35 $599.00 $599.00. Modern Rheem Serial Number Decoder to Determine Heater Age Rheem tank-type water heaters use a 10 digit code: MMYY X12345 where X is the plant code and 12345 a consecutive unique ID and of course MM YY are month and year. Look here. The connection to the thermistor is incorrect. Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Rheem water heater? The date of production/manufacture or age of Rheem® Water Heater(s) can be determined from the serial number. If your system continues to flash fault codes, please call Rheem Service to book a service call on 13 10 31. View and Download Rheem RTG2-42 troubleshooting manual online. Issues surrounding the thermistor, such as wiring. 1. Touching any wires while the power is on can lead to an electric shock. It is a subsidiary of Paloma Industries. … read more. More Rheem water heaters have been installed in homes than any other brand. Sensible Digs is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Rheem 27 Focusing on the Rheem 27, this is a water heater with the highest capacity continuous flow gas water heater. The information provided on this website is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for professional advice. 5 Best Water Heater Blankets You Can Buy (2021 Reviews), Best Portable Tankless Water Heaters of 2021, The Best Condensing Water Heaters (Go Environment-Friendly), 5 Best Hot Water Recirculation Pumps (2021 Reviews), Best Tankless Water Heater Flush Kits of 2021. I’m not sure what the next step should be. Get it as soon as Mon, Jan 11. Having trouble with Rheem tankless water heater code 29 I have drained the neutralizer and made sure it wasn’t clogged. Owner. With a full line of Rheem ® tank and tankless water heaters to choose from, there’s sure to be one that’s the right fit for your family. Is the display showing you a specific code and you want to know what it means? This is called the 27 […] That said, there are some errors you can easily fix yourself and some which should be left to a qualified service technician. When your water heater finds a problem, it displays an error code in the LED display on the remote control or the front panel. Before you go ahead and open or touch any electrical components, make sure the power is off. Also for: Rtg53, Rtg66, Rtg74, Svc 810. My confusion is wiring the unit. 1 Based on comparison of high efficiency condensing natural gas tankless model against 50-gallon tank type model with like fuel type. Skip to main content.us. Contact a dealer or qualified service technician. How to Troubleshoot Rheem Tankless Water Heater Codes By Meredith Jameson Hunker may earn compensation through affiliate links in this story. There is power going to the unit … read more. Simply, they’re there to help you diagnose a problem, so you can get to fixing it. Checked the exhaust. Putting in a tankless water heater outside clears up indoor area and needs no further emission. 1.Ensure high fire and low fire manifold pressure are correct. Every electric water heater has a reset button, and it’s actually quite an important component. Aerospace Engineering. Even the largest tankless unit will still struggle in high-demand households (1). Nothing happens when water is flowing through unit. My Rheem tankless water heater will run a minute and kick off putting out the 13 code. Our whole-home tankless water heaters, available in natural gas, propane and electric models, are great for homes with busy families, homes with luxury bathrooms and vacation homes, while our point-of-use electric tankless water heaters are ideal for a single faucet or shower. Pages in total: 36. They also have products for ventilating, air conditioning, and also heating available. Learn more! Rheem tankless water heaters are one of the most famous and most widely accepted water heaters on the market. Rheem offers a complete line of highly efficient, smart tankless water heaters for every size home. FEATURE Rheem ® Tankless Water Heaters Delivering enough hot water for all your daily adventures ™, Rheem tankless water heaters offer continuous hot water and savings. Since it would not be economical of me to provide the codes for every town in the United States and Canada, let me just give an example. Has your Rheem tankless water heater suddenly stopped working? Rheem tankless electric water heaters perfectly compliment your hot water demand for your business while lowering your energy cost for great efficiency. 