Check out our Frequently Asked Questions page for information on Community features, and tips to make the most of your time here. I still remember a time when phones were just phones, and not smartphones. Similarly to Fitbit Aria 2, you will need the Fitbit app to fully make use of the scale. I read the press release from investor.fitbit.com and a few different articles on websites and I can't seem to find the difference. However, both do give you a clearer and complete picture of your progress. I feel like the weight fluctuates as expected as long as it's on a firm level surface (ie: not in tile groves) and I stand on it in an even way. ‎06-18-2020 TIA! 14:53 I'm glad I've read this post I'm still in my 30 day return window with Amazon. OK, since some of you feel the need to comment about something you don't own, let me state that I own the Aria 2 and it works flawlessly (I've had it for quite a while). The Aria 2 measures 31.24-x-3.3-x-31.24cm, and weighs 1.94kg. Fitbit smart scales really can support and enhance your fitness journey. I've searched web for a few hours and finally found the response on Reddit, I have to capitalize, since Fitbit didn't and this a very serious issue: "ARIA 2 SCALE USES MINOR ELECTRIC SHOCK TO MEASURE PERCENTAGE OF BODY FAT. My son and I were within 10 pounds of each other. However, in comparison to Fitbit Aria 2, Aria Air tracks your weight and BMI only. Also I have not had any issues with the battery life. ***************************, Maybe the air is a semi good faith effort to make up for the fact that the aria for $150 was a crappy design that fails after 2 years because of a two cent plastic piece that fitbit refuses to replace or even acknowledge. I think is because Fitbit Aria Air has a limited syncing possibility while Fitbit Aria 2 syncs with both: Bluetooth and Wi-Fi network. In general my issue with quick drained batteries was actually to clean the glass surface very well and to use compessed air and/or vaccum cleaner to clean the "feet" of the scale from any home collected dust and fine particles ... that resolved any isues with my Aria 1, ‎11-08-2019 Easy to set up with a smartphone via Bluetooth; Works alongside Fitbit trackers and smartwatches. If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others. But that only applies to the fitness trackers. Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active! MatthewFitbit. 19:29 Most likely that is why it’s cheaper than Aria 2 pricing at $49.95. However, I would still encourage you to go with Fitbit Aria 2 scales if you can. Not only it supports you in reaching your fitness goals but it also follows along with our natural monthly body cycles, monitor health and more. Stay positive, stay happy :). The Aria Air will of course play nice with the newly announced Fitbit Versa 2, the company's fourth smartwatch, which most notably brings Amazon's Alexa smart assistant to … Hi, @phatRik! The Aria Air measures 29.97-x-2.54-x-29.97cm, and weighs 1.77kg. Aria 2 automatically syncs through WiFi and measures body fat (BMI is just a calculation). Reach your goals and be proud of it! I actually have the Aria 1 and the wifi works on my eero mesh network fine. The Fitbit Aria Air is the entry level model of the Fitbit Aria family which also includes the Fitbit Aria 2 and its predecessor, the original Fitbit Aria. So I encourage you to go and embrace the unique fitness technology that allows us to reach our goals in a smart and effective way without wasting our time! Combine it with fasted cardio or intermittent fasting and your results will come faster! Common he… Smart scales have radically changed the landscape of fitness tracking. 8fit review: Are the workouts and meals any good? Save $50 on select products until 1/16. The Fitbit Aria 2 can now support up to 400 pounds of weight, whereas the original could only hold a maximum of 350. While the scale costs $129.95, the whole magic happens within the Fitbit app where you can not only track your weight and BMI but also body fat percentage and lean mass. The Aria Air measures 29.97-x-2.54-x-29.97cm, and weighs 1.77kg. The Bottom Line: Fitbit Aria 2 seems to measure weight accurately (to the 0.2 of a pound) and is able to give consistent measurements of both weight and body fat percentage. Track weight and more & sync stats wirelessly to your dashboard. Aria Air will have to be manually synced with your app via Bluetooth and cannot measure body fat, it will just tell you your BMI based on your account. MyFitnessPal Review: Best For Counting Calories, Fitness Blender Review: Highly Interactive Start, I am a very simple girl from Latvia that uses fitness instead of medicine! Networking Requirements The Fitbit Aria connects directly to your home’s wireless network and supports the following network configurations: Wireless 802.11b standard ‎09-04-2019 Aria Air will have to be manually synced with your app via Bluetooth and cannot measure body fat, it will just tell you your BMI based on your account. 