 6 servings. Place the dough into a large greased bowl and cover with a tea towel or large plate. Spelt flour is one of my favorite flours, it's an ancient variety of wheat that has gone unchanged over the years, unlike other wheat flours. 1 cup of spelt flour weighs less than 1 cup of all purpose or wholewheat flour. This Spelt Bread is here for all of your "need bread quick" emergencies and then some because once you've tried it you'll be wanting to make it on the regular. It’s easier than you think, really. whole wheat) is not just made completely without milk and whey, this vegan everyday bread is also great prepared an evening before. They’ll all work well. The batter will be like cake batter consistency. The video was very helpful as well. Required fields are marked *. Is it possible that I need more than 3 1/2 of flour? My biggest recommendation though would be to invest in a good metal loaf pan. Wonderful recipe – thank you! Is this okay? It's rustic, full of nutty, hearty flavours and perfectly soft and fluffy inside! Melanie. Oats: For texture, toasty oaty flavour, nutrition and presentation. It is not just full of fiber but also thanks to the seeds and nuts, full of minerals. In a little over an hour, start to finish, a gorgeous warm loaf of completely yeast-free Spelt Bread could be yours to enjoy. If you use cups it won't be correct because 1 cup of all purpose flour weighs more than 1 cup of spelt flour. baker’s yeast, pumpkin seeds, rye flour, sea salt, spelt flour and 1 more. Mash room temperature baked kabocha squash in a food processor or by a fork. Spelt flour makes deliciously light homemade spelt bread recipe, a dough that is perfect for those who don't want to use wheat flour in their baking. It will almost certainly be because you used a glass pan. It's soft and fluffy on the inside and slightly crusty and chewy with a scattering of nubbly, toasty oats on the outside. Step 1: Grease and line a 9" x 5" (or similar) loaf pan. Recipe for an easy-to-make and delicious Spelt Chapati. My loaf always turns out flat. I have sprouted spelt and would like to give this a try. Brown sugar or coconut sugar would work best flavour-wise. On a side note, I used maple syrup instead of honey, and it still turned out great! My family and I are very glad I found this recipe, as I have been making it on a weekly basis now. **Quinoa flakes can be used instead of the oats if you prefer. Vegan Recipe YUM 5 Ingre nt Spelt & Chia Seed Banana from vegan spelt bread recipe , image source: vegannewstoday.com. If you’re certain that your yeast is active and you’re letting the dough proof for the correct times, then the only thing I can think of is that you might be kneading the dough for too short of a time. Maybe 10 minutes? If there are any temperature changes in your house, the proving time will change based on things like that as well as any additions you make to the dough. Spelt gives the best combination of fluffy flavour and nutty delicious flavour though. Also what size pan do you use? * Sifted or light spelt, regular whole grain, or sprouted can all be used interchangeably in this recipe. The cooking time will likely be quicker as it will be shallower. Is it one or the other or does it matter? . Notice I say "try". That being said, though, I think a breadmaker would work fine for this recipe. I wasn't sure if that was right or not, but was very good but not sure I would make a sandwich with it. You can use dairy milk for non-dairy if you drink it, which can be said for just about any recipe. thank you. You're just over two hours away from homemade bread, and about 10 minutes of … ****Maple syrup gives the best flavour without too much sweet, but you can use 1 tablespoon of sugar instead. Mix liquid, yeast and some of the flour and let sit until it bubbles. I have two questions. Just an observation. I like to make two loaves at a time and keep one to eat, then freeze the other for another day. If you’d like to use sourdough, you can try my spelt sourdough. It's very hard to resist and no judging from me if you don't ;O). Sending you love from New Zealand. 10 gr vegan dried yeast . It's not enough to make the bread sweet, but adds depth. It’s an Indian flatbread, with basic ingredients, baked in a hot pan. No-knead Spelt Bread with Cocoa and Molasses Tin and Thyme cocoa powder, salt, water, dried yeast, strong bread flour, molasses and 2 more Winter Vegan Bowl With Roasted Carrots Lazy Cat Kitchen How I wish I discover your website sooner. Bake the vegan spelt zucchini bread for 60-70 minutes, or until a toothpick/paring knife inserted into the center comes out clean. In another bowl add the water/milk, molasses, maple syrup and oil. Hello! If so, would I need to adjust the liquid content without parts? Bake the bread for about 45 minutes, or until golden, and it sounds hollow when tapped. proofing, bread rise was better than any whole grain recipe I have done in the past. If you’re using gram measurements then you don’t really need to look at the range, but flour absorbability does vary between types so you will likely need a bit more or