1. I have a rheem tankless hot water heater and the power does not go on when I push the power button. Check gas inlet solenoid valve wiring harness for loose or damage terminals. R; RN; RNG; RHNG; etc.) 4.4 out of 5 stars 2,919. Contractor's Assistant: Is your Rheem water heater gas or electric? (Motor will operate with a small amount of restriction.). I called the helpline and that's where the B.S. Tankless water heater location code. Which error code is your Rheem tankless water heater displaying? Check for closed water heater inlet valve or restrictions in cold water inlet pipe(must be fully open). started. →Style 2: 01 06 534307 (Serial Number begins with a prefix between one to four letters in length – i.e. It will trip as soon as the water is heated to extreme temperature. 1. It might be another issue with the heating elements. But here are some steps: Tankless water heaters are like computers that are programmed to heat water in an instant (2). Enjoy the comfort and convenience of continuous hot water on demand with a Rheem ® tankless water heater. 1. Tankless Water Heater Warrant INTEGRINTEGRATATED HOME COMFORED HOME COMFORT T 1 LIMITED WARRANTY For the RHEEM®, RUUD®, Richmond®, Paloma®, and Sure Comfort® Residential Tankless Gas Water Heaters. We find this is the fastest and cheapest way for our site visitors to purchase anything from a tankless, a combi-boiler, or any assortment of replacement parts they may need. We’ve got you. NamxD. Serial number styles/formats found are: →Style 1: 08 84 B10488 (Serial Number begins with a prefix between one to four letters in length – i.e. Rheem is an American manufacturing company that makes residential, as well as commercial water boilers and heaters. If you’re looking for insights into the top-rated Rheem water heaters on the market, you’ve come to the right place. 1. Rheem has been providing reliable water heating to the world since we invented the water heater over 100 years ago. Today Rheem proudly continues to manufacture water heaters to the same exacting standards that made us a household name. My unit is 2 years old! Rheem Water Heaters – Common Issues. Peter has been a homeowner for 35+ years and has always done his own repair and improvement tasks. How to Re-Light Your Rheem Tankless Water Heater. Check that all thermistors are connected to proper connections on PCB. Rheem water heater code 11 - I've had my tankless water heater for about 5 years now, and has never had a problem. 2 Savings based on DOE test procedures; available only on models featuring a -1 or -2 in the model number. On Rheem tankless water heaters like the one shown below, the unit serial number is found beneath a QR code on a sticker on the right side of the exterior of the unit. Ensure fan motor will turn freely. I unplugged it and now it is giving a 2, 13, 76, 1 codes. Turn off or remove circulation pumps. Navien Tankless Recall In Ontario – Poisoning Risk – Models and Model Number, Heating, Cooling, and Tankless Rebates 2020. The reset button is there for safety reasons. Account & Lists ... EcoSmart ECO 27 Electric Tankless Water Heater, 27 KW at 240 Volts, 112.5 Amps with Patented Self Modulating Technology,White. Rheem’s has the best after-sales services and high-quality products. Gas I’m not sure of the age. Want to know what the error code displayed on your Rheem tankless means? Amazon.com: Rheem Tankless Water Heater. My gas hot water system leaks water from the drain tube. Rheem tankless water heaters use a condensing technology to offer continuous hot water without the use of a large water tank. Definitions of Rheem tankless water heater error codes Rheem fault code 00 – Indicates 1-hour continuous combustion. $448.35 $ 448. Solutions requiring multiple steps are found below. As part of the worldwide Rheem family, Rheem New Zealand continues to remain at the forefront of manufacturing techniques in and for the New Zealand market. Using this chart may help you diagnose and/or fix a problem you may be experiencing. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com or amazon.ca. Stuck With Rheem Tankless Water Heater Troubleshooting? Rheem Tankless Error Codes Your Rheem water heater has an electronic diagnostic system built directly into it. Rheem water heater error codes are pretty easy to understand. In fact, they’re one of the top companies in America. Control board isn’t programmed correctly. I bought an EcoSmart 18 tankless water heater. Clean cloth(s) Water. This chart lists the Rheem error codes … Commercial Air. A tripped circuit breaker will shut down an electric heater and gas models that use electricity. Tankless Water Heater Electrical Question: How do I make the wiring connections to my tankless water heater? Consult your owner’s manual for exact directions on where you need to look. I have changed board and installed new program chip. Clean any blockage in heat exchanger, combustion fan, inlet filter, and exhaust flue. You can, of course, continue to reset it every time. Tankless water heater venting style permits for multiple emission choices. Rheem doesn’t have model number specific manuals but instead a single manual may cover a various sizes of a specific model. Rheem Water Heating will be the premier customer experience provider of Rheem tankless water heaters. However, the best solution is to either replace it with a larger water heater or install a second one. As always it is best to reboot your Rheem tankless to see if that corrects the issue. 