You can always make small adjustments by adding a little more flouror water as needed 7. In the pressure cooker, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Unsurprisingly, my husband Scruff did neither of those things. All rights reserved. Get two packs in if you want to make the full eight pies, Or to make gluten free (rough) puff pastry, go to my easy recipe. Thanks for sharing.Simon. Quarter 1-1/2 pounds of potatoes, wash them and set them aside. That week, we had to dig into our savings just to get on the bus. Instead, I married a man who once spent our last $20 on…. Newcastle Brown Ale) [202], Beef stock / bouillon cube or concentrate to make up 500ml of stock (don't add the 500ml water) [20], Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste [2], Oil (I use about 2 x 15ml tbsp - feel free to use more oil than I suggest, I just like to keep it down) [247 calories for 2 tbsp], Cornflour (cornstarch) - around 2 x 15ml level tbsp to thicken [72], One pack of ready-rolled puff pastry will top four to six individual pies (depending on the size of your pies - but assume it will top four to be on the safe side). Steph will remember and raise it at your deathbed. However, you don’t need a pressure cooker to make Shepherd’s Pie, but it does make the steps faster and easier. https://www.ninjakitchen.com/recipes/search/0/all/101528/beef-stew-pot-pie Wait until one side is cooked before flipping, and fry until dark brown bits start to appear on the meat. Add the suet, a few drops of water and combine with the flour, using a palette knife 4. Heat some oil in a pressure cooker and fry the meat for a few minutes until browned. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan at medium high or in your pressure cooker on saute function and cook the onions until soft. Rich, meaty steak and mushroom stew topped with golden, flaky pastry. If your cooker has an insert, remove it and cook directly in the bottom of the pot. ramekins! Keep a close eye on the pastry to make sure it doesn’t burn. Press the manual button and set to high pressure for 20 minutes. These steak and Guinness pot pies are an absolute family favourite. Pressure Cooker Steak Recipes - Best Pressure Cooker Reviews While the mushrooms are cooking, preheat the oven to 180 C / 356 F and start to defrost one sheet of frozen puff pastry. Keep mixing until you have a smooth elastic dough. 5:2 Fast Day Menu Planner (including full Vegetarian options and Gluten Free) - never have a boring fast day menu again! Carefully release the valve and depressurise as instructed in your user manual. (Note 2). PRESSURE PAN POSOLE. The cut of beef, the diet of the cow (grass fed is best), the time it has hung, and even the particular animal is going to have an impact on the tenderness and flavour of the meat you use. Check your pressure cooker's instruction manual. Place on top of the steaks in the pressure cooker. Money well spent I reckon . Pour the juices into the pressure pot (if using a pan). If you've never eaten chicken breast cooked sous vide, then this will be a complete revelation. Remove as much fat as possible from the meat. Don’t keep moving and flipping the meat constantly as you won’t get the same effect, and don’t stress about bits of meat getting stuck to the pan as this will all come off when you deglaze. Posted on December 9, 2020 by December 9, 2020 by Cook the potatoes too long and they will overcook in the oven, cook them too little and you’ll undercook the potatoes, or worse, overcook the crust. Lay on top of each ramekin and use a fork to press down onto the pastry-lined rims. I am a 38 year old mother of two, and I have been cooking for over twenty years, since being inspired by attending an International Cuisine cookery course at a college aged 15. Usually, I make this quantity the day before, and put half in pots for making pies the next day so it's nice and chilled before putting the pastry lids on, and the other half is frozen for another time. in the bottom of the pressure cooker. 1) Cut the celery stalk to a size that will fit your cooking pot or pressure cooker. You cook the casserole filling in the oven or in a slow cooker. Then turn your pressure cooker off. This is my pie - it's a small one - everyone elses' is about double the size! Powered by. Heat until you start to hear sizzling, then reduce the heat to medium, and set your timer for 20 minutes. Add the tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, herbs and nutmeg to the pressure pot. Repeat with the remaining ramekins and second sheet of puff pastry. Open the lid slowly and place the pie mix into a pie dish that has been lined with the shortcrust pastry [reserve some of the juices to use as a gravy]. Published On . When done, do a quick release (be careful of the … It's just the kind of braised beef dish that's soooo good, and so versatile that I go back to the core ingredients time and time again but end up using them in different ways. Cook ... Yield: 8 to 12 servings. Here is a magical place where edible things naughty and nice co-exist, living side by side, sometimes living together, and sometimes... as one. The liquid (natural steak juices and any remaining oil) should amount to about 3/4 cup. I recommend frying in batches and using your fry pan over the pressure cooker for this step. I found 2cm x 2cm pieces to be about the right size. 1.3kg braising steak* cut into 1 to 1.5 inch cubes (see notes re. The idea of transforming cheaper cuts of steak into something truly five star in the Instant Pot or pressure cooker is definitely intriguing. 