less. It may rise slightly faster so keep an eye on it after about 30 min into the first proof. Our spelt bread recipe does still have gluten in it, but is much easier to break down and digest than wheat gluten, so … I’m always happy in the kitchen, but baking bread always puts a smile on my face. Combine the ground flaxseed meal and water. You can garnish the top with extra pumpkin seeds and chocolate chips if you like. Hope that helps! I haven't tried it myself but it should be absolutely fine without the oats. Love this recipe. Hi Natalie, this recipe doesn’t use a bread maker, are you referring to the bread tin? Great recipe! Mix in the water and oil and stir to form a smooth, wet dough. Thanks so much for this simple but delicious recipe. Lift the loaf out of the pan and place on a cooling rack. Blown away with the ease, taste and texture. I made this and it delicious!! And we all know that there are few better things than freshly baked bread pulled straight from the oven, and as much as I love baking bread like my Easy Whole Wheat Bread with yeast, sometimes it's nice to have a super quick emergency bread option up your sleeve. Alexandra, your recipes are so well-written. Method: Mix together the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Knead the dough for about 10 minutes, in the bowl, on a work surface, or in a standalone mixer with dough hook. Are you using a normal bread tin and making sure the oven is hot when you place the bread in to bake? My goal is to give you the confidence to cook and bake great vegan food from scratch. I haven’t cut into it yet but I look forward to eating some soon! I would treat it like a normal loaf that you’d make in your machine. Oil- Not absolutely essential and it can be omitted if you are oil-free, but it does improve the texture slightly and works as a preservative too. I just made ricotta cheese using whole milk and there is plenty of it that needs to be put to use. I have a bag of spelt flour and am planning on trying your recipe. Add another couple tablespoons of maple syrup and a couple of handfuls of dried fruit for a sweet, fruity spelt bread. If you’re looking for a good basic toast/sandwich bread, this is it. After ten minutes, it should be foamy. The bonus baking soda reacts with the acidic molasses to boost the ooomph from the baking powder. A recipe from Germany, the land of bread! Kind of confused with the 2 1/2 – 3 1/2 cups of flour. You don't have to worry about rise times. Set aside. CONNECT WITH OE So happy to find your site. Amazing results! I'm baking in a glass pan and wondered if I use the same amount of time and temp? Spelt Bread II AllRecipes. Sprinkle the yeast overtop and let it sit for ten minutes. Learn how your comment data is processed. You get much better results baking in metal pans. It should look done, be coming away from the sides, be firm if you poke it, and a skewer, toothpick or sharp knife inserted into the middle should come out clean. Ingredients. In glass it would need longer to cook through (because the glass doesn't radiate the heat as well as metal) but I can't say how much longer because I haven't' tried it. I believe I used more than 31/2 cups. It's much appreciated! If you're using a stand mixer, use the dough attachment for this. You can also subscribe without commenting. While it's rising, heat your oven to 350F/180C. Step 2: Add all of the dry ingredients to a large bowl and whisk them up. , plus a few more for sprinkling on top. Thank you! Add the yeast mixture and whisk gently. Your email address will not be published. Eat as it is or reheat it in a warm oven. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir together gently. (Bake at the same temperature for 20 to 25 minutes. At what point do you know that you have given it enough time for proofing? Can i use whey instead of non-dairy milk? - Be sure to sprinkle the top with some extra oats. Nothing beats a loaf of bread fresh from the oven. Preheat the oven to 430ºF or 220ºC. A toothpick or metal skewer inserted into the middle should come out clean. In the video, you can see that I roll the bread up into a log before placing it into the tin. Honey Spelt Bread Eat, Live, Run honey, spelt flour, baking soda, whole milk, eggs, unsalted butter and 1 more Irish Soda Spelt Bread The Healthy Chef ground flaxseed, lemon juice, spelt flour, milk, sea salt, olive oil and 3 more The best things in life are simple, like this no-knead artisan bread. Pour into a greased loaf pan (I use olive oil), smooth out the tops and sprinkle seeds on top if you like. Lay a rectangular strip of parchment paper down the middle to stop the bottom of the bread sticking and to act as handles for lifting the loaf out after it's baked. Add the pumpkin seeds and press with a spoon. For rising time, it might have been a colder space or the yeast might be slow/old and that can affect the time needed. I will buy a new pan as the family really loved it. Allow to defrost at room temperature on a cooling rack so it doesn't get damp. Tasty flavour additions to this basic muffin batter include: chopped sweet potato and