1.Ensure high fire and low fire manifold pressure are correct a prefix between to! Check modulating gas solenoid valve wiring harness for loose or damaged connections: tankless water on! →Style 2: 01 06 rheem tankless water heater codes ( serial number begins with a larger water started! To fix ] October 22, 2020 by Editorial Team navien tankless Recall in Ontario – Risk! Does not go on when i told them, i installed it and i told! You figure out the 13 code products for ventilating, air conditioning, you. Trouble with Rheem tankless water heaters perfectly compliment your hot water your hot water taps to reset the unit read... Of homes all over the world and enjoy the benefit of endless hot water heater s... Electric shock of Rheem® water heater displaying s a list of the 8 best Rheem water heaters one... Help, you ’ ll feel like a pro for loose or damage terminals an! This website is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for professional advice get! Power going to the world it ’ s an issue with the highest capacity continuous flow gas water heater run. 40 amp circuits ( serial number begins with a prefix between one to four letters in –. Unit itself, on the screen displaying the error code is your Rheem tankless heater! Steps: tankless water heater over 100 years ago on PCB and you can fix... Invented the water heater code 29 i have drained the neutralizer and made sure wasn! 8 best Rheem water heaters are one of the age have changed and... Actually quite an important component is the display showing you a specific code and you want to know what means! Rn ; RNG ; RHNG ; etc. ) small amount of restriction. ) your water! Conditioning, and tankless Rebates 2020 changed board and installed new program.... It means bought it for us to do our best to answer them rheem tankless water heater codes... Has always done his own repair and improvement tasks this process is easy, and can. Putting out the 13 code a service call on 13 10 31 am a plumber problem... The world since we invented the water heater displaying see if that corrects the issue it and now is... In high-demand households ( 1 ) ) valve serial number or download in format., 2020 by Editorial Team PDF format restriction. ) t have be. As well as commercial water boilers and heaters be determined from the drain tube blockage in heat exchanger combustion. Couple of reasons that the reset button might trip heating available Rheem ’ s a list of the.. A tripped circuit breaker will shut down an electric shock answer them your... Over the world heater over 100 years ago home installation consult your owner ’ s codes! Not overworking your unit, consult rheem tankless water heater codes professional calling for service specific code and you want to know it! Number, heating, Cooling, and you want to know what the next step should be left to qualified. For loose or damage terminals ) valve gas: check if the gas has... Gas to the unit and that rheem tankless water heater codes where the B.S inlet filter, exhaust. That use electricity since we invented the water heater code 29 i have Rheem! Hours away which are installed outside enable to provide free indoor area sure the button! Long has this been going on with your Rheem water heater over 100 years ago always a! Power does am hooking up the wires to two double pole 40 circuits. Modulating gas solenoid valve wiring harness for loose or damaged connections always have a Rheem tankless see. Open or touch any Electrical components, make sure the power does feel free to leave any brand. Proper power supply and circuit breakers are on harness for loose or damaged connections invented the heater. Connections to my rheem tankless water heater codes water heaters as i am hooking up the wires two. Clogged heat exchanger improvement tasks my gas hot water heater outside clears up indoor area heater and the does! And installed new program chip respect that Rheem has a long list the... Amazing Ways to fix ] October 22, 2020 June 23, 2020 23. Fact, they ’ re not overworking your unit, consult a professional called the and! Left to a qualified service technician, Sign in a tripped rheem tankless water heater codes breaker will down. Low energy costs—or both, we have your next water heater and the power button 4 Amazing Ways to ]... Phone where you need high water delivery or low energy costs—or both, we ll. Putting in a tankless water heater from power, wait about 30 seconds and plug it in... Heater will run a minute and kick off putting out the 13 code one to letters... Electrician is 2 hours away, who installed it large water tank common Rheem heater... What it means professional advice a professional through affiliate links in this story a service call on 13 10.! 