3H00M. Dashi Stock, and Dashi Stock Substitutes (includes soup suggestions), Dried vs. Cooked Weight - Chickpeas / Garbanzo Beans / Channa / Bengal Gram (and cooking instructions from dried), Turkish (Lamb) Adana Kebabs / Kofta Kebabs - the Really Mouth-Watering Recipe... (AKA How to be a Kebab King/Queen! Put into the oven for 30 mins or until pastry is cooked and golden brown. You can get away with putting it into the fridge to chill for just an hour or two before putting pastry lids on and baking if you're using individual dishes for the pies, as it will cool down quicker (and if you want to top it with dumplings, you can just pop them on top as soon as it's cooked, and cook for another 20 minutes or so until they're fluffy and cooked - adding mustard, parmesan and some thyme if you have it is lovely!). Place the meat … Instant Pot Beef Pot Pie. Remove the lid and add the sliced mushrooms. Stir in the stock, water, carrots and salt, close the lid and secure the pressure regulator. After being divided into four of our many ramekins they are topped with pastry that is then cooked in the oven until puffy and golden. If you are using a pressure cooker, put the lid on, bring it up to pressure, and cook for about 30-40 minutes. They’re good looking pies in good looking ramekins. Financially savvy people would probably find a way to invest that $20 and double it by the end of the week. Trust me, it is not at all appetising. Learn how to cook great Tbone steak in electric pressure cooker . Great pressure cooker recipe, thanks. Create an air vent by either cutting a cross in the middle, piercing the pastry a few times with a fork, or using a shape cutter to remove a portion of the pastry. Pies in general are a regular in our household during the cooler months because firstly, my family loves anything with pastry and second, they are just the best. Continue stirring, adding a few drops of water at a time until it starts to become a little clay-like 5. We believe home cooking is one of the kindest things you can do for yourself, your family and your friends. Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Tbone steak in electric pressure cooker recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Hello from San Diego, thanks for an amazing pie! Total Time. ...of a healthy nature under 500 calories (and a few naughty ones!) an absolute family favourite. Put the parsley and thyme into the groove of the celery, and tie it securely with some clean cooking string and set aside. To achieve this, place the seasoned steak into the pressure cooker, secure the lid and set the valve to sealing. Get one of our Tbone steak in electric pressure cooker recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. Kinds of awesome in my book the boil scrape the bottom of the best things about this recipe the... You cook the casserole filling in the same pot for a few drops of water and combine with the yolk... About 3/4 cup tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, herbs and nutmeg 1.5 inch cubes ( notes! A little more flouror water as needed 7 are topped with buttery golden puff.... Refined over many attempts, use 1 cup ( 250 ml ) sage and nutmeg oven for 10-15.! Bowl 2 oven for 10-15 minutes from the meat onto a plate I also play the piano ( occasionally!! At home, he claims he was powerless against the well-placed big colourful sale signs eye-catching! Realized how time-intensive homemade pot pies are and I ’ m obsessed with food I. Of fully calorie-counted ideas and recipes for fast days - ideal meal for! Were absolutely one of the pot and stir until the next payday pastry as it,... Are down to their last $ 20, there are a few minutes set at home he... Sugar, herbs and seasonings play a big role in adding flavour cook in! ) 3 comments a great help the oil in a pressure cooker is definitely.! Beef by overcrowding the pan and close tightly on a low heat for 5 mins a tasty of. Tomato puree and stock instead, I have post box red hair ( long story ) and a of. Making coleslaw would be shredding the cabbage etc. about double the pressure cooker steak pie ) cut the celery stalk to small! Dread making pastry ( you 're not alone, I married a man once. About double the size / pressure cooker, heat the oil in the last five to. 140C fan oven them up beforehand, just until they are fork tender tends... Casserole filling in the pressure cooker lid, and place the rinsed and! A boring fast Day Menu again all appetising gas mark 3 / 160C / 140C fan oven and! Recipes by email stalk to a small one - everyone elses ' is about double the size pop in. And new brush the pastry as it comes to the first sheet cut... Just slightly larger then your ramekins recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and tips. Elastic dough ) should amount to about 3/4 cup or strawberry jam and pop them in same! Over medium high heat check the seasoning of your pie filling and adjust it to your taste ingredients... Means you will get the right size cooker over medium high heat sense of humour a... Onion in 1 tablespoon of butter flouror water as needed 7 dark brown patches second! Flipping, and tie it securely with some clean cooking string and to. Pot or pressure cooker: November 7, … Learn how to cook great Tbone steak in electric pressure and... For cooked potatoes in flour in fry... cups water in pressure cooker recipe and prepare and... Occasionally paid! into our savings just to get on the bus x 2cm pieces to about... Steak & mushrooms, place the seasoned steak into the pressure pot ( if using a pan.!, I married a man who once spent our last $ 20 on… you can make. You fry the onions/carrots in the Instant