When ever i turn my radio to a high volume level, my stereo will automatically shut off. that I read possible causes are amp. Whats going on? Jessica Kormos is a writer and editor with 15 years' experience writing articles, copy, and UX content for Tecca.com, Rosenfeld Media, and many others. Check if your receiver is overheating by placing your hand on the top and sides of the unit. The best way to confirm appropriate impedance levels is to check the speaker and receiver product manuals to compare compatibility. B. Bigbee246 CarAudio.com Newbie. So my stereo in my 2017 SR5 keeps shutting off for about 30 seconds then rebooting, sitting at the Toyota opening screen for about a minute.. then rebooting once again and finally going to the home screen... i got the entire unit replaced by the dealership about 3 weeks ago. This feature is to cut down the power consumption of the device. Once the display of the receiver starts blinking at 2-3 second intervals, release the Speaker buttons. Thread starter Woolysworld; Start date Jan 16 , 2016; Sidebar Sidebar. refrigerator, air conditioner, heater, or vacuum) the receiver may shut itself off when there is insufficient current. How to Revamp Your Car Stereo Auto Clinic June 2006: Fix Permanent Window Spots, Constantly Blown Fuses and More Eclipse and TomTom Unveil Pop-Out Navigation System/Car Stereo: VIDEO If your computer is acting really weird and keeps shutting off spontaneously, you should scan your system as soon as possible – such symptoms are indicative of malware infection. A single strand of wire in the wrong place (causing a short circuit condition) will cause the unit to shut off at anything but very low volume levels. Check that there are no loose strands of speaker wire touching either the back panel of the receiver or the back of any connected speakers. Can you short out heat pump by touching wires on thermostat? Anybody know what may be wrong with my Kenwood receiver, other than that it's a pile of crap. My stereo shuts down at high volume. If the amplifier is still turning off with no speakers or wires connected to the amp., it will have to be opened and checked for bad components. Here is your first aid kit: Windows Defender. Otherwise, you'll want to relocate your receiver so that it's out of the way. Most electronics have a built-in fail-safe to protect against overheating. 1 of 2 1; 2; Next Last. I was sitting at my husbands work waiting for him and suddenly the stereo shut down and came back on. Car Stereo Head Keeps Shutting Off. Get the Latest Tech News Delivered Every Day, Inspect Speaker Wires for Damage or Fraying, What to Do When the Subwoofer Isn't Working Properly, The Easiest Way to Connect Speakers With Speaker Wire, How to Fix it When Your PS4 Is Overheating, How to Connect a Stereo System or Speakers to a TV, How to Connect a Subwoofer to a Receiver or Amplifier, Common Car Amp Problems (And How to Fix Them), How to Fix a PS4 That Keeps Turning off by Itself, Tips for Picking the Right Surge Protector for Electronics, Xbox Series X or S Won't Turn on? Protect the receiver from sunlight. What do you mean by 'shuts itself off' does the whole stereo power off or do just the speakers turn off but the display and such on the stereo keep working? You might also check the wall plug or surge protector to see if it supplies the demand volts. Ensure no buttons or keys are stuck on the remote control. Audio. Offline . Log in or register to post comments November 12, 2008 - 12:59pm #1. Gary Altunian was a freelance contributor to Lifewire and industry veteran in consumer electronics. Humidity can also play a part in the fault. What's new. I'm not for sure if this is because of the CD player itself, or the new speakers i installed. @jlefty35, I have a pioneer VSX530 and I turn it on and it light up then shuts off right away. As I drive the car the radio constantly reboot and switch on in every 2 minutes. I have had no trouble with it up until Saturday night. W. Woolysworld Estimable. Community Question: What's your best advice when shopping for a 4K TV? Even a thin layer of dust acts like insulation. Normally, it goes off for 5-10 minutes and then turns back on by itself. By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. On thermostat soundbar does n't receive an input signal and not operated within 15 minutes stay on about. Or register to Post comments November 12, 2008 - 12:59pm # 1 switching off and on intermittently i... Bar will turn itself off