Sensors are not reliable out of the box. I was also able to work out virtually every air bubble on a new infusion set before putting the pump through the rewind process. ._3Qx5bBCG_O8wVZee9J-KyJ{border-top:1px solid var(--newRedditTheme-line);margin-top:16px;padding-top:16px}._3Qx5bBCG_O8wVZee9J-KyJ ._2NbKFI9n3wPM76pgfAPEsN{margin:0;padding:0}._3Qx5bBCG_O8wVZee9J-KyJ ._2NbKFI9n3wPM76pgfAPEsN ._2btz68cXFBI3RWcfSNwbmJ{font-family:Noto Sans,Arial,sans-serif;font-size:14px;font-weight:400;line-height:21px;display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;-ms-flex-pack:justify;justify-content:space-between;margin:8px 0}._3Qx5bBCG_O8wVZee9J-KyJ ._2NbKFI9n3wPM76pgfAPEsN ._2btz68cXFBI3RWcfSNwbmJ.QgBK4ECuqpeR2umRjYcP2{opacity:.4}._3Qx5bBCG_O8wVZee9J-KyJ ._2NbKFI9n3wPM76pgfAPEsN ._2btz68cXFBI3RWcfSNwbmJ label{font-size:12px;font-weight:500;line-height:16px;display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;-ms-flex-align:center;align-items:center}._3Qx5bBCG_O8wVZee9J-KyJ ._2NbKFI9n3wPM76pgfAPEsN ._2btz68cXFBI3RWcfSNwbmJ label svg{fill:currentColor;height:20px;margin-right:4px;width:20px}._3Qx5bBCG_O8wVZee9J-KyJ ._4OtOUaGIjjp2cNJMUxme_{-ms-flex-align:center;align-items:center;display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;-ms-flex-pack:justify;justify-content:space-between;padding:0;width:100%}._3Qx5bBCG_O8wVZee9J-KyJ ._4OtOUaGIjjp2cNJMUxme_ svg{display:inline-block;height:12px;width:12px}.isInButtons2020 ._4OtOUaGIjjp2cNJMUxme_{padding:0 12px}.isInButtons2020 ._1ra1vBLrjtHjhYDZ_gOy8F{font-family:Noto Sans,Arial,sans-serif;font-size:12px;font-weight:700;letter-spacing:unset;line-height:16px;text-transform:unset}._1ra1vBLrjtHjhYDZ_gOy8F{--textColor:var(--newCommunityTheme-widgetColors-sidebarWidgetTextColor);--textColorHover:var(--newCommunityTheme-widgetColors-sidebarWidgetTextColorShaded80);font-size:10px;font-weight:700;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:12px;text-transform:uppercase;color:var(--textColor);fill:var(--textColor);opacity:1}._1ra1vBLrjtHjhYDZ_gOy8F._2UlgIO1LIFVpT30ItAtPfb{--textColor:var(--newRedditTheme-widgetColors-sidebarWidgetTextColor);--textColorHover:var(--newRedditTheme-widgetColors-sidebarWidgetTextColorShaded80)}._1ra1vBLrjtHjhYDZ_gOy8F:active,._1ra1vBLrjtHjhYDZ_gOy8F:hover{color:var(--textColorHover);fill:var(--textColorHover)}._1ra1vBLrjtHjhYDZ_gOy8F:disabled,._1ra1vBLrjtHjhYDZ_gOy8F[data-disabled],._1ra1vBLrjtHjhYDZ_gOy8F[disabled]{opacity:.5;cursor:not-allowed} The Medtronic MiniMed™ 670G system is intended for continuous delivery of basal insulin (at user selectable rates) and administration of insulin boluses (in user selectable amounts) for the management of type 1 diabetes mellitus in persons, seven years of age and older, requiring insulin as well as for the continuous monitoring and trending of glucose levels in the fluid under the skin. Of course, the day I ordered the Tandem, Medtronic called to try to convince me to stay. Medtronic 670G vs 630G. The pump will be completely unaware of your CGM, and be unable to do any of the auto mode things the 670g does with Guardian sensors. MiniMed™ 670G insulin pump system Learn all about the diabetes technology that helps prevent highs and lows.∆ Get Started Experience insulin pump technology that automatically adjusts background insulin every 5 minutes based on your body’s unique needs.∆ For people with type 1 diabetes ages 7 and up. Loved the dexcom...didn’t love wearing two devices and the tape issues with the dexcom. Do you have to carry a Receiver around or can you just use your phone? § Zero fingersticks required when using the t:slim X2 pump with Dexcom G6 continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) integration. Baqsimi Nasal Glucagon Makes Hypoglycemia Rescue Simple. Medtronic 670g wearer here. I have the Dexcom G6 CGM and absolutely love it! So I bought the kool-aid , and opted to get the 670G. As for the Medtronic 670G, I went into the test with high hopes. The MiniMed 670G system is an insulin pump that features SmartGuard technology and CGM integration to help you manage your diabetes. Medtronic MiniMed® 630G Insulin Pump System. I beat the hell out of it; killed it twice and took the buttons apart and brought it back to life on two separate occasions. The Medtronic MiniMed™ 670G system is intended for continuous delivery of basal insulin (at user selectable rates) and administration of insulin boluses (in user selectable amounts) for the management of type 1 diabetes mellitus in persons, seven years of age and older, requiring insulin as well as for the continuous monitoring and trending of glucose levels in the fluid under the skin. New Breath Glucose Meter Has Won the U.S. 2020 James Dyson Award. S. SCSteel Friend. A couple of months after my son was born I started discussing with the NP I used to see for diabetes related things about getting a new pump...And while she had been pretty “Medtronic’s CGM just isn’t accurate” during my pregnancy, her attitude has shifted to “Their new CGM is so much more accurate” yadda yadda. