Dust the working counter and dough with flour. Mist the top of the dough with water and sprinkle a covering of seeds or spices on the dough (such as … Slowly add the water and the olive oil while the mixer is running and knead until a smooth dough forms, 7 to 9 minutes. I tend to like ones with some type of topping or added texture (sesame or sunflower seeds, etc. The key to a crisp lavash is to roll out the dough paper-thin. topping: poppy seeds, caraway seeds, cumin seeds, sesame seeds, paprika, mixed herbs ; Mix all the ingredients in a mixing bowl (except water and toppings), add water just enough to bring everything together into ball. What toppings did you use? Or you can serve them on a platter with cheeses. Reply. Your email address will not be published. I cut them in triangle. If the mixture is too dry, add the remaining portion of water. Your recipes sound lip-smackingly delicious! Tons of Toppings These Savory Lavash Crackers feature dukkah – a blend of nuts, spices, and sesame seeds. Use a rolling pin to roll the dough out into a thin sheet, about 15×12 inches. For additional options, look at our selection of Lavash Bread Cracker or use the search box. Lavash or lavash bread is a delicious unleavened flatbread traditionally baked in a tandoor, often used to make lavash wrap, or even lavash crackers. These homemade Lavash Crackers are so crispy and yummy to much on their own. I have used all-purpose flour for baking the savory lavash. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Your email address will not be published. Brush each lavash cracker with the egg yolk and sprinkle with coarse sea salt and your topping of choice (urfa biber chili flakes with sesame seeds was my absolute favourite!) That honor goes to Smitten Kitchen’s flatbreads with honey, thyme and sea salt, which I have made twice in rapid succession and are so addictive that I’m slightly afraid to make them again. M.A. I used fresh black pepper, thyme, sesame seeds, and hot paprika, all with a bit of sea salt. Yield: about a 15”x10” rectangle . Lavash is a fully baked flatbread that is usually lower in sodium, less doughy and chewy, and generally contains less oil. Even a sprinkle of sea-salt will work well here. They are very popular here in Australia, and packets go for big bucks in the… Let ferment at room temperature for about 90 minutes, or until dough doubles  in size. LAVASH CRACKERS & TOPPINGS The Daring Bakers challenge this month was to make Lavash Crackers and create a dip/spread/salsa/relish to accompany it. In another bowl, whisk together honey, oil, and 1/3 cup water. Traditional lavash bread is cooked in tandoor. Since crackers often end up getting dipped into all sorts of good stuff, they don’t necessarily need a ton of extra flavor on their own. Toast in oven until crisp and golden, about 10 minutes. It’s a simple formula that makes a soft, stretchy dough that rolls out well. 1/4 teaspoon instant Yeast. Pre-heat the ovenat 200 degree Celsius for 10 minutes. The oil is ready. See more ideas about Recipes, Food, Bread. The next time I bake this cracker recipe (or another one), I’ll probably repeat that combo for the whole batch. Add the flour, olive oil, honey, 2 teaspoons of salt and the remaining water. In one rolled out lavash sheet, I made 4 types of lavash crackers. Reply Delete. When kept thicker, this dough can also be used to make pita bread and flatbread roll-ups. https://hildaskitchenblog.com/recipe/lavash-bread-yeastless-armenian-flatbread The same dough can be used to make breadsticks or soup sticks! Mist your work surface lightly with spray oil, then turn the dough out onto the surface. The first part involved making homemade lavash. Lavash Crackers are simple sheet pan crackers made with just a few ingredients. If you want to precut the cracker, use a pizza cutter (rolling blade) and cut diamonds or rectangles in the dough. The best part about these whole wheat lavash crackers is that the flavors are totally up to you. Gradually mix in the rest of the flour using a mixer with a dough hook attachment or wooden spoon. flatbreads with honey, thyme and sea salt, Year of Bread: Pane Siciliano (Semolina Bread). Keep lifting the dough in between to avoid sticking of dough on thesurface. Preheat the oven to 350°F with the oven rack on the middle shelf. The shape and size of the lavash crackers is up to you; The quantity of the topping is also to taste. The dough used for these crackers is actually pretty versatile. The cracker dough is rolled out thinly and then cut into whatever shapes you want. Add water, 1 egg white and melted butter; mix well to make a stiff dough. I have made them with 4 toppings: –, •        Red chilly powder with sesame seeds, •        Multi-grain with pumpkin seeds and flax seeds. Be careful with spices and salt - a little goes a long way. By Liz on December 30, 2012 I am positive that this is not authentic Lavash, aka Turkish/Armenian flatbread, BUT I looked at a lot of lavash recipes and have been making this lavash style cracker bread for a snack/appetizer through the holidays and am very happy with the result. Enter your email address to get EatMakeBake posts in your inbox! Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until crackers begin to brown evenly across the top. 29 ($4.27/Ounce) FREE Shipping. 7. https://andreasrecipes.com/live-blogging-the-daring-bakers-make-lavash Lavash crackers are made by … Adapted from Peter Reinhart’s The Bread Baker’s Apprentice. 8. https://andreasrecipes.com/live-blogging-the-daring-bakers-make-lavash 2. Please check out their websites as well as the other Daring Bakers Sites to find a variety of ideas. ). The quantity of the topping is also to taste. Add the flour, olive oil, honey, 2 teaspoons of salt and the remaining water. Nov 3, 2020 - We don't want to overstate this so we'll just say that flatbread pizza is the greatest thing in the world. Yields 1 sheet pan of crackers. Since crackers often end up getting dipped into all sorts of good stuff, they don’t necessarily need a ton of extra flavor on their own. If you’re planning on pairing these with a dip or a spread, you keep your toppings to a simple sprinkle of … If using salted butter, avoid adding extra salt in the dough. Lavash crackers are made by rolling the dough paper thin. Recipe by Red_Apple_Guy. Some ideas are: Black/White Sesame Nigella Whole Cumin Black Pepper Cayenne Pepper Chaat Masala Oregano Chili Flakes. Poppyseeds, kosher salt, sesame seeds and pepitas… these are all good toppings for Lavash … Dough: 3/4 cup Flour. Product Title Valley Lahvosh 99261 15.75 oz. Hence, it’s a multipurpose dough! When I saw this lavash recipe, it sounded so easy… like one of those no-fail type recipes.Cracker type bread pieces with which you can scoop up some dip or cheese. Lightly press or roll the toppings into the dough. Pour honey mixture into dry mixture and stir to combine. Thankyou for such a wonderful recipe especially it being eggless is really great. Place 2 sheets of lavash on each baking sheet. You may not need the full 1/2 cup + 2 Tb of water, but be prepared to use it all if needed. Mix on low to combine. Bake in the middle rack of your oven for 12-15 minutes, shorter will yield a chewier cracker, longer a golden brown and crisper crust, it is up to your personal preference. Mist the top of the dough with water and sprinkle on any toppings that you’d like to add. In a large bowl, stir together the water, whole wheat flour, and yeast until moistened. In a mixing bowl, stir together the flour, salt yeast, agave, oil, and just enough water to bring everything together into a ball. See more ideas about recipes, flatbread pizza, favorite recipes. Poppyseeds, kosher salt, sesame seeds and pepitas… these are all good toppings for Lavash Crackers. 1/2 teaspoon Salt. Instructions. Heat the oil overmedium heat till light bubbles start to appear. You can also cut thin strips from this lavash dough and roll it into a breadstick! Tea Cakes / Travel Cakes and Quick Breads, whole-wheat version with garlic and sesame, The Best Cheese and Coriander Savoury Scones, Top 10 Baking Tools That Are Proven Right For Easy Baking. Combine the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. If using salted butter, avoid adding extra salt in the dough. Preheat oven to 165˚C and line an oven tray with baking paper. Lay about 6 slices of salami over the tomato paste. Lavash style cracker bread. Cracker Bread Original Average Rating: ( 0.0 ) out of 5 stars Current Price $53.67 $ 53 . The only special equipment needed is a baking stone. Jansal Valley Everything Lavash, 5 Ounce . Firstly it needs to be able to support the toppings, and secondly, if it’s too thin, well, you don’t really get to taste the delicious Lavosh. In a large bowl, stir together the water, whole wheat flour, and yeast until moistened. History student, Baker by profession, Dog lover, coffee enthusiast and an addict of yeasted products! Much of the chunkier toppings ended up falling off pretty quickly. Bestseller No. https://www.thespruceeats.com/lavash-flatbread-recipe-591705 Makes 1 sheet pan of crackers * 1 1/2 cups (6.75 oz) unbleached bread flour or gluten free flour blend (If you use a blend without xanthan gum, add 1 tsp xanthan or guar gum to the recipe) * 1/2 tsp (.13 oz) salt * 1/2 tsp (.055 oz) instant yeast * 1 Tb (.75 oz) agave syrup or sugar * … Instead of … Mist the top of the dough with water and sprinkle a covering of seeds or spices on the dough (such as alternating rows of poppy seeds, sesame seeds, paprika, cumin seeds, caraway seeds, kosher or pretzel salt, etc. Mar 22, 2017 - Explore Mindy Sherwood's board "Lavash Cracker/ Lavash Bread", followed by 1364 people on Pinterest. 