11:13 There you will find all differences and my opinion or recommendation. Smart scales measure a lot more than our weight. Aria 2 automatically syncs through WiFi and measures body fat (BMI is just a calculation). Oh boy.. Was it fun? Fitbit Aria vs Aria 2 â Summary The Fitbit Aria 2 is not a huge upgrade over the original Fitbit Aria. It's basically a slimmed down version of the scale. Aria Ex-US User Manual Rev B 114-0132-01 2 Setting up your Fitbit Aria Set up Fitbit Aria using a phone or tablet over Wi-Fi or with a Wi-Fi-enabled computer. The Aria 2 has WiFi and the Aria Air does not have WiFi. In short, the Fitbit Aria Air scales are digital scales with a capacity from 5 to 180 kilograms. And when looking deeper into reviews online, I … Auto-suggest helps you quickly narrow down your search results by suggesting possible matches as you type. Tracking your health-related goals on a regular basis has never been easier. If your budget is limited then Fitbit Aria Air will be a more cost-conscious decision than Aria 2 even though it tracks only your weight and BMI. ‎06-18-2020 Fitbit and Aria websites gave me no definitive answers, just re-itterated: "PRODUCT IS NOT RECOMMENDED FOR PREGNANT". Getting to see my weight go up and down over the course of the last eight years is both a blessing and a curse. ... New Listing Fitbit Aria Air Bluetooth Digital Smart Scale Black Brand New. But not the scales. Can someone tell me the difference between the Aria 2 and the Aria Air? I'm shopping and it looks same version of their Aria hardware, sold by other vendors, which is coming out China is priced in some case down to less than $30.00 USD. Asana Rebel Review: Is It Suitable For You? ‎11-10-2019 The same can be said about scales, although it seems that only yesterday fitness scales were used to measure weight only. These metrics help us understand what our own best weight should be, as it depends on your height as much as your actual weight in kilos or stones. LiliyaFitbit, My issues are with the wifi. I think if you keep moving them they recalibrate each time and that probably uses up battery power. The biggest change is how you set up the Fitbit Aria 2. Users The Fitbit Community is a gathering place for real people who wish to exchange ideas, solutions, tips, techniques, and insight about the Fitbit products and services they love. News: Fitbit Aria Air review on iTechBlog.co - iTechBlog.co update news daily related science and technology articles, desktop, laptop, and mobile. (And it's worked on many other networks throughout the years). The Aria Air looks similar to the Aria 2, but lacks Wi-Fi connectivity and instead relies on a smartphone to sync with Fitbit’s servers. Personally, with Fitbit Aria Air I did had syncing errors as it did not want to communicate with other devices. + 7 S 0 P O N S O A R P A 7 E E D-1-1 U J-1 0 F J-1-1. What does this mean, you ask? There are better cheaper scales with body fat % included. Without going into much specifics, the whole point of smart scales is to give us accurate and comprehensive body composition tests by mainly using things like sensors and electrical currents (yaiks). The Aria Air only shows BMI, not body fat percentage. 11:16. In this article, I’ll have a look at the new Fitbit Aria 2 and Aria Air. It just simply has more to offer at a better quality. Last year we reviewed the company’s then most recent, and still premium, scales, the Fitbit Aria 2. Fitbit Aria Air features. A lot of others face the same set-up errors as me. Why is one half the price of the other? Get your scales here! For connectivity, the Aria 2 integrates Bluetooth and 2.4GHz 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi. As soon as they got “smarter“, fitness scales became capable of measuring much more than just your weight. Similar to the Fitbit Aria 2, the Aria Air connects to your smartphone using Bluetooth and feeds all data into the Fitbit app. 06:50 Where Aria Air uses Bluetooth alone, the Aria 2 can log into your WiFi network to synchronize its collected data. In fact, the Air measures just your weight and lets the Fitbit app calculate your Body Mass Index (BMI). Find out in my Fitbit Aria vs Aria 2 comparison. Where an Aria 2 … If in doubt discuss these with your doctor. Users: The Aria 2 can automatically recognise up to 8 users, while the Air syncs individual stats to the app when the phone is connected to the scale. Didn't Fitbit inherit that product from another company? I can not sync my daily weights. Aria air doesn’t tell you your body fat percentage. and his 24....I gained 10 lbs and now the scale wasn’t sure whether I was him or me. What's the benefit? First off, yes, the newer Aria Air is half the price of the Aria 2, while offering most of the same features – although the Aria 2 is certainly not brimming with features anyway. TIA! Facing serious syncing problems after setup. Track weight and more & sync stats wirelessly to your dashboard. I would echo what Connie said. I do leave them in the same position though on a level stone floor. Helpful for some people, others couldn’t care less. I acquired few of these expensive scales: Aria ; Aria 2; it's just frustrating to have it working with the WiFi and not accurate as it's claimed to be! Is the Aria 2 more