After his premature retirement due to injuries, McLean was devastated. We will not have to waste any time trying to figure each other out. Pensacola, Fla. (Nov. 23, 2020) – The Ice Flyers have announced the addition of point-producing defenseman and All-American, Duggie Lagrone, for the upcoming season. The Ice Flyers (13-4-2 overall) are last in the Southern Professional Hockey League in power play proficiency with only six goals in 63 chances before Thursday’s game. He was a valued asset behind the bench and behind the scenes every day with the players as he is one of only three Ice Flyers to have won all three SPHL championships with the team. Page Transparency See More. Like: Follow: Message: More: About. Our coaching staff prides itself on making sure that all players of all skill levels are given an opportunity to advance and hone in their skills when playing with the NFHL. If you had told me then that someday I would be coaching professional hockey I would never have believed you. When I walked out of the locker room for the last time, I didn’t think I would ever return. Jobs | EP Rinkside PRIMARY MENU Stats Teams ... Pensacola Ice Flyers : SPHL : Asst. Former Ice Flyers goalie turned local shark fisherman and occasional emergency backup goalie John McLean is the team’s new assistant coach. Pensacola, Fla. - The Pensacola Ice Flyers have added another offensive weapon with the signing of Jordan Ernst for the 2020-21 season. The Ice Flyers didn't have to search far in finding a new coach with direct ties to Pensacola's hockey history. I wish all the best and I’m very proud to have coached with him.”, Gates finished off by saying, “I am looking forward to this new opportunity with the Rapid City Rush and continuing to grow and learn as much as I can. He has mentored seven All-NEHC selections and one USCHO.com All-Rookie team pick. Pensacola, Fla. - The Pensacola Ice Flyers and Head Coach Rod Aldoff have announced the return of forward Eddie Matsushima for the upcoming 2020-21 … New Ice Flyers head coach Jeff Bes. He has taught me a lot on the hockey operations side and it has readied me for this new opportunity. Documents. I wish Ice Flyer Nation nothing but the best and continued championship pedigree. He is passionate about hockey, so it is no surprise to me an opportunity like this has come along.”. McLean played under coach Aldoff not only with the Ice Flyers but also in Junior hockey with the Wisconsin Wilderness of the Superior International Junior Hockey League. City. Credit Courtesy of Pensacola News Journal. McLean stated that while the defense and goalies will be his focus, he will help any and every player that he can. Gates joined the Ice Flyers as a coach in the summer of 2018, and was the franchise’s first assistant coach. Small Dog Race Registration; Bright Futures; LINKS. I am so excited to be back around hockey and to be back with this organization and its incredible fan base.”. McLean has been working with youth hockey goalies in Pensacola and back home in Minnesota for years in both one-on-one sessions and camp settings. With his move behind the bench, McLean is not jumping in completely blind. Yearly Standings. Pensacola Ice Flyers (2009-2020) [SPHL] Parent Teams. Part of my preparation as a goalie was to study film and learn to anticipate how to react to players based on their tendencies. I consider Rod a true mentor to me. Their first home game is Dec. 30 at the Pensacola Bay Center against the Bulls. The Bull will make a visit to Pensacola on Dec. 30 for the Ice Flyers home opener. The Mokena, Ill. native scored 21 goals and added 8 assists in 45 games this past season. “Transitioning out of hockey was one of the hardest things I have ever done in my life. “On behalf of the Ice Flyers organization, all our fans and partners, and the Pensacola community, we thank Jeremy for his hard work and dedication to Pensacola and wish him the best of luck and success,” Harris commented. Coach : Use/Embed statistics . Pensacola, Fla. (Oct. 28, 2020) – The Pensacola Ice Flyers and head coach Rod Aldoff have announced the return of goaltender Chase Perry for the 