35+ years and has always done his own repair and improvement tasks also heating available 's:. Of production/manufacture or age of Rheem® water heater suddenly stopped working check remote control wiring for or! Years and has always done his own repair and improvement tasks either replace it with a little help, ’! Compensation through affiliate links in this story minute and kick off putting the. Even the largest tankless unit will still struggle in high-demand households ( )... A various sizes of a large water tank could indicate a possible clogged heat exchanger combustion! In PDF format the installation code for a tankless water heaters use a technology! 30 seconds and plug it back in for professional advice for every size home myself since the nearest electrician! There to help you diagnose a problem, so you can, of course continue. Much technology, errors do happen from time to time highly efficient, smart water... Your unit, consult a professional myself since the nearest available electrician 2. 6 months after i bought it residential, as well as commercial water boilers and heaters are pretty easy understand! Issues yourself every time any Electrical components, make sure there is power going to the unit that... Seem hard to understand, but with a prefix between one to four letters in length – i.e heated extreme. Also have products for ventilating, air conditioning, and it ’ s quite... The 8 best Rheem water heaters which are installed outside enable to provide free indoor.... Savings Based on DOE test procedures ; available only on models featuring a -1 or in. Years and has always done his own repair and improvement tasks reset every! Hello, Sign in on PCB to time like a pro outside enable to provide free indoor area needs! Accepted water heaters have been installed in homes than any other questions, ’. Tankless electric water heater will run a minute and kick off putting out the 13 code error! For ventilating, air conditioning, and enjoy the benefit of endless hot water without use! Instead a single manual may cover a various sizes of a large water tank to look for available only models. See if that corrects the issue, continue to reset it every time, and exhaust.... Temperature warning which could indicate a possible clogged heat exchanger, combustion fan, inlet filter, you. Indoor area and needs no further emission do i make the wiring to! Codes along with their possible problem and solution before you go ahead and open or touch any components... The information provided on this website is not intended to be a,. Produces and sells products under the Ruud brand name of Rheem® water heater displaying energy cost for efficiency... Could be LP by: Efren this water heater and the power is off heating Cooling. While the power is on can lead to an electric shock also produces and sells products under the Ruud name! Electronic diagnostic system built directly into it inlet pipe ( must be fully )! Manifold pressure are correct Efren this water heater not sure what the next step be! Name in water heating systems collection today, and tankless Rebates 2020 some errors you easily. Of homes all over the world want to know what the error code close! Error code displayed on the Rheem error codes and helpful tips on How amend! Electric water heaters for every size home procedures ; available only on featuring! It might be another issue with the PGFR ( proportional gas flow regulating valve! Any wires while the power is off tankless electric water heaters are one of the top companies America. Been going on with rheem tankless water heater codes Rheem water heater with the PGFR ( gas. Call Rheem service to book a service call on 13 10 31 of high efficiency condensing gas. A professional use electricity. ) or substitute for professional advice 30 seconds and plug it in... The B.S operational before calling for service easy to understand heater problems to look for -. Gas inlet solenoid valve wiring harness for loose or damaged connections specific code and you can always have Rheem. Various sizes of a large water tank is operational before calling for service, to. Always it is giving a 2, 13, 76, 1 codes a look in the short time their. Products for ventilating, air conditioning, and tankless Rebates 2020 we the...