accurate than the original Aria? How To Setup A Fitbit Aria Wifi Smart Scale Aria syncs automatically and wirelessly through your home Wi-Fi network. Comprehensive and accurate tracking at home; Seamless integration and easy set-up with your existing Fitbit products; Multiple users can use the scale (up to 8 individuals while keeping stats private). In context|music|lang=en terms the difference between aria and air is that aria is (music) a musical piece written typically for a solo voice with orchestral accompaniment in an opera or cantata while air is (music) a song, especially a solo; an aria. Your question will be answered in my comparison between Fitbit Aria 2 and Aria Air. No wonder there are so attractive! Personally, with Fitbit Aria Air I did had syncing errors as it did not want to communicate with other devices. The biggest difference between the Aria 2 and the original Aria is the setup process. Vivoo Review: Does the App Live Up to its Claims? Fitbit Aria 2 is an extension of what’s previously know as Fitbit Aria. – you deam right it was! Some of the better-known brands include: RENPHO Bluetooth Body Fat Scale – Amazon rating- 4.4 – less than $30; FITINDEX Bluetooth Body Fat Scale – Amazon rating- 4.4 – less than $30; YUNMAI Premium Smart Scale – Amazon rating – 4 – less than $75; WITHINGS (Nokia) Body + Scale – Amazon rating 4 – less than $100. Centr Review 2021: Pros and Cons (Suitability), FitOn Review: A (mostly) free app that offers celebrity workouts at home. Well, this means that you will finally have a clearer picture of how much fat and muscle you have (calculate your recommended body fat percentage here). I remember my local gym used to use the electric current to determine all that good stuff about my BMI, lean muscle mass, basal metabolic rate, etc. But that’s the difference. Fitbit Aria 2 is more practical and runs smoother. MakMak | Community Council ‎09-10-2019 That was the original Aria scale manufactured with a pretty much obsolete wireless spec. They both use BT, they both measure BMI. by CDN$ 69.95 CDN$ 69. Shop Fitbit Aria Air smart scales from the official Fitbit Store. The body fat calculation on this scale has always been way off. I don’t know why fitbit included a bmi and bf% on the display if we can’t use it. $48.99 $ 48. Why is one half the price of the other? So without further ado, let’s look more closely at Fitbit Aria 2 vs Aria Air. But was it expensive? Price. Yes, Fitbit Aria Air is more affordable, but if you’re buying a smart scale then it might as well just go with the slightly expensive option not to regret it afterwards. 5.0 out of 5 stars. The whole point of smart scales is to give us accurate and comprehensive body composition tests by mainly using things like sensors and electrical currents. Although I'm a big fan of Fitbit. Body Fat Percentage Accuracy. The largest difference between the Withings Body+ and the Fitbit Aria 2 is the number of measurements each scale tracks. Fitbit is also debuting the Versa 2, an updated version of the company's hugely popular smartwatch, and the Aria Air, an affordable smart scale. I am returning my air. 10 Reasons Why Fitness Apps Are Great [Even Better Than Gyms]. And when looking deeper into reviews online, I find myself not alone here. I read the press release from investor.fitbit.com and a few different articles on websites and I can't seem to find the difference. So it's just an overpriced scale that can "automatically" write the numbers in your app? Deciding which one of the two is more suitable for you really depends on your budget. The Fitbit Aria Air is for price-conscious people who don't trust other smart scales feeding info into their Fitbit app and would much rather have a … - edited Go to the Best Answer. by The Fitbit Aria Air, which will be available worldwide in mid-October, costs nearly half of the previous version Fitbit Aria 2 from the same product family. Typical story - you get what you pay for. 20:28 Fitbit Inspire 2 Health & Fitness Tracker with a Free 1-Year Fitbit Premium Trial, 24/7 Heart Rate, Black/Black, One Size (S & L Bands Included) 4.6 out of 5 stars 5,303. Under $50.00 - apply Price filter. Plus, it only takes two AA batteries to operate rather than three like the older model. Using Aria 2 can show you that you lost body fat, but gained muscle. 10:45 I have recently purchased the Aria2 scale and there is no comparison the wireless setup just work and has been rock solid. The Aria 2 has a stylish design, as you'd expect from the schmick Fitbit brand, and is available in black or white - but it's not just a pretty face. Seven App Review: What is the 7 App by Perigee? So say you’ve been working out and dieting but you gained weight rather than losing it. Save fitbit aria 2 to get e-mail alerts and updates on your eBay Feed. - last edited on Answered! Fitbit's Aria Air scale is less than half the price of the Aria 2, but lacks the body fat percentage measurement of the pricier Fitbit scale. The Wifi always works and yes, it may not seem like much but having it automatically populate to your Fitbit app is very nice and it can also track more than one scale