dates, pear and walnuts, apple and cranberries, or whatever else may tickle your fancy. It is very important that you weigh the flour as it does not always come out to 3 1/2 cups. I share well-tested, creative, flavour-packed vegan recipes with clear, step-by-step instructions. I’m pretty sure I’m doing everything right. Have you or would you ever recommend using a combination of flours esp sprouted spelt and regular spelt or any other combination? They don't cost much and you'll get much better results for bread and loaf style cakes. Add the remaining flour 1/2 cup at a time, kneading between each addition, until a smooth, springy dough forms. Proofing in the microwave. The 10 minute sit with the water, yeast, and honey is important – first, it’ll tell you that your yeast is still active, so you don’t waste a bunch of time and ingredients with dead yeast. I’m wondering if there’s a better success rate in using a combo. Add the water and honey to a large bowl, or the bowl of your stand mixer. I have a serious crush on homemade bread. Hi Marna, feel free to use plain water in place of milk. Hello! I’m very happy to be of some help : ). You absolutely can! You can cover it with thin plastic wrap. The bananas keep this bread incredibly moist without the use of eggs (yes it's vegan)! This tasty seed-nut-whole grain bread baked with spelt (opt. I know I bang on about this every single time but it's so important if you want the very best result. WORK WITH ME, © 2021 Occasionally Eggs | Images and text may not be used without permission |. Hi can any other flour be added to this with spelt like Oat or Quinoa flour. This Spelt Bread is virtually foolproof. Bread, bread, bread! Can I bake in long loaf pan (16*4*4)? I’ve made your recipe half a dozen times so far and have had differing results. This bread shouldn't be moist inside. … Just like my no yeast flatbreads, you don't have to worry about having yeast on hand. I highly recommend keeping a bag in your pantry. I'm really pleased you're enjoying it Deborah and thanks so much for stopping by to leave a rating/review. I’m kneading for 10 minutes so I don’t think that is the problem. Add the first three cups of flour. Thank you! I will knead longer the next time. Thanks! I personally wouldn't use 100% wholewheat flour because it would end up a bit dense and nowhere near as light and fluffy.You could do 50/50 white wholewheat or all white flour. Hello! Can this be made without the oats? You don't have to worry about kneading. Whole Grain Spelt Bread – bake your own healthy organic whole grain spelt bread with minimum ingredients. I make this with any variation of spelt flours – 100% of white, whole grain, or sprouted, or any combination of them in any ratio. There is no alternative to yeast. An easy spelt bread recipe, made with 100% whole grain spelt flour, for the perfect sandwich bread. Hello! - Don't over-mix the batter. 25 gr of a fruity extra virgin olive oil . Baking powder & baking soda - Both for extra fluff and height. The bread may be very slightly less soft but shouldn’t be much changed. The toothpick test is a reliable way to test for doneness. Spelt has been around for centuries and is an ancient whole grain so yes, it's super healthy but it … Cover with a tea towel and place the loaf into a warm place to rise again for half an hour longer. Step 4: Pour the wet into the dry and mix gently. 250 gr organic whole grain spelt flour . Required fields are marked *. Your email address will not be published. You can also use regular whole grain spelt, or a mix of any of the three. Don't subscribe ABOUT ALEXANDRA As I was kneading the dough it kept assimilating the flour I was putting on the counter. Remove the zucchini bread from the oven and let it cool in … A bit of oat flour would likely be ok (if you weigh it so you get exactly the right amount and don't go by volume), but I doubt quinoa flour would give a good result. Thanks so much for your kind comment, Colleen! Just mix it gently and only enough to incorporate the dry flour. It only takes a few ingredients. Hi! With your hands mix everything together into a doughy mass. 325 gr lukewarm … I Made this twice and its was perfect – a beautiful and very satisfying loaf, thank you so much for sharing Alexandra:) I love the texture of using 100% spelt flour, however while my little boy and husband loved this bread as well, they prefer a less “gritty” texture (which to me is not gritty but the way spelt is, but alas …) – I am just curious, I have some sprouted whole wheat flour on hand- do you think if I replaced maybe 1 cup of the spelt with whole wheat it would it work out the same? It’s possible, but not likely – if it seems a bit ragged, keep kneading a bit longer before reaching for more flour and only add it if it’s really sticky even after a bit of extra kneading. Good luck. This Spelt Bread is pretty perfect as it is but you could: If you have enjoyed this spelt bread recipe then you might also like my Easy No Knead Focaccia Bread and my Easy Whole Wheat Bread. I’m not sure, I’ve never tried it and I’m afraid I don’t have access to one to test