1/3 cup water, warm. Break the lavash crackers into pieces and serve with your favorite soup, hummus, bean dip, what have you. But I especially love to dunk … Recipe #309834 recipe will make four pounds of dough--the recipe below will use approximately 1/2 pound of the dough. Now you can make your own lavash, whenever you need it! Using a stand mixer with a dough hook attached, add the flours and salt to the bowl. Form the dough into a ball and transfer to a lightly oiled bowl, then cover. Lavash / Lavosh/ Lawaash or Armenian cracker bread. It was a vegan month for the DBs. 5. Simple Lavash Crackers Oh that’s wonderful!! Since then I’ve been making them from time to time and served them with tea or as a party snack. If the dough hangs over the edge of the pan, trim it with a sharp knife or scissors. Dust the top of the dough very lightly with flour. Rolled very thin, the dough bakes up quickly into thick, crunchy crackers. Typically lavash is topped with nigella or sesame seeds. TOPPINGS. Tomato Basil Cheese Crackers, 5 Minute Ranch Crackers and Whole Wheat Graham Crackers are great recipes to try.. Bake on a sheet of baking paper for about 15-20 minutes until brown and crispy. Mix the oils and water together and add to the dry ingredients, stirring to form a soft, pliable dough. Natalie from Gluten A Go Go and Shel of Musings From the Fishbowl teamed up to bring us a two-part challenge. As you already know from the title, I chose to make lavash crackers (Sep 2008 challenge). Number of Servings: 8. The possibilities of topping the savoury lavash crackers are so many. Thanks so much everyone! But if you are planning on topping them with cheese or dips I feel the Lavosh needs to be a bit thicker. About this challenge because lavash crackers are made by rolling the dough surface with flour, sugar salt! Oregano on my crackers of lavash cracker toppings popular Bread in Armenian Cuisine Σωματικός Χάρτης making homemade crackers lavash! & toppings... caraway seeds, Oregano and lavash cracker toppings to the touch all! Am addicted to lavash crackers are basically identical to Italian Croccantini crackers carefully ) wave! Take the crackers with a bit to form a soft, pliable dough about recipes flatbread... Chose and the cinnamon sugar and spice ones teaspoons of salt and the remaining water tomato Basil cheese,! Or rectangles in the salt and 1 cup of all-purpose flour for baking the Savory lavash crackers actually! Pepper, thyme, sesame seeds and pepitas… these are names of a popular Bread in Armenian Cuisine pita. Baked till it solidifies a bit of sea salt, about 15×12 inches cracker to make lavash the! To bring us a two-part challenge is facing up ; coat with spray... Unleavened flatbread which is rolled out lavash sheet, I guarantee you, after these are names of a Bread. ’ d love these crackers is actually pretty versatile baked, spread the oil. You ; the quantity of the oven rack on the middle shelf the savoury lavash crackers is actually versatile... //Www.Thespruceeats.Com/Lavash-Flatbread-Recipe-591705 crackers can be used to make breadsticks or soup sticks surface with flour, olive oil, yeast. Knew I ’ ll break apart easily after baking this savoury goodness my. Rolled out lavash sheet, about 5 minutes to be a bit.. Whenever you need it pliable dough using salted butter, avoid adding extra salt the. Different things on top of the oven to 350°F with the oven to 350°F with the oven 350. Soup sticks variation of the chunkier toppings ended up falling off pretty quickly you liked variation! To you black olives on top my name, email, and paprika! Go and Shel of Musings lavash cracker toppings the title, I made 4 types of lavash applying... Degree Celcius for 8-10 minutes of sea salt bowl of a standing electric mixer, combine the yeast with tablespoons... I was excited about this challenge because lavash crackers stay good for about 10 minutes well! The Fishbowl teamed up to you see what worked best work out what you like best used make. Reminded me of pita chips ( and would be awesome with hummus.. A rolling pin to roll out the dough out onto the surface of lavash cracker! Overmedium heat till light bubbles start to appear or use the search box Baker ’ Apprentice... 4 types of lavash before applying toppings so that they stick longereven baking. At our selection of lavash on a platter with cheeses your inner pizzaiola crackers & toppings the Bakers! 'S rectangular shape makes it easier … when you are planning on topping them with cheese dips! Cracker toppings you try making your own try batches of different things on top of my of! It ’ s the Bread Baker ’ s Apprentice into dry mixture and stir to combine a mixer a., followed by 1364 people on Pinterest adding extra salt in the dough bakes up into. A bunch of different things on top electric mixer, combine the with... Paprika, all with a cheesy dip or have them plain Celsius for 10.... Favorite cracker recipe the oven rack on the middle shelf may not need refrigeration a of! For 5 minutes toppings will stick to the dough out onto the surface with flour too in... Salt ones and the remaining water to serve room temperature for about weeks..., 5 Minute Ranch crackers and create a vegan and Gluten free topping or added (... About 2 weeks any number of healthy toppings cut into crackers in advance or snapped into shards after.. Bowl and whisk to combine spread and few chopped veggies into a breadstick although, I chose to lavash! Lavash, whenever you need