user. They have taken the old version and made it better and more fool-proof. My bf was showing as 43% (really?!) Join an existing conversation, or start a new thread to ask your question. My Fitbit dashboard is still showing a full battery after a couple of months. They both use BT, they both measure BMI. The Aria 2 can tell you your body fat percentage. And to keep your data private, the scale supports AES-128 and SHA-256 encryption while syncing. The report I got was so helpful and valuable, but I simply just could not afford it to do it regularly. If you want more metrics, you need a smarter scale – like the Aria 2. When measuring the various health stats remember that these averages are just that, and an individual’s best ranges may differ depending on various factors. ‎01-08-2020 By joining our Community, you agree to uphold these guidelines, so please take a moment to look them over. * Since the Wi-Fi process can actually be quite a pain (speaking from personal experience), the Aria 2 … Best 10qt Air Fryer: Instant Vortex vs Innsky vs Aria vs Pinsoon On September 22, 2020 By HappyFoodGeek In Air Fryers , Articles , Best Of , Reviews I'm a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. It's basically a slimmed down version of the scale. The Aria 2 measures the weight, body fat percentage and BMI of up to eight users, which it then automatically syncs to the Fitbit app. Today, there are many smart fitness scales in the market ranging from $50 to $200. The product is expensive and tracks fewer metrics than other smart scales in this price range; The bioimpedance signal used in measuring makes it unsuitable for pregnant women and those with implants. Fitbit Aria Air Bluetooth Digital Body Weight and BMI Smart Scale, Black 4.5 out of 5 stars 6,134. - edited I accidentally said I was him, and it told me my bf was 24..... comparison between Fitbit Aria 2 and Aria Air. Shop Fitbit Aria Air smart scales from the official Fitbit Store. If You’re into Active Lifestyle: Strava Review. The Aria Air is a Bluetooth scale The big difference: While the Fitbit Aria 2 is a WLAN scale that connects to the smartphone via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth, the lower-cost Aria Air only synchronizes with the Fitbit app via Bluetooth. Goals on a regular basis has never been easier s cheaper than Aria 2 â Summary the Fitbit.! Do n't think the Aria 1 and the Aria Air measures just your and... Scale wasn ’ t care less although it seems that only yesterday fitness scales the! Than the original Aria scale manufactured with a capacity from 5 to kilograms! For ways to get more active the course of the two then this. Scales, although it seems that only yesterday fitness scales were used to measure weight only know as Fitbit Air! Re debating between the Aria 2 is an extension of what ’ look... 2 more accurate than the original Fitbit Aria 2 is the number of measurements each scale tracks metrics, agree. Out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get e-mail alerts and updates on your budget for information Community... Bmi ) a curse still remember a time when phones were just phones, and 1.77kg! As Fitbit Aria 2 automatically syncs through WiFi and measures body fat calculation on this scale has always been off. Goals on a level stone floor cardio or intermittent fasting and your results will come faster definitive,... While Fitbit Aria Air connects to your smartphone using Bluetooth and Wi-Fi network vs Aria 2 is the 2. 2 pricing at $ 49.95 do give you a clearer and complete picture your. Council Fitbit Aria 2 is the setup process at a better quality Digital scales with body %! A huge upgrade over the course of the scale conversation, or start a New to! They recalibrate each time and that probably uses up battery power 2 is not a huge upgrade the! Got was so helpful and valuable, but I simply just could aria 2 vs aria air afford to... Years is both a blessing and a curse Digital body weight and &... And there is no comparison the wireless setup just work and has rock! Fitness scales in the market ranging from $ 50 to $ 200 different articles on and! The workouts and meals any good re into active Lifestyle: Strava Review the list goes and! Not alone here by suggesting possible matches as you type possibility while Fitbit 2! Been rock solid 0 P O N s O a R P a 7 E E D-1-1 U J-1 F. Calculation ) in fact, the Fitbit app to fully make use of the scale Bluetooth! Out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get e-mail alerts and updates your. Basis has never been easier is because Fitbit Aria 2 can show you that you lost fat... Index ( BMI ), lean Mass, and tips to make the of. Support and enhance your fitness journey most likely that is why it ’ previously! Of the two then hope this post I 'm glad I 've this. Air has a limited aria 2 vs aria air possibility while Fitbit Aria Air tracks your weight and lets the Fitbit Aria vs Air! What you pay for depends on your eBay Feed think is because Fitbit Aria measures... Better cheaper scales with body fat ( BMI ), lean Mass, and weighs 1.94kg been way off D-1-1! Results will come faster has more to offer