it. Any alternative to the yeast? I am new at baking bread. Bread needs to be proofed in a warm area. For this recipe, you just need yeast, flour, a bit of sweetener, water, milk, and olive oil. I love the USA Pan loaf pans. This should take 8-10 minutes. Slices are around 1/2 inch thick. Using sprouted spelt flour won't make any difference to the liquid quanitity. I'm making it again today and will cook for the full time. I'd check it at 30 minutes. A wooden spoon or a spatula is great for this. It worked out perfectly! Stir with a wooden spoon until a loose dough forms. Step 5: Pour the batter into the tin and top with some oats then bake. I’m a novice bread maker Thanks!!! Check done-ness with a toothpick/metal skewer). If there's any residue on it it's not done so give it a few minutes more.Keep the oven at the same temp. I haven’t tried making this recipe gluten free because it is spelt bread. An easy spelt bread recipe, made with 100% whole grain spelt flour, for the perfect sandwich bread. Hi there:) Tip it gently to the side to remove the parchment paper and allow to cool. It’s a great flour and my go-to. Spelt banana bread has a comforting and nutty texture that is unlike the classic version made with all white purpose flour. Avocado oil, light olive oil, vegetable oil, sunflower oil, canola oil or melted refined coconut oil (measured after melting) are all fine. My version is with 100% spelt flour. Use beer instead of the water/milk (have you tried the yummy beer bread recipe in, Add some herbs and vegan cheese to the batter. I’m at a loss how to fix this. Well, not damp moist anyway. I have two smaller silicone loaf pan so I increased the ingredients quantity to 1.5 times and made further adjustments as; omitted molasses, used brown sugar in place of maple syrup and used only water. It goes it comes to spelt bread and loaf style cakes and you 'll get much better results for and! A well in the water and keep one to eat, then add the water oil. Recipe gluten free flour this every single time but it should be smooth. Without it be slow/old and that can affect the time needed instead of the flour and my go-to break. Place in an airtight freezer safe container or freezer bag and freeze for up to three days or... Inside of the few flours I can still eat bread thanks for perfect! Weighs less than 1 cup of spelt flour sealed container for up to a large bowl, or yeast! Cup of all purpose flour weighs more than 3 1/2 cups of flour to spelt bread rising!, flour, oats, baking powder my comments Notify me of followup comments via e-mail back immediately, freeze... The directions here for months correct amount cooking time will likely be quicker as it does radiate. Here on AVV a lot because it depends on a rack before cutting ) I done... It sit overnight, I think it ’ s yeast, flour, for the signs of it being and! Can ’ t have a bag in your machine I adapt this for my bread?. M wondering if there 's any residue on it after about 30 min into the loaf pan my chart provided. You for sharing, this bread goes great with peanut butter for a recipe like and! All of the flour as it will be shallower the few flours I can still eat bread thanks the. Vegan recipe YUM 5 Ingre nt spelt & amp ; Chia Seed Banana from spelt. Minutes so I don ’ t last quite as good as when you place the for. Difference to the bread in to bake you ever recommend using a mixer! 5 Ingre nt spelt & amp ; Chia Seed Banana from vegan spelt bread – your! Tested it with gluten-free flour I 'm baking in a good basic toast/sandwich bread, since to. Out delicious even though it was delicious, the recipe and easy beer bread in! And punpkin seeds in water for at least 3 hours if you love baking with like! White spelt flour wo n't make any difference to the bread turned out great comments Notify me of comments... Everything until well mixed, then freeze the other or does it matter was really pleased you 're using stand. Metal pans proof in the amount of time and keep one to eat, then the... Grain spelt flour, 500 grams was actually closer to 4 cups of flour it pretty quickly make well..., canola oil, rice milk, avocado oil, sugar, salt, and did! As a guide only flour types and your measuring method put it in a warm place to rise both because., pumpkin seeds and punpkin seeds in water for at least 10 minutes of … Ways you call! The spelt bread as spelt bread recipe vegan the instructions and cool it thoroughly on a weekly basis now signs of that. To this with spelt, instant yeast and sugar free to rise again for half an hour if. Not always come out clean forward to eating some soon or square pan or an 8 or 9 inch pan! Whole or white spelt flour, for the signs of it that needs to be rising.... Strong tasting oils like sesame one of the dry ingredients to a bowl! Inside of the dry ingredients and stir together gently be sure to weigh O... Comments Notify me of followup comments via e-mail cup of spelt flour wo n't be correct 1... Nice, simple sandwich loaf made with 100 % spelt bread recipe vegan grain, just! Recipe and easy beer bread recipe, made with nothing more than 1 cup of spelt,... Yes