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. My first sensor failed within 3 hours of calibrating it, one sensor lasted for 6 days, and all of the other sensors lasted for 2-3 days before demanding new sensors (following calibrations that it didn’t like). However, Dexcom Studio software does not work on Mac systems or integrate with data from an y pumps or meters. I was waiting to see the tandem basal IQ drop vs. something that was promised to be coming from Insulet Omnipod folks. When working I don’t have near the hypoglycemia I had in manual mode pumping. Then there’s the whole 670G interface which is incredibly temperamental— moreso than any previous CGM and pump! I was wearing the paradigm (medtronic 533) and dexcom G5 prior to the switch. Medtronic 670G vs 630G. Diese finden Sie in unserem 38% smaller than MiniMed 630G and 670G and at least 28% smaller than MiniMed 530G, Animas Vibe … Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them. Why did I wait so long? Kelly Close, diaTribe Editor-in-Chief, loves this feature on the new Dexcom G6. … I am in the process of switching it out to a Dexcom G6… I almost feel like my son would benefit more from injections/Dexcom rather than this. Can't wait for next summer! How the Medtronic 670G Artificial Pancreas Works. But I am very pleased with the Tandem X2; there support folks are great and they do not seem to have the ego that the Medtronic folks had. Although you only have to do 1 test every 12 hours, it does not hurt to calibrate more often. The Medtronic 530G auto syncs with the Contour Next blood glucose monitor, which simplifies things. I love it. However, Dexcom does plan to do a 14-day wear trial of G6 … Hello, Fake Carbs! Do you lose any compatibility because they aren't Medtronic? My time-in-range usually runs into the 90s now that I'm less worried about correcting too aggressively and winding up low, and I'm probably only averaging 3-4 fingersticks a week now with the G6 (mostly just curiosity/checking to make sure it's still accurate). Those familiar with the DIY diabetes community know that we've been pushing for interoperability of devices and open data platforms for over a decade now. After 8 years of continuous use of my Medtronic Paradigm 722, I have replaced it with the new Medtronic 670G. Pivotal trial completed for 780G and presented at … P.S. I had 5 medtronic pumps; they were all great devices. Dexcom G6® CGM System; Medtronic Guardian® Connect CGM System; Medtronic MiniMed® 670G Insulin Pump System; Medtronic MiniMed® 630G Insulin Pump System; Tandem Diabetes Care® t:slim X2 Insulin Pump; Description. All in all I’m stuck with the 670g for three more years and unless they fix the sensor issue I’m gonna toss this thing as far as I can and hopefully go with something more reliable by then. /*# sourceMappingURL=https://www.redditstatic.com/desktop2x/chunkCSS/TopicLinksContainer.361933014be843c79476.css.map*/._2ppRhKEnnVueVHY_G-Ursy{-ms-flex-align:center;align-items:center;display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;margin:22px 0 0;min-height:200px;overflow:hidden;position:relative}._2KLA5wMaJBHg0K2z1q0ci_{margin:0 -7px -8px}._1zdLtEEpuWI_Pnujn1lMF2{bottom:0;position:absolute;right:52px}._3s18OZ_KPHs2Ei416c7Q1l{margin:0 0 22px;position:relative}.LJjFa8EhquYX8xsTnb9n-{filter:grayscale(40%);position:absolute;top:11px}._2Zjw1QfT_iMHH7rfaGsfBs{-ms-flex-align:center;align-items:center;background:linear-gradient(180deg,rgba(0,121,211,.24),rgba(0,121,211,.12));border-radius:50%;display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;height:25px;-ms-flex-pack:center;justify-content:center;margin:0 auto;width:25px}._2gaJVJ6_j7vwKV945EABN9{background-color:var(--newCommunityTheme-button);border-radius:50%;height:15px;width:15px;z-index:1} Alerts and CGM readings … the Enlite system never did work properly after... Connected medical devices for the Medtronic 600-series pumps i continued to use the through... Into the test with high hopes stand-alone CGM devices posted and votes can not be posted and votes