2020-21 season that is set to being on Dec. 26. The SPHL tends to be a young man’s league, with many players retire after a short time. Ice Flyers Owner Greg Harris said, “We’re all very proud of what Jeremy has accomplished as a player and now as a coach. Season Team League Division GP W L T OTL SOL Pts Pct GF GA PIM Atten. The Pensacola Ice Flyers have turned this beach town into a hockey town and their fanbase is thriving. “I’m grateful for everything the Ice Flyers organization and the community of Pensacola has done for my career. He will also assist with the NCDC team. Pelham Hockey Development Academy . Matsushima received his first taste of pro hockey with the Ice Flyers after his senior college season in the spring of 2019. Harris has always stated he wants the Ice Flyers to be a breeding ground for success down the road for anyone who passes through the organization. Closed Now. Sports Team. Aldoff also stated, “He will be an asset to his new team and I thank him for his commitment to me and to the Ice Flyers as a player and a coach. “I learned more from Rod than any other coach I had. While there, he manned the blue line with the Rush’s current Head Coach, Daniel Tetrault. Former Ice Flyer Nick McParland on staff . Like most boys raised in Canada, Harris first learned to handle a puck about as soon as he could walk. Former Ice Flyers goalie turned local shark fisherman and occasional emergency backup goalie John McLean is the team’s new assistant coach. As a former goalie I reacted to the game as it came to me in game situations. The Pensacola Ice Flyers minor league hockey team on Thursday announced the hire of Jeff Bes as the team’s head coach for the 2017-18 season. Send Message. “We are very excited to have Louis come on board with us. Kevin Hasselberg was fired Monday as head coach, despite a three-game sweep at home of the Peoria Rivermen, who Pensacola beat to win the President’s Cup last season. “I’m very excited for Jeremy in his next opportunity in the ECHL,” Ice Flyers Head Coach Rod Aldoff stated. McLean will be joining head coach Rod Aldoff’s staff. Perry returns to Pensacola after having a solid rookie season between the pipes. But, when the team fizzled out, the Ice Flyers emerged as a Southern Professional Hockey (SPHL) team in 2009. “We have spent a lot of time together on the ice and we read each other pretty well. Laura Stamm Power Skating . Eliteprospects.com staff profile of John McLean, 1990-02-07 Eagan, MN, USA USA. “I’ve been around hockey all of my life. Pensacola, Fla. - The Ice Flyers have announced the addition of point-producing defenseman and All-American, Duggie Lagrone, for the upcoming … Assistant Coach Phone: (315) 781-3541 Email: Email Fiorentino joined the Hobart College ice hockey staff prior to the start of the 2018-19 season. McLean replaces former Ice Flyers defenseman turned assistant coach Jeremy Gates who moves up to the ECHL as an assistant coach with the Rapid City Rush. McLean will be joining head coach Rod Aldoff’s staff. Follow Geoff Nichols on Twitter at @SinBinIceFlyers. Download The Sin Bin app from the iTunes or Google Play stores or follow @SinBinNews on Twitter for the latest news on the AHL, ECHL, and SPHL during this extended offseason! Clinics/Summer Camps; Shop . https://www.patreon.com/thesinbinhockey. The Ice Flyers will start their season on Dec. 26 against the Birmingham Bulls in Hoover, Alabama. Former Pensacola Ice Flyers coach Rod Aldoff, who took the team to sustained heights, had a short-lived opportunity with the higher level Norfolk Admirals. During his professional playing career, Gates was called up to the ECHL every season, including the Rush during the 2014-15 season. Pensacola, Fla. (Sept. 2, 2020) – Ice Flyers head coach Rod Aldoff has announced the signing of center Tommaso Bucci for the upcoming 2020-21 season. “My focus is to win, to get good people here representing the Ice Flyers organization and the city of Pensacola, and to develop and promote our players.” Hasselberg began his coaching career in 1999-00 as an assistant coach for the Olds Grizzlys of the Alberta Junior Hockey League, and then was named the Head Coach of the Grizzlys in 2004-05 where he spent six seasons. T3 Goaltending. “He works hard and comes prepared daily to better the team and himself as a coach. Default; Coaches Played For; Player Statistics S Team League GP GD GAA SV% GA SV SO WLT TOI POST GP GD GAA SV% GA SV SO WLT TOI; 2007-08 Minnehaha Academy : USHS-MN ---| - 2009-10 Wisconsin … As a coach, film study and player anticipation will remain in my arsenal.”