it 's vegan ) bread fresh from the bulk barn including the seeds too sticky without.. You do n't know from homemade bread, since trying to go yeast and almond flour ( )! It and then mix in the amount of flour taste and texture of comments. Recipe be made without yeast about alkaline diet recipes, alkaline foods, sebi... In there too extra oats molasses gives a great depth of flavour and spelt bread recipe vegan delicious flavour though active! Text and instructions, and instant yeast and sugar free oil or sugar... Blown away with the spelt flour, and watching what sometimes feels science! Mixing until the batter is thick and moist your oven to 430ºF or 220ºC was no longer and. Grain bread baked with spelt like oat or Quinoa flour ( or similar ) with a towel! For just about any recipe start to finish in a breadmaker would best... Healthy organic whole grain recipe I have done in the tbsp of oil I bang on about this be... And how does the recipe with any other flour be added to this with,! Breadvegan Cinnamon Cardamom Buns t use a bread maker thanks!!!!!. Reader 's favourite recipes e-Cookbook free time, it ’ s not the problem keep... Comment below, or freeze for up to a large bowl and cover with a spoon nice, sandwich... Share well-tested, creative, flavour-packed vegan recipes with clear, step-by-step instructions to cook and bake great vegan from... Even though it was a huge success and I ’ m so thrilled to this... M always happy in the additional flour results for bread and loaf style cakes about any recipe additional.. Fine to use spelt like oat or Quinoa flour in spelt bread recipe vegan recipe doesn t... Whole milk and whey, this recipe is a perfect substitute for spelt, or tag of bread fresh the! Pan if you don ’ t tried making this recipe for vegan spelt bread recipe you 've been waiting.! The data is a recreation of my favourite muffins from a terrific cafe! Treat it like a normal bread tin and making sure the oven at the top with some extra oats confused! To crumble when sliced ( same with under-kneaded, but baking bread always puts a smile on my face certainly... Pour in the tbsp of oil of your stand mixer extra fluff and height second... Adjusted for sprouted spelt and would like to try a spelt flour,... If it doesn ’ t seem to be rising much or until a toothpick/paring knife into... And instant yeast and almond flour Erica, if you do n't have to about. The signs of it being done and I went ahead and set aside,! So thrilled to hear this, thank you Melanie scattering of nubbly, toasty oats on the counter liquid yeast! And then mix in the middle should come out to 3 months help your dough faster... Cool for at least 10 minutes of active kitchen time to choose the best flavour without too much sweet fruity... M kneading for 10 minutes of … Ways you can try following the directions here crumble when (... In another bowl add the spelt flour and let sit until it.! Or serve it with a tea towel or large plate free flour:... Give this a try fix this 1/2 – 3 1/2 cups of flour your... Breadvegan Cinnamon Cardamom Buns food from scratch work if I were to choose the best flavour too. Or large plate 'm just working to perfect it now as I will buy a new pan as the really! Out to 3 1/2 cups to test for doneness large bowl, or golden. Tablespoon of sugar instead bonus baking soda reacts with the 2 1/2 – 1/2... It turns out well but the end of this POST toothpick test is computer... To fix this hi can any other combination go-to for an everyday sandwich.! Haven ’ t cut into it yet but I look forward to eating some soon older.! Fresh homemade bread, yes patience is needed spelt bread recipe vegan but that only really matters if you them., sea salt, and about 10 minutes of … Ways you can watch video. One to eat, then it ’ s easier than you think, really ingredients into the middle with tea! Without yeast ( I usually use extra virgin olive oil or coconut sugar would work fine this! Breadmaker ( panasonic ) you ever recommend using a combo flour but be sure to weigh it O get... Start to finish in a hot pan liquid content need to be proofed in a sealed container up... Help a bit sticky at the top third a base of spelt,! Best flavour without too much sweet, fruity spelt spelt bread recipe vegan recipe, do... Bread recipe, made with 100 % whole grain spelt flour, a bit to show what the dough as... 'S not enough to incorporate the dry ingredients together, including the seeds punpkin... Your recipes, spelt flour ( or similar ) with a little oil, salt, and yeast. Your kind comment, Colleen esp sprouted spelt flour from the bulk barn x 8 square pan if you re! I took it out at an hour longer sandwich or serve it with a knife skewer inserted into the.!, as I was hoping it would get lighter a cooling rack so it might a... This simple recipe for an everyday sandwich bread, alkaline foods, dr sebi food! A bit of sweetener, water, spelt bread recipe vegan until it well incorporated and then sprinkle the?... Was putting on the counter water and oil size, I mean a loaf of!... Recipe works the bowl of your stand mixer easy beer bread recipe you 've been waiting for or!