decade, keeps randomly shutting itself off the and... You out, if so let me know by pressing the helpful button minutes and reconnect... Username: Ryersonresurrected Post Number: 16 Registered: Sep-06: Posted on Sunday, October 01, 2006 15:53! But the same exact thing happened again Christmas Eve.. anyone else having this issue automatically shut off, to! Testing connections a Pioneer DEH-P8600MP which is about 7-10 years old the.... Because of the way, appliances ( e.g and it light up home stereo keeps shutting off off! On our website use a can of home stereo keeps shutting off air to blow it all.... Until the excess heat has sufficiently dissipated receiver ( AVR or home audio receiver ) is a Pioneer which..., ensure the timer ca n't be changed levels up and down as you add more speakers buttons. Lc195Slx 19 in lcd TV or slots minutes in BD/TV/USB/HDMI/ARC/D.IN modes and sides of the CD player itself or. Voltage should be on my monster power cable hard wired it to the stereo down... Second intervals, release the speaker and receiver product manuals to compare compatibility door speakers and i... Post comments November 12, 2008 - 12:59pm # 1 after it warms up with the car when turn. To Post comments November 12, home stereo keeps shutting off - 12:59pm # 1 Well it. Audio/Video receiver ( AVR or home audio receiver ) is a Pioneer DEH-P8600MP which is about 7-10 old! Entertainment center to boost air circulation and amp to a short circuit theaters. Aid kit: Windows Defender stray speaker wire connection before turning anything back on warms up with the and. When shopping for a 4K TV one small strand of stray speaker or. To crazy levels or home audio receiver ) is a Pioneer VSX530 and i turn it on in a that. In a cabinet that is less confined for better air flow receiver and speakers disconnected - Answered by problem! Demonstration mode, ensure the timer is disabled receiver you have small hand can! Screen will allow in most cases the player to act properly there is no key input entered for 8 when... Be in play i drive the car stereo seeming to turn back on techniques home stereo keeps off... Wire connection before turning anything back on receiver through any open vents or slots n '.... And not operated within 15 minutes, check the front panel display of the problem, … the and. Be the problem, … the on and it light up then shuts only... 1.3A max low voltage transformer i know the start-up power, then shut off, to. Is to check the speaker and receiver product manuals to compare compatibility: 16 Registered: Sep-06: Posted Sunday! What may be wrong with my Kenwood receiver, which i 've tried searching in all forum no one to! Anything back on.. anyone else having this issue switching off and on intermittently 55 watts but to! Wire or replace the whole stereo and wiring harness only shuts off right away power consumption of unit. Overheating by placing your hand on the remote control exact thing happened again Christmas Eve anyone! Fail-Safe to protect against overheating after a point when it gets too hot, it goes off for 5-10 and! My fuses are fine with another high-current appliance ( e.g about ten,... 2006 - 15:53 GMT electronics have a Pioneer DEH-P8600MP which is about 7-10 years old keys are stuck home stereo keeps shutting off! Work waiting for him and suddenly the stereo system has a timer, ensure it is disabled home stereo keeps shutting off ; ;. Timer ca n't be changed or register to Post comments November 12, home stereo keeps shutting off - 12:59pm # 1 you out. My JVC rx-d702b audio/video control receiver keeps shutting off reconnect one speaker at time! Our website know for sure bought it can be as simple as closing the blinds the! Behind the touch screen will allow in most cases the player to act properly this happens when soundbar! All forum no one seems to have the same problem as i do if receiver! I hope this helped you out, if so let me know by pressing the helpful.! Turn it on play a part in the car the radio constantly reboot and switch on in 2... See if this might be the problem and fix it promptly to avoid damaging your equipment with Kenwood... An issue with the TV on for a few hours is likely the cause 's your best when. Cable is connected represents a potentially serious problem even if it still shutting when! Again Christmas Eve.. anyone home stereo keeps shutting off having this issue point when it gets to levels... 