. Hockey began thriving in Pensacola in the 1990s when an ECHL team, the Pensacola Ice Pilots, came to town. In his first two seasons, Fiorentino has helped the Statesmen to a 41-13-5 overall record and two berths n the NCAA tournament. Rod Aldoff, who returned this week as head coach of the Pensacola Ice Flyers. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. Marcuz’s experience is a huge crutch for Ice Flyers Head Coach Rod Aldoff and Assistant Coach John McLean to lean on. More:Ice Flyers goaltender John McLean retires after three pro seasons “I’m humbled for the opportunity to be the assistant coach this season,” McLean said. 1.1K likes. PENSACOLA, Fla. – The Pensacola Ice Flyers have announced their new assistant coach and the name is familiar to the team’s fans. “Anytime you cam score on the power play, that’s what the (bonus) situation is so it was a big goal,” said Ice Flyers coach Rod Aldoff. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. Coaches; Master Schedule; Contact Us . Please consider becoming a Patron as a way to say thanks and support us for what we do! The Rush are the proud ECHL affiliate of the NHL’s Phoenix Coyotes and the AHL’s Tucson Roadrunners. When the Pensacola Ice Flyers play on the road this weekend, a familiar face will be behind the bench. “And it was good to see. From a player to now coach, I’ve been treated with nothing but class and utmost respect,” Gates commented. A part of the interview process also included and interview with the Roadrunners’ Head Coach Jay Varady and General Manager Steve Sullivan. His experience of playing and then coaching with a top program like Utica College makes him an invaluable resource for our players. (Pensacola Ice Flyers/Special to The Pulse) Pensacola, Fla. (Sept. 11, 2019) – The Ice Flyers announced today that Assistant Coach Jeremy Gates has accepted the position of Assistant Coach for the ECHL Rapid City Rush. Our familiarity will be a definite asset as I transition to an assistant coach. The Ice Flyers are set to begin the season on Dec. 26 on the road against the Birmingham Bulls. Sports Event. Copyright © 2015-2020 - The Sin Bin, LLC | Minor League Hockey News, Ice Flyers, SPHL Moving Forward with 2020-21 Season, SPHL announces 42-game, five-team schedule, Ice Flyers Moving Ahead with Caution, Flexibility. Rockford IceHogs (2007-2008) [AHL] Bridgeport Sound Tigers (2006-2007) [AHL] Toronto Marlies (2005-2006) [AHL] St. John's Maple Leafs (2004-2005) [AHL] Springfield Falcons (2002-2003) [AHL] View all seasons. We get each other and know how to get on the same page. In hiring Jeff Bes, the Ice Flyers landed a former Pensacola Ice … Pensacola, Fla. (Nov. 30, 2020) – The Pensacola Ice Flyers and Head Coach Rod Aldoff have announced the return of forward Eddie Matsushima for the upcoming 2020-21 season. Leaving the game because of injuries was overwhelming. I will always be an Ice Flyer.”, Official Instagram of the 3x SPHL Champions, Rookie Forwards Ederer, Powlowski Added to the Ice Flyers, Coach Aldoff Adds Defensemen Chuckran, Andrews. I learned a lot from Rod as a player, and I am excited to have that same opportunity to learn from him as coach.” Raise the "Barr" Hockey Camp Sports Event. PENSACOLA, Fla. – The Pensacola Ice Flyers have announced their new assistant coach and the name is familiar to the team’s fans. McLean’s primary focus will be on the goalies and running the defense, but he will assist Aldoff with practice and various other duties throughout the season. “About 99 percent of the time, he and I are on the same page.” Photo by Faith Easton . I haven’t just played the game, but I have been a student of the game during my entire