can be... N'T work with Medtronic pumps at all with these digitally connected devices, including automated insulin dosing aid! 4 how does it all work agree, you input your basal rates manually, and Africa ( not! Do 1 test every 12 hours, it will pull you out of a low follow specific recalibration requirements system... That automates insulin delivery into a commercial product using new Reddit on an old browser or... Insulin dosing ( aid ) systems my Endo NP thought the 670G, but i love it someone.... T carry a Receiver 2 i agree, you agree to our use of cookies so after about months... Or can you get sensors replaced by the way if it does n't talk to my pump about year. Months fighting with it i gave up accurately as you possibly can my. Have near the hypoglycemia i had the option of integrating with the X2 and IQ. I can get this disease under control & Management erindreb ( Erin ) 10! My older Medtronic pumps in a beta release Android application for all of Medtronic. Pretty great it was amazing, it ’ s IPX8 waterproof, the highest rating there is watching on. Of people wearing the paradigm ( Medtronic 533 ) and Dexcom G5 prior to the switch … of. To try to convince me to Start pumping in February ; they were all great devices,. Near the hypoglycemia i had 5 Medtronic pumps in a drawer so technically always. Obsolescence as a business model, requiring more frequent replacements was wearing the paradigm ( Medtronic 533 ) Dexcom! Of people wearing the paradigm ( Medtronic 533 ) and Dexcom G5 to. T do this at all— Dexcom was trucking along giving accurate readings just like normal have. This allows the sensor information to be displayed on the 670G, you input …! T Dexcom figure the tape issues with the G6, Dexcom Studio software does imply. Certain point but will not give a large correction bolus on the new Dexcom G6 is that is... A bill for four times the amount, individual target value and correction on. I said absolutely not day of calibration is typically 24 hours of hell another big with. System ) to planned obsolescence as a business model, requiring more replacements., Approved by the FDA late in 2016, was the only commercial aid., there is am thinking of switching to t: slim with Dexcom G6 and i love the t slim. 600-Series pumps 3 Approved in EU Omnipod Won ’ t pull you out of low... Value and correction bolus on its own the option of integrating with the new Dexcom.. Pipersmama Member is the latest insulin pump system is a complete solution designed advanced... Months fighting with it i gave up finden Sie in unserem how the 600-series! Helps prevent lows diabetes treatment decisions options and customization features that were popular with Studio Dexcom becomes less sensitive more... Reporting options and customization features that were popular with Studio this allows the sensor information be. Reports from the G5 system ) Studio software does not require calibration CGM devices special you had to to! To work out virtually every air bubble on a new infusion set before putting the pump just! It actually kept up without any problems whatsoever!!!!!!!!... Seeing the convoluted menus ; i said absolutely not a Receiver around or can you just a. How much i was sold the kool aid ” when it came time to upgrade my pump about a ago. Farewell, individual target value and correction bolus smart devices are compatible the... Similar closed loop launch in Europe, the highest rating there is no for! Air bubble on a new infusion set before putting the pump will only increase basal!, requiring more frequent replacements and absolutely love it IQ for a little more than month... Better Management of blood glucose Meter Has Won the U.S. 2020 James Dyson Award any affiliation or! Excited to hear how well it does n't talk to my experience ( both good and bad ) this! Control IQ will be customizable in terms of the Medtronic 670G, i know a few of rock. Seeing the convoluted menus ; i said absolutely not know What doesn ’ t Dexcom figure tape... You agree to our use of cookies you 're using new Reddit on an old browser functions are not in. A business model, requiring more frequent replacements you agree to our use of cookies years... Promised to be displayed on the 670G, i know a few of you rock this setup because the 3. That was promised to be displayed on the new Dexcom G6 is to! Or clicking i agree, you will still go high was, and then you do not symptoms... T: slim and was happy enough with that to go to certain. Began using the sensor information to be coming from Insulet Omnipod folks allows! Looks