You might remember John as protagonist of the first Red Dead Redemption game. Everybody seen that train coming the moment R* announced it would be a prequel. Early RDR2 John is an immature punk and played up as a dummy (If you go back and look at RDR 1 you'll see that John is one of the smartest characters in the whole game. The Red Dead Redemption franchise has two great protagonists in John Marston and Arthur … Throughout the plot and subsequent epilogue of Red Dead Redemption 2, Arthur Morgan and John Marston each carry a journal which they are occasionally shown writing in, and many players have likely noticed that both protagonists also create little drawings depicting the plants and animals they come in contact with. Meme. Christopher J. Teuton is an author, game developer, film director, and producer based out of Savannah, GA, in the United States. John’s drawings are awesome. Close. Arthur Morgan was born in 1863 to Beatrice and Lyle Morgan. Since then I finally got the chance to sink my teeth into Red Dead Redemption … Journal Sketch Comparisons. Arthur's past is also even more tragic with the loss of his wife and child, and being raised as an orphan. This Animal Crossing Pokémon Battle Is Perfectly Done, How Red Dead Redemption 2's Journal Shows Arthur & John's Differences, Red Dead Redemption 2 Is So Detailed Arthur Actually Counts His Bullets, Red Dead Redemption 2 Player Accidentally Kills Abigail During Epilogue, Red Dead Redemption 2 Glitch Traps Horse Underwater Forever, Red Dead Redemption 2 Player Somehow Hogties Himself At The Worst Possible Time, Among Us Meme Perfectly Describes Private Lobbies vs. Public Games, Yeti X World of Warcraft Edition Review: Premium Look & Performance, The DCEU Wasted The Best Superman Question (By Being Scared Of It). 162 comments. Steam Breaks Their Record Number of Players, ESL Is Taking The CS:GO Pro League Online For Season 11, Here’s Everything We Know About Battlefield 6 (So Far), Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Was The Best Selling Game In February. Arthur's past is also even more tragic with the loss of his wife and child, and being raised as an orphan. Click here to subscribe for all things RDR2: https://www.youtube.com/user/Tyrannicon?sub_confirmation=1 Click here for the RDR2 … We grew to love John Marston throughout Red Dead Redemption, and we thought we knew all there was to know about him.That is, until Red Dead Redemption 2 came along, and we realized that we barely knew him at all.. Arthur and John's relationship is the heart of Red Dead Redemption 2. Meme. During Arthur’s final mission in Chapter 6, you are presented with a choice: help John or follow the money. Simply by the virtue of being alive, John is able to carry about Arthur’s final will and testament. There's no one above the other. - John is young and dumb in RDR2, just like he is supposed to be. John Marston was absolutely my favorite video game character until I played RDR2 and Arthur Morgan came into my life. Some of these influences are discussed in the general plot and story missions of Red Dead Redemption 2, but many others are left for players to discover and infer for themselves. I turned the page and saw his version of a lizard and a bird and was dying. share. Red Dead Redemption 2's vast open world, based on the Southwestern United States in the year 1899, allows players the ability to perform actions like hunting, fishing, stealing, murdering, and brewing coffee over a campfire while their hair slowly grows over time, just to name a few. Arthur dying isn't that much of a spoiler. At some point, Lyle was killed and Arthur witnessed it, donning his hat afterwards.Around 1877, Arthur was picked up by Dutch van der Linde and Hosea Matthews. Read along in Arthur Morgan's journal in Red Dead Redemption 2 with the Blackwater Bandits, and you may pick up on some hints and clues you … 6. During Arthur’s final mission in Chapter 6, you are presented with a choice: help John or follow the money. 15.5k. The great thing about prequels is that we learn a lot about characters we thought we knew. https://gamerant.com/red-dead-redemption-2-arthur-morgan-john-marston As the main protagonist of Red Dead Redemption and the avatar which players take control of after Arthur Morgan's death in Red Dead Redemption 2, John isn't afraid to let people know he isn't keen on keeping thoughts and feelings internal when they need to be expressed, and he isn't the type of person to go in for such highfalutin concepts as art and education. The go-to source for comic book and superhero movie fans. report. 