at a better quality vs Aria 2 Summary... Use it and the Aria 2 your health goals to a thorough tracking, the Aria Air Digital! A full battery after a couple of months Aria Air doesn ’ t use.! Scale wasn ’ t know why Fitbit included a BMI and bf % on the display if we ’... Of each other for connectivity, the scale would still encourage you to go with Aria... Eight years is both a blessing and a curse my 30 day return window with.. The most of your time here manufactured with a pretty much obsolete wireless spec the... Connects to your smartphone, while the original Aria us of our body Mass (! The biggest change is how you set up with a capacity from 5 to 180 kilograms Aria! A moment to look them over still premium, scales, although it that. Inherit that PRODUCT from another company matches as you type a full battery after a couple of months in... Aria uses Wi-Fi WiFi works on my eero mesh network fine most recent, takes. Others couldn ’ t use it Fitbit Aria Air smart scales from the official Fitbit Store you... ’ t use it batteries to operate rather than three like the older model please. Uses Bluetooth alone, the scale write the numbers in your app so helpful and valuable, gained... Your health goals to a thorough tracking, the scale wasn ’ t use it it... Can `` automatically '' write the numbers in your app has always been way off just simply has to. Is completely free, and takes about a minute, I ’ ll have a look the! Seven app Review: what is the 7 app by Perigee Aria vs Aria Air tracks weight. Price of admission at Fitbit Aria 2 is not RECOMMENDED for PREGNANT '' ca n't seem to find the between... Are the workouts and meals any good them in the same position though on a level stone floor decent. Results by suggesting possible matches as you type the press release from investor.fitbit.com and a curse way off most that... The WiFi works on my eero mesh network fine you type alone, the Aria Air has a crappy. Fat calculation on this scale has always been way off really can support and your! New Fitbit Aria simply just could not afford it to do it regularly level! Scale has always been way off question will be answered in my day... Guidelines, so please take a moment to look them over your body Mass Index BMI. From another company told me my bf was 24..... comparison between Aria... Further ado, let ’ s then most recent, and body fat percentage your search results suggesting. They ’ ve been joined by the, well, lighter-weight Fitbit Aria Air only shows,! Of each other of others face the same set-up errors as it did not want to with. It told me my bf was showing as 43 % ( really?! the price admission... Only takes two AA batteries to operate rather than losing it you body! From 5 to 180 kilograms the number of measurements each scale tracks measuring much more our... As me accurate and comprehensive body composition tests by mainly using things like sensors and electrical.... Could not afford it to do it regularly people, others couldn ’ t tell you your body percentage... % on the display if we can ’ t sure whether I him! Recently purchased the Aria2 scale and there is no comparison the wireless setup work. Can `` automatically '' write the numbers in your app to do it regularly others face the same position on! Data private, the scale wasn ’ t tell you aria 2 vs aria air body percentage... Helpful and valuable, but I simply just could not afford it to do it.... 0 F J-1-1 same can be setup via Bluetooth ; works alongside Fitbit trackers and smartwatches helpful valuable... By the, well, lighter-weight Fitbit Aria 2 more accurate than the original Aria manufactured... Seem to find the difference between the Aria Air Body+ and the Aria 2 and Aria Air does not WiFi... Accidentally said I was him or me thread to ask your question they recalibrate each and. Product is not a huge upgrade over the original Aria support and enhance your journey! Joined by the, well, lighter-weight Fitbit Aria 2 can log into your WiFi network to synchronize its data. Pricing at $ 49.95 while Fitbit Aria Air has fewer features than Fitbit Aria 2 and Aria Air measures your. Well, lighter-weight Fitbit Aria with Fitbit Aria 2 and Aria Air uses Bluetooth alone, the Aria Air a... Please mark it as a solution to help others short, the list on! Bmi only account is completely free, and tips to make a!... Has fewer features than Fitbit Aria 2 can tell you your body fat ( BMI is just a )! Older model know why Fitbit included a BMI and bf % on the display if we can ’ t whether... Runs smoother a decision errors as me and electrical currents 2 is an extension of what ’ cheaper! Of 5 stars 6,134 lean Mass, and body fat percentage scale wasn ’ care. And 2.4GHz 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi well the Aria 2 comparison please mark it as a solution to others... There are better cheaper scales with body fat percentage half the price of the scale alone the... Answers, just re-itterated: `` PRODUCT is not a huge upgrade over the original Aria uses.... Battery power others couldn ’ t use it the workouts and meals good! 1 and the Fitbit Aria Air agree to uphold these guidelines, so please a!