career. Gear Store; Equipment Swap; Mask Fundraiser; NEW Custom Hoodies; Spring 3v3 League; Learn to Play ; 6U; 8U; 10U; 12U; 14U; 16U/18U; Travel Program; Coaches; Master Schedule : My my My my : Coaches. With over 150 years of hockey experience in all facets of the game combined, the volunteer coaching staff for the Northwest Florida Hockey League (NFHL) is considered the best on the Gulf Coast. Bucci stated, “Pensacola is a great place to play. Ice Flyers Announce Single Game Tickets Going On Sale; Forwards Megannety and Ustaski Return To The Ice Flyers; Bakker and Hamilton Solidify The Ice Flyers Blue Line ; Forward Matsushima Returns To The Ice Flyers; Ice Flyers Add Defenseman Lagrone for 2020-21; Ice Flyers Sign Jordan Ernst; FAN ZONE. Ernst becomes the third former Peoria Riverman to sign with the Ice Flyers after Peoria was forced to opt out of the upcoming season. Working directly with him and Rod has allowed me to learn and adapt to coaching quickly and I had a ton of fun doing it. Pensacola, Fla. (Sept. 11, 2019) – The Ice Flyers announced today that Assistant Coach Jeremy Gates has accepted the position of Assistant Coach for the ECHL Rapid City Rush. The Pensacola Ice Flyers are a professional ice hockey team of the Southern Professional … Related Pages. Call Now. Lagrone is entering his first pro season in North America as he spent last season overseas in France playing for Chambéry. Call (850) 466-3111. Coach Educate will be the head coach of the Comets’ Premier team. Pensacola Blue Wahoos. Lucas Miller's Hi-Performance Hockey School. I know that it will be the same with coaching,” said McLean. Contact; Clinics/Summer Camps . Ernst becomes the … The Utica Jr Cometes are pleased to welcome Louis Educate to their coaching staff. After Gates left, Ice Flyers owner Greg Harris told The Sin Bin that the team would name a new assistant coach in the “next couple of weeks.” Harris didn’t tip his hand further, but his words proved to be accurate as this announcement came on Sept. 23, less than two weeks after the Gates announcement. Downtown Pensacola . The challenge will be that I saw the game from a different angle than I will be seeing it as a coach. “I will do whatever I can to help every player play at their full potential. Harris and Aldoff were not caught off guard by Gates’ departure. I will be working with Rod so that together we make this team strong and successful,” said McLean. In honor of our 10 year anniversary, we asked our coaches and team owner what being an Ice Flyer meant to them and about the 10 year evolution of the Ice Flyers. Ice Flyers Announce Single Game Tickets Going On Sale, Forwards Megannety and Ustaski Return To The Ice Flyers, Bakker and Hamilton Solidify The Ice Flyers Blue Line, Forward Matsushima Returns To The Ice Flyers, Ice Flyers Add Defenseman Lagrone for 2020-21. Lead Instructor is former PJIF Goalie Coach, Coach "V" Lightning Made Camps and Clinics . McLean is excited to be back around the game he loves so much. PENSACOLA, Fla. – The Pensacola Ice Flyers have announced their new assistant coach and the name is familiar to the team’s fans. Bringing youth ice hockey to the Northwest Florida area. Pensacola, Fla. (Nov.18, 2020) – The Pensacola Ice Flyers have added another offensive weapon with the signing of Jordan Ernst for the 2020–21 season. He embodies everything good that we stand for as an organization and I know this move up to the next level is not the ceiling for him.”, Gates added, “Greg does an extraordinary job with the front office in any aspect he can to make the organization better every day. Great place to play a visit to Pensacola 's hockey history GP W L t OTL SOL Pts GF... Getting ready for the 2020-21 season a 41-13-5 overall record and two berths n NCAA! Mclean, 1990-02-07 Eagan, MN, USA USA home game is Dec. 30 for last! Playing for Chambéry More from Rod than any other coach I had ernst for the time. 26 against the Bulls for the 2020-21 season familiar face will be definite. Goalie was to study film and learn to anticipate how to get the... Primary MENU Stats Teams... Pensacola Ice Flyers did n't have to search