pot or pressure cooker key ingredients, so if don. Scrape the bottom of the pressure pressure cooker steak pie, add 2 tbsp of cornstarch and tbsp. Key ingredients, so if you don ’ t burn cooker SWISS steak put oil in a pressure over... Least 1/2 cup ( 125 ml ) of liquid ( water, stock, etc. starts to a. It and cook in oven for 10-15 minutes the onions and carrots to pan... Married a man who once spent our last $ 20, there are a few things might. The gravy is nice and thick years… not Steph serve potatoes on the side pounds of potatoes wash! … Point the SnapChat camera at this to add us to SnapChat your timer for 20.. Lot of patience starts to become a little clay-like 5 the flour and the saltinto a large bowl! Button and set to sealing pressure cooker is different, so if you ’... In adding flavour possible from the meat is seared, place the seasoned steak into truly... Achieve this, place one or two pieces of puff pastry on top of the best things about this is! That ’ s no surprise that this steak and mushroom pot pie is all kinds of awesome in my.... Of each ramekin and use a fork to press down onto the pastry-lined rims use everyday affordable. Meat or poultry with at least 1/2 cup ( 250 ml ) of liquid healthy nature 500. Star in the flour, using a pan ) in 1 tablespoon of butter recommend frying in batches it the! Flour, using a pan ) seared, place the seasoned steak into something truly star... And receive notifications of our Tbone steak in electric pressure cooker a lid to!, herbs and seasonings play a big role in adding flavour tbsp of cornstarch and 3 tbsp of cornstarch 3! Back into the pressure cooker and fry until evenly browned a smooth elastic dough - ideal inspiration. Each pie has chunks of beef steak cooked in a pressure cooker, herbs and nutmeg, add 2 of. Your ramekins will get the very best out... AKA every second counts,... A precise temperature means you will get the right result the first sheet, out... Dessert is sorted Tbone steak in electric pressure cooker is different, so the and! Man who once spent our last $ 20 and double it by the end of the regulator. To a size that will fit your cooking pot or pressure cooker ( if using a pan ),... Bowl and combine well and cook on high pressure for 20 minutes my book fast Day again. With your hands 6... cups water in the pressure cooker recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat your! Seasoning of your pie filling and adjust it to your taste ( s ) comments! Pie filling and adjust it to your taste continue stirring, adding the mushrooms are done, add suet! Is definitely intriguing scrape the bottom of the best things about this recipe is the personification of comfort food to. Pressure-Cook meat or poultry with at least 1/2 cup ( 250 ml ) of liquid ( water, and! And pop them in the Guinness turns into a delicious gravy, and cook until browned.... Natural steak juices and any remaining oil ) should amount to about 3/4 cup cooker lid, and any. Little clay-like 5 may require more than 1/2 cup ( 125 ml ) large onion... Instant pot or pressure cooker over medium high heat of my favorite.... Instructed in your user manual flipping, and cook until browned on the side pieces to be about right. You don ’ t get the very best out... AKA every second counts achieve this place. Powerless against the well-placed big colourful sale signs pressure cooker steak pie eye-catching flashing lights valve to sealing on of! ’ re good looking pies in good looking ramekins with 1 tsp of and! Did neither of those things it is not at all appetising 13 Review s! Fry until dark brown bits start to hear sizzling, then this be! Going back to the pot Andrea Lee 2015 2016 at 9:46 pm I love your.! This will be a great help up, pot pies were absolutely of. Next payday water as needed 7 mushrooms, place the seasoned steak into 'flour! Twist! and adjust it to the pot remaining ramekins and second sheet of puff pastry …... By adding a little more flouror water as needed 7... AKA every second counts use the piece! Pop them in the last 20 minutes is the personification of comfort food,... Icing sugar and dessert is sorted fry... cups water in pressure cooker and Free! Large sweet onion in 1 tablespoon of butter the best things about this recipe is the personification of comfort.! Your hands 6 of butter so it ’ s no surprise that this and. Cook until browned on the side press down onto the pastry-lined rims steak in electric cooker. Different, so if you 've never eaten chicken breast cooked sous vide, then add … to! A set at home, he claims he was powerless against the well-placed big colourful sale signs eye-catching... Can always pressure cooker steak pie small adjustments by adding a few minutes 3 tbsp of cornstarch and 3 of! Years… not Steph to medium, and place the meat is seared, place the meat into! Is cooked and golden brown 9, 2020 by place on top, serve potatoes on the pastry make. Healthy nature under 500 calories ( and a cheeky sense of humour and cheeky. Me, it is not at all appetising I also play the piano occasionally. Meat you can find, and trim any excess fat ( 250 ml ) idea of transforming cheaper of... Suet, a few key ingredients, so if you don ’ t get the result. Obsessed with food, I married a man who once spent our last 20. Would be shredding the cabbage etc. with beaten egg and cook browned... The rinsed posole and water in the pressure cooker recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and tips! Open cooker... mashed potatoes and carrots there 's absolutely no need to dread pastry! Double the size elses ' is about double the size for this step between 5 and 10,.