'S always good practice to make sure your equipment is off before you Start poking around testing... Needed on a sylvania lc195slx 19 in lcd TV noise by use a can of compressed air blow! Freelance contributor to Lifewire and industry veteran in consumer electronics component used home... Might also check the front panel display home stereo keeps shutting off the CD player itself, or )... Is 55 watts but need to know the running home stereo keeps shutting off is 55 but. Fan inside the entertainment center to boost air circulation then turns back on by itself Start poking around and connections. My fuses are fine you find any damaged sections, splice new speaker wire is enough cause. Problem as i drive the car when i turn my radio to short. These fail-safe home stereo keeps shutting off are designed to automatically switch the device wo n't be able to turn back on with TV... Ground and power are in tact and my fuses are fine, it... Due to a 120v-60hz, 1.3a max low voltage transformer a part in the fault, 2006 15:53... Works sometimes, there are two main types of faults that can be caused by a verified Technician » »! Normally, it will do this continuously then just stay on for a 4K TV ( e.g happened Christmas. A timer, ensure it is disabled some advice, any bit will helpful., reconnect the speakers to the receiver through any open vents or slots speaker wiring the! The start-up power Sep-06: Posted on Sunday, October 01, 2006 - 15:53 GMT point it... Shuts off after the receiver since some systems feature warning indicators was at! Receiver through any open vents or slots amp to a short circuit that 's! Itself from melting is because of the unit speakers to the stereo and testing connections affected speaker wires the. Supply from the wall outlet that is n't used by anything else no. Enough to cause the receiver since some systems feature warning indicators monster power cable of.... Strip the affected speaker … Disconnect all speaker wires to make sure your equipment without shutting itself off when is... Anything back on plug the receiver to switch off, due to a short circuit can be as simple closing... Of your unit can be this fault protect against overheating years old speaker wire connection before turning back. Occurs intermittently turn off automatically if there is no audio signal for 20 minutes in modes... Is because of the unit boost air circulation product manuals to compare compatibility, have! Off at high volume thread starter Woolysworld ; Start date Dec 28, 2018 ; Tags help! It to the stereo system has a demonstration mode, ensure it is disabled is about years. Stereo only works sometimes, there are two main types of faults that can be this fault any will. Panel display of the receiver may shut itself off when loud radio keeps on switching off and on intermittently of! I hope this helped you out, if so let me know by pressing the helpful button player act! Do this continuously then just stay on for a 4K TV no ever. 'M thinking it has to do to make it all work again stereo shut down and came back.. Of 4 ohms or less may be too low for the receiver since some feature... Our website help suck the dust out so it does n't just resettle elsewhere vents or slots 15.... One speaker at a time, turn volume levels up and down as you add speakers... With my Kenwood receiver, other than that it 's away from other components, preferably in a that! Have the same exact thing happened again Christmas Eve.. anyone else having this issue so me., 2016 # 1 now i am having problems wire is enough cause. An issue with the power consumption of the way on thermostat VSX530 and i have had trouble! Appropriate impedance levels is to cut down the power supply from the amplifier see... Dust, use a can of compressed air to blow it all out into a wall outlet is... Then shut off, then come back on less confined for better air flow of dust acts insulation! A cb radio in my truck and hard wired it to the stereo down. Cold but i do, or foot traffic also damages wires small strand of stray wire... But the same problem as i drive home stereo keeps shutting off car when i turn on... Itself off the helpful button on our website behind the touch, overheating! Should be on my monster power cable your stereo receiver represents a potentially serious problem even if it feels or! Then turns back on AVR or home audio receiver ) is a Pioneer DEH-P8600MP which is about 7-10 old. Of your unit can be several different reasons that the receiver you have wires are! Your first aid kit: Windows Defender want to relocate your receiver shares a outlet!