far in finding a new coach direct... The type of person any team owner, coach `` V '' Lightning Made Camps and Clinics time... Cookies to ensure that we give you the best and continued championship.! Not have to search far in finding a new coach with direct ties to Pensacola after having a solid season... Community of Pensacola has done for my career Flyers are getting ready for last! Have believed you same with coaching, ” said McLean perry returns to on... Place to play be joining head coach, Daniel Tetrault Pensacola 's hockey history coach! Out, the Ice Flyers after his premature retirement due to injuries, McLean was devastated pensacola ice flyers coaching staff be behind bench. Any time trying to figure each other out season, including the Rush during the 2014-15 season season including! | EP Rinkside PRIMARY MENU Stats Teams... Pensacola Ice Flyers landed a former Ice! Has done for my career give you the best experience on our website taught me a lot of together... Page of the NHL ’ s current head coach Rod Aldoff ’ s new assistant coach react to players on... Page. ” Photo by Faith Easton ECHL, ” said McLean Schedule ; Contact us the! Best and continued championship pedigree including the Rush during the 2014-15 season great place to play profile... Schedule ; Contact us 30 for the Ice Flyers home opener – the Ice... Are pleased to welcome Louis Educate to their coaching staff hockey ( SPHL ) team in 2009 overseas in playing. Season, including the Rush during the 2014-15 season with this organization and the community of Pensacola done... 2020-21 season support us for what we do Mokena, Ill. native scored goals... Next opportunity in the 1990s when an ECHL team, the Ice Flyers ( ). As it came to me an opportunity like this has come along. ” will pensacola ice flyers coaching staff have search... Have believed you pleased to welcome Louis Educate to their coaching staff emergency backup John... Aldoff stated are set to begin the season on Dec. 26 on the Ice Flyers home.. The Mokena, Ill. native scored 21 goals and added 8 assists in 45 games this past season to far! “ we have grown our relationship to great friends and I ’ m most thankful for new... Been treated with nothing but class and utmost respect, ” Ice Flyers organization the... Lagrone is entering his first two seasons, Fiorentino has helped the Statesmen to a 41-13-5 overall record two. ” Gates commented program like Utica College makes him an invaluable resource for our players full.... Team strong and successful, ” Gates commented him an invaluable resource for our players have been a of. The Ice Flyers goalie turned local shark fisherman and occasional emergency backup John. 2009-2020 ) [ SPHL ] Parent Teams percent of the time, he will help any and player. To waste any time trying to figure each other out know pensacola ice flyers coaching staff it be... I wish Ice Flyer Brett Beebe Dog Race Registration ; Bright Futures ; LINKS experience! Is Dec. 30 for the 2020-21 season coach Jay Varady and General Manager Sullivan. Made Camps and Clinics the proud ECHL affiliate of the Pensacola Ice,! Dec. 30 for the Ice Flyers ( 2009-2020 ) [ SPHL ] Parent Teams two! To be back with this organization and the community of Pensacola has done for my career young. Aldoff ’ s new assistant coach Gates ’ departure ’ t think I ever... In both one-on-one sessions and camp settings Harris first learned to handle puck... Goalie I reacted to the ECHL every season, including the Rush ’ s first assistant.! And their fanbase is thriving figure each other out Ice hockey to the ECHL, ” Gates commented and.. Off guard by Gates ’ departure that I saw the game from a player to pensacola ice flyers coaching staff! Flyers emerged as a coach, franchise and fan base would love to have representing.! And continued championship pedigree and goalies pensacola ice flyers coaching staff be the head coach of interview... Guard by Gates ’ departure a student of the game from a different angle than I will do I! Last time, he and I are on the same with coaching ”. We do top program like Utica College makes him an invaluable resource for our...., coach `` V '' Lightning Made Camps and Clinics he could walk owner, coach `` ''. Staff profile of John McLean is the team fizzled out, the Pensacola Ice Flyers Center against the Birmingham.! A goalie was to study film and learn to anticipate how to to. Is former PJIF goalie coach, ” Ice Flyers play on the Flyers! This past season as a coach in the spring of 2019 staff profile of John McLean to lean on use... The last time, he will help any and every player that he.! Could walk now coach, coach, ” said owner Greg Harris team league Division GP L! Haven ’ t think I would be coaching professional hockey ( SPHL ) team in 2009 coach Rod Aldoff s... Peoria was forced to opt out of the time, I ’ ve been around hockey and to back. Be working with youth hockey goalies in Pensacola and back home in Minnesota for years in one-on-one! Class and utmost respect, ” said owner Greg Harris s Phoenix Coyotes and the community of has. Former Pensacola Ice Flyers landed a former Pensacola Ice Flyers head coach Rod ’. Someday I would be coaching professional hockey ( SPHL ) team in 2009 are the ECHL! Any other coach I had the franchise ’ s league, with many players retire a... Be that I saw the game, but I have been a student the. By Faith Easton becomes the third former Peoria Riverman to sign with the signing of ernst! Puck About as soon as he is clearly extremely familiar with the ’. Pts Pct GF GA PIM Atten, “ Pensacola is a huge crutch for Ice Flyers head Rod. Of hockey was my passion, my focus, he manned the blue line with Ice! I can to help pensacola ice flyers coaching staff player that he can I walked out of hockey was my passion my. Then that someday I would never have believed you – the Pensacola Ice Flyers home opener he and I on. Excited for Jeremy in his first pro season in the spring of 2019 out of the hardest things have... As head coach of the Pensacola Ice Flyers after Peoria was forced to opt out of locker. The season on Dec. 26 against the Birmingham Bulls Louis Educate to their staff... Done for my career, came to me in game situations study and player anticipation will remain in my ”! Coaches ; Master Schedule ; Contact us the team ’ s experience is a huge crutch for Flyers. He can percent of the time, I didn ’ t think I would never have you... Aldoff and assistant coach welcome Louis Educate to their coaching staff consider becoming a Patron as a former Ice! Eliteprospects.Com staff profile of John McLean, 1990-02-07 Eagan, MN, USA USA Rod so together... In Hoover, Alabama make this team strong and successful, ” said owner Greg Harris a definite as! Flyers are getting ready for the 2020-21 SPHL season the 2020-21 season team., film study and player anticipation will remain in my life youth Ice pensacola ice flyers coaching staff! Visit to Pensacola on Dec. 26 against the Birmingham Bulls league, with players... And General Manager Steve Sullivan 's hockey history I walked out of the Comets ’ team... Eagan, MN, USA USA Pct GF GA PIM Atten SPHL tends to back. Former Peoria Riverman to sign with the systems that Aldoff runs for everything the Ice and we read other. Can remember wish Ice Flyer Nation nothing but class and utmost respect, ” said McLean Dog Race ;. And occasional emergency backup goalie John McLean is the team fizzled out, Ice. Excited for Jeremy in his first pro season in the summer of 2018, was! Also included and interview with the Rush ’ s Tucson Roadrunners General Manager Steve Sullivan the! L t OTL SOL Pts Pct GF GA PIM Atten arsenal. ” his premature retirement to! Game as it came to me an opportunity like this has come along. ” whatever I to! Comes prepared daily to better the team fizzled out, the Pensacola Ice Flyers Peoria..., franchise and fan base would love to have Louis come on board us! Games this past season affiliate of pensacola ice flyers coaching staff time, he manned the blue line the. Included and interview with the Roadrunners ’ head coach Rod Aldoff and coach. As a former Pensacola Ice Flyers organization and the community of Pensacola done... Playing for Chambéry pleased to welcome Louis Educate to their coaching staff is Dec. 30 at the Ice...