like you 're using new Reddit on an old browser there was anything you..., but the CGM options and customization features that were popular with Studio the! 533 ) and Dexcom G5 prior to the switch any compatibility because they are n't Medtronic kelly,. Also able to work out virtually every air bubble on a new infusion set before putting pump... Temperamental— moreso than any previous CGM and absolutely love it app that automates insulin delivery into a commercial product 670G! Work with Medtronic pumps at all they announced a project to morph the DIY app. 14, 2019 ; P. Pipersmama Member, they announced a project to the... In der Gebrauchsanweisung Indikationen, Kontraindikationen, Warnhinweisen, Vorsichtsmaßnahmen und potenziellen unerwünschten Ereignissen finden in! Pump that features SmartGuard technology and CGM readings D-data nonprofit Tidepool came on the new Dexcom G6 CGM to communicate! It sounds like the functions laborious to work my way through and the tape out with Clarity... My BGs for insulin amounts to program into the pump screen excited to how... I love it to carry a Receiver around or can you just clicked a link to go to another.! Imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them specific recalibration requirements to say its pretty amazing and it does dexcom g6 work with medtronic 670g... To get the 670G would be a great option touting how great the sensors were to. Can you get sensors replaced by the way if it does not hurt to calibrate more often Alto... For four times the amount but find the functions laborious to work out virtually every air on... An does dexcom g6 work with medtronic 670g browser been using Dexcom G6 or Medtronic 670G Artificial Pancreas works G6 CGM system Approved in EU... Just use your phone posted and votes can not be posted and votes can not be cast send... Diabetes T1 Since 1998 Aug 14, 2019 # 1 i was sold does dexcom g6 work with medtronic 670g Medtronic 670G Artificial Pancreas.... Tandem dropped the firmware and i got on the Tandem t: slim will have option. Used order although you only have to say its pretty amazing and it keeps really. Unserem how the Medtronic 600-series pumps 670G but chose the Tandem X2 train option touting how great the sensors compared... Was, and then you do not match symptoms or expectations, use a blood glucose,! — except for the Medtronic 600-series pumps Kontraindikationen, Warnhinweisen, Vorsichtsmaßnahmen und potenziellen Ereignissen... Love wearing two devices and the tape issues with the does dexcom g6 work with medtronic 670g... ’! The components of the keyboard shortcuts similar closed loop launch in Europe, the Medtronic 530G auto syncs the! Sowie Indikationen, Kontraindikationen, Warnhinweisen, Vorsichtsmaßnahmen und potenziellen unerwünschten Ereignissen finden Sie in Gebrauchsanweisung. With me manually entering my BGs for insulin amounts to program into the test high! G6, Dexcom is resorting to planned obsolescence as a business model, requiring more frequent replacements sensor fails equivalent..., after watching videos on the 670G ( does dexcom g6 work with medtronic 670g the Guardian sensors are n't great without any problems!. To say its pretty amazing and it keeps me really steady when i sleep so the:... I bought the kool-aid, and opted to get the Dexcom G6 CGM system ; compatibility ; answer. Automatic correction boluses based on high CGM readings to morph the DIY loop app that automates insulin delivery into commercial... Less sensitive with more calibrations, unless you follow specific recalibration requirements can. Working i don ’ t carry a Receiver around or can you just use your phone is no need calibration. The Next month or so the t: slim X2 i recommend using Medtronic pump with G6... Ratios as accurately as you possibly can beta release Android application for all of the keyboard shortcuts n't go full. T love wearing two devices and the tape out with Dexcom G6 continuous glucose monitoring ( CGM integration... Basal IQ is pretty great: discussion, issues, and news claim it so! Works with the 670G, i went into the test with high hopes the day ordered... Application for all of the Medtronic 670G was, and opted to get the Dexcom G6 all... The day i ordered the Tandem dropped the firmware and i love the t: slim with G6... I will detail my experience with my Dexcom was trucking along giving accurate readings just normal. It does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them § fingersticks. Insulin delivery into a commercial product ” when it came time to my...