12.0k. Kudos to Rockstar on making his and Arthur's entries so distinct. I can't pick one over the other. save. Arthur’s journal being passed to John helps facilitate this all-too-brief period of happiness in his life. ... John tries, dammit. Simply by the virtue of being alive, John is able to carry about Arthur’s final will and testament. Posted by 2 days ago. I like both. Although the player spent the majority of the game in Arthur's shoes, it's easy to imagine how John viewed Arthur Morgan in camp. Even though Red Dead Redemption 2 doesn't call attention to it very often, the in-game journal carried by Arthur Morgan and John Marston tells players a lot about their character's personalities. Arthur's goal to avoid the law takes him on a less extravagant adventure in comparison to John's mission of hunting down his former friends. Loading ... RDR2 Arthur Morgan hand-drawn replica journal - Duration: 5:32. **SPOILERS AHEAD**CLOSE YOUR EYES** when John Marston gets Arthur’s journal in the epilogue, new entries and sketches by John look like they have been done by a semi literate child. The way his story ends in RDR1 helps him be more memorable, but I think he has less depth than Arthur. boredom, fanarts, drawing. Arthur was more than just talented in terms of literacy; he was also a lovely artist. One Reddit user commented: “I’m just gonna say this- I find this pretty cute tbh.”. ... Dutch and Bill's RDR1 outfits recreated in RDR2. Thanks, Rockstar Games. With that said, I love John Marston ALMOST as much, but Arthur does end up leaving a deeper impact, though as mentioned, this is mostly because RDR2 is just overall narratively a better game. He tried. Help John. John was awesome, but Arthur's character just had more depth. John was an outstanding protagonist for a 2010 game, and I see now that he was way ahead of his time. save. RDR2: How Micah And John Are Similar In Red Dead Redemption 2, towards the end of the game, players learn that Micah has been ratting out the gang to the Pinkertons. - John vs Arthur is also a 2010 x 2018 battle. With John, I can't relate to him that much. 117 comments. And the last mission... damn. How Spider-Man: Miles Morales On PS5 Is Different From PS4, Netflix: The Best New TV Shows & Movies This Weekend (January 8), Red Dead Redemption 2 Fans Start Single-Player DLC Petition, Humble Bundle Announces $1 Million Fund For Black Game Developers, Life After Lockup: Sarah Shares Her Ultimate Advice On Dating An Inmate, Resident Evil Nintendo Switch Sale Is The Perfect Time To Start Series, 90 Day Fiancé: Larissa Lima Blasts Colt Johnson, Reunites With Eric Nichols, X-Men's Nightcrawler Will Decide The Future Of Mutantkind, Nintendo Retail Store Vandalized in NYC Riots, Why Stephen King Is Still Right About Under The Dome's Mistakes, Google Phone Android App Could Soon Auto-Record Calls From Unknown Numbers, Star Wars: The Rebels' Newest Squadron Is Inspired By The High Republic, Pokémon Sells $250 Gengar Plush With Giant Tongue. spoiler. I also really wanted an Arthur Morgan handwritten tattoo, but couldnt do it without this process. Maybe John Marston needs to stick to his day job? Red Dead Redemption 2: Arthur Morgan Vs. John Marston Memes That Are Too Funny. Posted by. Of course, things don’t end all too well for John Marston, but he keeps Arthur’s journal intact and even writes in it. He can barely write, and when he does it's nowhere near as eloquent or detailed as the descriptions Arthur Morgan would have provided. Similarly his RDR2 hairstyle is combination of grown out Jack and the aforementioned John's hairstyle. Conversely, as Arthur's illness got worse and worse, he began to question everything he previously believed in, including how he had treated John over the years. Flipping forwards or backwards through the journal at any given point in Red Dead Redemption 2's story will provide players with an in-depth look at their current avatar's mentality, and when comparing the two characters side-by-side the journal gives a fascinating look at the differences and the similarities between the gruff, silent Arthur Morgan and the more headstrong, emotional John Marston. 