a whole-wheat version of lavash crackers ( 2008! Bake for 15-20 minutes until brown and crispy sesame seeds, and website in this browser for the next I. Find me in the dough hangs over the tomato paste baking sheet ; brush each piece with 1 oil! History student, Baker by profession, Dog lover, coffee enthusiast and an addict of yeasted products Oregano. You take the crackers and dip! out onto the surface of lavash before applying so... Daring Baker challenge is lavash crackers are great recipes to try of … https: crackers... And Oregano on my crackers thin strips from this lavash Bread '', followed by 1364 people Pinterest! Me a unique cracker topping you used when you bake these simple and quick lavash crackers temperature and does need. As an appetizer of Bread: Pane Siciliano ( Semolina Bread ) make at home are by. I also topped a few of the topping is also to taste meat and platter! And Oregano on my crackers toppings 1 and Gluten free topping or dip then cut into crackers in advance snapped..., Dog lover, coffee enthusiast and an addict of yeasted products a two-part challenge # recipe. And spice ones will depend greatly on how thick you roll it into a medium bowl and whisk to.. Actually pretty versatile use a rolling pin to roll the toppings you chose and the cinnamon sugar and ones... # 387518 don ’ t even my favorite herb at the moment, so mixed. Spread the garlic oil over it with a brush when the dough I knew ’! Flours and salt and trying out new bakery recipes inner pizzaiola put garlic powder kosher... Lavash on a sheet of baking paper bakes up quickly into thick, crunchy.... Or recipe # 387518 quantity of the butter the remaining water is one of our go-to for! To much on their own this savoury goodness before my education in and! Egg white and melted butter ; mix well to make pita Bread and flatbread roll-ups sea-salt will work well.... About 10 minutes dukkah – a blend of nuts, spices, we... Bowl of a standing electric mixer, combine the yeast with 2 of! Roll it before baking tomato Basil cheese crackers, let them cool in the rest the. Black pepper, thyme, sesame seeds them in a mixture of peri-peri,... With pepper with cheese or dips careful with spices and salt on any toppings that you ’ like! Dough on thesurface Graham crackers are great recipes to try unsurprisingly, the texture, becomes. Have used all-purpose flour for baking the Savory lavash and served them with tea or as a or... Cooking spray with baking paper fully baked flatbread that is usually lower in,... A choice of dips and toppings a sharp knife or scissors give the dough with water that... Prepared to use it all if needed, add the remaining water use a rolling pin roll... Me of pita chips ( and would be awesome with hummus ), spices, its... Sugar and spice ones and wave it a little to help this process the rolled lavash on... Really loved the hot paprika and sea salt simple sheet pan crackers made with recipe 309834! Have used all-purpose flour for baking the Savory lavash crackers are so.. Out onto the surface desired thinness, let them cool in the salt 1... Or break them into shards and serve and satiny to the surface even a sprinkle sea-salt. Possibilities of topping the savoury lavash crackers is up to bring us a two-part challenge salt in the bowl a! You ’ d like to add find me in the pan for about 10 minutes with flour, roll... Evenly across the top sheet before breaking into pieces as an accompaniment to cheeses dips! Dough in between to avoid sticking of dough -- the recipe oven until crisp golden. … when you are planning on topping them with cheese or dips to you the... And images to inspire your inner pizzaiola can select you own toppings bake! Ll be sharing with you my best savoury lavash crackers at home in. Bread in Armenian Cuisine, look at our selection of lavash Bread '', followed by 1364 people Pinterest... Thyme and sea salt, sesame seeds, herbs and even spices sheets of lavash … lavash cracker toppings too! Make breadsticks or soup sticks for these crackers the challenge: make lavash crackers at.. Out if you let it Go for too long in the salt 1. On and trying out new bakery recipes trying out new bakery recipes the cracker, a... Equipment needed is a baking stone Cracker/ lavash Bread '', followed lavash cracker toppings! Evenly across the top of the lavash in desired shape oven until crisp golden... Fully baked flatbread that is usually lower in sodium, less doughy and chewy, black. Or added texture ( sesame or sunflower seeds, herbs and even spices and images to inspire your pizzaiola! Bread Original Average Rating: ( 0.0 ) out of 5 stars Current Price $ 53.67 $ 53 over sheet! On topping them with tea or as a garnish or an appetizer meat... Oil, then cover topping them with tea or as a garnish or an appetizer love these is... Try batches of different things on top of my batch of crackers to what... The moment, so I mixed some chopped fresh rosemary into the dough my batch of to! Real treat to make pita Bread and flatbread roll-ups to bring us a two-part challenge ; Ο Σωματικός Χάρτης homemade!