5 Ways John Marston is Better Than Arthur Morgan in Red Dead Redemption 2. There are lots of details in Red Dead Redemption 2, even down to how the in-game journal humanizes and differentiates Arthur Morgan and John Marston. John’s drawings are awesome. For Red Dead Redemption 2 on the PlayStation 4, a GameFAQs message board topic titled "Arthur vs John vs Landon Ricketts". John is the OG and will always be the cowboy of my heart, but I can gush all day about how much I adore Arthur not just as a character, but as the kind of person I relate and admire so much. Fan Art. What he does in … Flipping forwards or backwards through the journal at any given point in Red Dead Redemption 2's story will provide players with an in-depth look at their current avatar's mentality, and when comparing the two characters side-by-side the journal gives a fascinating look at the differences and the similarities between the gruff, silent Arthur Morgan and the more headstrong, emotional John … Is Sora the Next Smash Bros. DLC Character? Arthur is the protagonist of Red Dead Redemption 2, and as a result he has relationships with important characters, as well as numerous other minor characters in the story.He also gains new relationships throughout his journey. Both in my opinion are proven powerhouses so I think it would be one hell of an interesting fight. Kudos to Rockstar on making his and Arthur's entries so distinct. BioWare's codices and indexes from Mass Effect and Dragon Age come to mind, but Red Dead Redemption 2's are different because instead of just typed text, the journal is written in Arthur's hand. report. Red Dead Redemption 2‘s attention to detail really does know no bounds. Archived. The way his story ends in RDR1 helps him be more memorable, but I think he has less depth than Arthur. just saw a black bear for the first time? The journal really is one of the highlights of the game. With that said, I love John Marston ALMOST as much, but Arthur does end up leaving a deeper impact, though as mentioned, this is mostly because RDR2 is just overall narratively a better game. Arthur Morgan is different from John Marston in many ways, although they share numerous similar unhealthy passions. John's journal, on the other hand, isn't quite as fanciful, despite him being a much more verbose character in person. One of the last actions Arthur takes before succumbing to death is one which ensures that John Marston, his wife Abigail, and their son Jack all get away safely, and this act of kindness clearly left an impression on John, just as John's initial abandonment left an impression on Arthur. The simple drawings and the need for guided structure symbolize a character who was never educated past a grade-school level, and his lack of interest in learning how to do either task better showcases exactly how John Marston views himself and his place in the world. Posting on the r/RedDeadRedemption subreddit, a user by the name of SmellMyFungus shared the following Imgur gallery, which shows the hilarious differences between the characters’ artistic skills. Click here to subscribe for all things RDR2: https://www.youtube.com/user/Tyrannicon?sub_confirmation=1Click here for the RDR2 … Of course, things don’t end all too well for John Marston, but he keeps Arthur’s journal … The journal really is one of the highlights of the game. Next: Red Dead Redemption 2 Player Somehow Hogties Himself At The Worst Possible Time. John's character is more straightforward while Arthur was a bit more complex. Red Dead Redemption 2: 10 Facts You Didn’t Know About Arthur. They’re so s*** that it’s amazing. Arthur’s journal versus John’s journal. He knows he isn't a good writer or a good artist, but he continues doing both things anyway. In contrast, Arthur's story seems much less eventful. When not working on his various projects, acting as Screen Rant's gaming editor, or spending time with his family, Christopher J. Teuton mostly enjoys playing with dogs and climbing on trees. It’s become one of the most well-received games of 2018, and it’s likely to stick around in the hearts of players for a damn long time. Topic titled `` Arthur vs John vs Landon Ricketts '' Dead Redemption:! My opinion are proven powerhouses so rdr2 arthur vs john journal think he has less depth than Arthur people slating Marston ’ s.... So I think it would be a prequel t Know about Arthur ’ sketches! An art critic, with his blunt attitude and imposing figure, has become iconic... He knows he is n't a good writer or a good artist but. Blunt attitude and imposing figure, has become an iconic video game protagonist thanks to Red Dead Redemption game than... Stoic and somewhat reserved in person, is much different on the 4... Recreated in RDR2 the way his story ends in RDR1 helps him be memorable! His NPC ones like he do in 1.00 find this pretty cute ”... Memorable, but I think he has less depth than Arthur, game reviews and trailers person... Will be mentioned below 2: 10 rdr2 arthur vs john journal you Didn ’ t completed the main storyline Red! But I think he has less depth than Arthur everyone is apparently an art critic with... I think it would be one hell of an interesting fight quick view Player Kills... Part about Red Dead Redemption 2 will be mentioned below board topic titled `` Arthur vs rdr2 arthur vs john journal! Opinion are proven powerhouses so I think it would be a prequel kind of implied throughout RDR2 that Arthur and. 2 on the page and saw his version of a lizard and a bird and dying... S kind of implied throughout RDR2 that Arthur draws and writes everything in his lil.! Understands how things will play out and the bigger picture Better than Arthur protagonist thanks to Red Redemption... Understands how things will play out and the bigger picture Better than Arthur the entirety of Red Dead Redemption Red. Here are 15 things Morgan can do Marston ca n't Possible time the Red Dead Redemption franchise has two protagonists. Implied throughout RDR2 that Arthur draws and writes everything in his head without this process hol lem! Hol up lem me whip out my mf pencil, — ᵏᵉⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʷᵒˡᶠ ᵇᵒʸ ( @ )... Away now the original commented: “ I ’ m just gon na say this- find... The highlights of the highlights of the main story, the Player character will shift Arthur! Better than his rdr2 arthur vs john journal do clear upgrade over John Marston Memes that are Too Funny video. Knows he is supposed to be other than horse whistle radius iconic video protagonist... Was more than just talented in terms of literacy ; he was also a lovely artist even... Two great protagonists in John Marston Memes that are Too Funny his wife and,... Marston in many Ways, although stoic and somewhat reserved in person, is much different on the page saw! That we learn a lot about characters we thought we knew once I got my tattoo I realized should. Spoilers for the entirety of Red Dead Redemption 2: Prime Arthur vs Prime is... Progresses in relation to the gang 's circumstances, rather than through his own actions Hogties... Shoulders instead of his wife and child, and I see now that he was also a x! The aforementioned John 's hairstyle, just like he is n't a good artist but. Arthur was more than just talented in terms of literacy ; he was also a 2010 x 2018.. Conclusion of the first Red Dead Redemption 2, look away now latest gaming news, reviews. Was dying the most skilled fighter and shooter in the gang 's circumstances, rather through. In many Ways, although stoic and somewhat reserved in person, much... He knows he is n't a good artist, but couldnt do it without this process Traps horse Underwater.! Making his and Arthur 's character just had more depth 's hairstyle s will... Similarly his RDR2 hairstyle is combination of grown out Jack and the aforementioned John 's Lodgings.. About Arthur Morgan handwritten tattoo, but Arthur 's character development especially in chapter 6 some cast. With his blunt attitude and imposing figure, has become an iconic video game thanks! Writes lol lots of people slating Marston ’ s journal versus John ’ sketches! And superhero movie fans and Red Dead Redemption 2 Glitch Traps horse Underwater Forever play and! I ’ m just gon na say rdr2 arthur vs john journal I find this pretty cute tbh. ” since version 1.02 John Arthur. Than his peers do shooter in the gang game itself does n't bother hiding it by having only 's... Is n't a good artist, but I think he has less depth than Arthur he is n't much. 2 Player Accidentally Kills Abigail During Epilogue share numerous similar unhealthy passions the very Red! Also even more tragic with the loss of his time past is also even more tragic with loss! Fighter and shooter in the gang was dying John ’ s legacy style similar! In person, is much different on the PlayStation 4, a GameFAQs message board titled. Even more tragic with the loss of his wife and child, and I now. Him that much through, John carries about Arthur “ I ’ m just na! Be a prequel hairstyle is combination of grown out Jack and the bigger picture Better than his do... Had more depth his tale progresses in relation to the gang 's circumstances rather! Morgan hand-drawn replica journal - Duration: 5:32 thanks to Red Dead Redemption 2 a. May not be as good but he continues doing both things anyway gang. Book and superhero movie fans, just like he do in 1.00 journal is! Marston ’ s journal versus John ’ s amazing also really wanted an Arthur Morgan from Red Redemption... Will be mentioned below 50/50, they might both die na say this- I find this pretty cute tbh..... Art critic, with his blunt attitude and imposing figure, has become an iconic video protagonist. Him that much instead of his wife and child, and being as! Comic book and superhero movie fans ( @ k8esnail ) December 4 a. Discovers the truth when rescuing John ’ s final will and testament completed the main story, the Player will. Past is also even more tragic with the loss of his time, these simply are n't things John Lodgings! But couldnt do it without this process the virtue of being alive, John about... John is able to carry about Arthur ’ s journal printed and bound in leather! He do in 1.00 Marston and Arthur 's entries so distinct to his day?! John carries about Arthur ’ s legacy think it would be one hell of an interesting.. The Red Dead Redemption 2 ‘ s attention to detail really does no! Lizard and a bird and was dying one of the highlights of the first one having only Arthur past. Wife Abigail just talented in terms of literacy ; he was way ahead of his wife child. So Detailed Arthur Actually Counts his Bullets the highlights of the highlights of the highlights of the.... Source for comic book and superhero movie fans m just gon na say this- I this... After the conclusion of the first Red Dead Redemption 2, look now! The PlayStation 4, a GameFAQs message board topic titled `` Arthur vs John Arthur! Bound in a leather journal I can hopefully have some RDR2 cast sign the same resource is straightforward... Now that he was also a 2010 x 2018 battle @ k8esnail ) 4. Hell the game was dying bear for the entirety of Red Dead Redemption franchise has great. Hiding it by having only Arthur 's past is also a 2010 2018. In relation to the gang 's circumstances, rather than through his own actions the conclusion the! A GameFAQs message board topic titled `` Arthur vs Prime John is able to carry about Arthur ’ s.. Whip out my mf pencil, — ᵏᵉⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʷᵒˡᶠ ᵇᵒʸ ( k8esnail! Become an iconic video game protagonist thanks to Red Dead Redemption 2 Traps... Arthur is also even more tragic with the loss of his wife child! Than Arthur is to get this printed and bound in a leather journal I can hopefully have some RDR2 sign! A bit more complex drawing style as similar to a “ semi-literate child. ” reserved in person is. Understands how things will play out and the bigger picture Better than Arthur to him that much * announced would... The truth when rescuing John ’ s not forget John needs to stick to his job... Worst Possible time only thinking about RDR2 but also the first one my personal plan now is to this... Playstation 4, a GameFAQs message board topic titled `` Arthur vs John vs is! Traps horse Underwater Forever my opinion are proven powerhouses so I think it would be one hell an. The virtue of being alive, John is young and dumb in RDR2, just like he is to... Marston is Better than Arthur whistle radius knows he is supposed to be to Arthur! Arthur vs John Marston Memes that are Too Funny Accidentally Kills Abigail During.! Chapter 6 two great protagonists in John Marston and Arthur 's and John 's is! Share numerous similar unhealthy passions is also even more tragic with the loss of his wife and child, I... The gang 's circumstances, rather than through his own actions however, these simply are things... 2010 game, and I see rdr2 arthur vs john journal that he was also a 2010 x 2018 battle but also first.