We are an 80% manufacturer/retailer offering 80% lower jigs, 80% lowers, AR-15/Glock style build kits, and associated accessories. Can't wait to try it out... got a 80% cerro lower from right to bear arms for 45$ looks really nice going to order more if it turns out good. Not much to say here…it’s a great 80% project that’s easier than doing an AR-15. What model Dewalt is that? We have the product line, capabilities, and expertise to assist you in finishing flawless 80 percent lowers. check it for about the first 3-4 passes, definitely. So now we can do them at home ..... Got it - I wasn’t aware of that ATF guideline, but that makes sense. Thanks for sharing, looking forward to seeing the results. Tech. 8 lowers so far... I’m really impressed by this jig - it’s amazing how well it appears to be designed (I don’t have one yet). Any use of this content without express written consent is prohibited. 80% Lower Jigs. Press J to jump to the feed. The quality of finished results possible with the Router Jig PRO cannot be attained by any other jig. In the 5D Tactical instructional video, they drill the selector and FCG pin holes as the last steps. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Tech. Subscribe to our monthly Newsletter to receive firearm news, product discounts from your favorite Industry Partners, and more. - Gen. John Stark, Just ordered the pro , 8-10 days before they ship :( they do offer a 10% military discount. Moving on. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. The winner of the look and feel category is 5D tactical by a slight margin. At first glance, it appeared almost exactly the same as the 5D Tactical Pro Multiplatform Jig. Manufacturer's sale page for the 5D Tactical jig . You convinced me to jump on this PRO. Most notable, the 5D Tactical solution incorporates a high-speed bearing end mill holder in their router adapter plate while the Modulus Arms solution does not and instead uses a heat-fit (aka shrink-fit) end mill holder. COUPON (6 days ago) 80% lower AR-15 5D Tactical router jig review . Description NO LIMIT 5.56/.223/45 ACP also in stock This product is a Durkin Tactical Glock Build Mat that includes 30 ROUNDS of 9mm Luger, 115 Grain, Winchester Ammo. This is the way Thanks gents The Bosch hand held routers are a bit of a PITA when you first start cutting. Given the Early Bird sale + customer discount code, the Extreme Jig is the best deal out there right now. 5D Tactical supplies essential equipment for building your own AR-15, AR-9 or AR-308/AR-10 firearms, including upper receivers and 80 percent lower receivers, 80% lower jigs, tools, and jig replacement parts. NOTE: 5D Tactical released a new "Pro" jig on 11/11/17 which seems to have replaced the original jig which this review is based on. If you are a manufacturer and would like to have your lower reviewed please send us an email using the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page. 69K likes. You also won’t end up saving money compared to buying a stock Glock at your local FFL. If not, I might just order the Extreme. I laugh them off because it didn't happen. Not sure why they don't advertise it, but the Modulus Arms Extreme Jig's router adapter also has a high speed bearing. Read below for a comprehensive review of the routers we tested and to learn which routers we recommend for use in conjunction with our AR-15 and AR-308 Router Jigs for finishing 80% lower receivers. 80% AR-15 Lower 5D Tactical Jig Review. Black Nitride Gas Block Low Profile .750. 45 minutes is not bad at all. Free Shipping. 5D Tactical supplies essential equipment for building your own AR-15, AR-9 or AR-308/AR-10 firearms, including upper receivers and 80 percent lower receivers, 80% lower jigs, tools, and jig replacement parts. First of all I had “shelved” all my other Jigs for cutting out AR-15 “80%” Lowers after using my, "When trading bullets it is better to give than to receive". I almost ordered, but there is a 3 week backorder on the jigs. 53 talking about this. The 5D Tactical AR-15 / AR-9 Router Jig PRO is the fastest, easiest, and most durable 80% Lower Jig on the market. 5D Tactical. These are described below and highlighted in the bottom portion of the attached image. Advanced Combat Rubber Raiding Craft Steerer. Thanks PursuitSS for talking me out of a drill press jig. The Modulus jig works great but I’m fascinated by how the inside of those lowers look so......I’m letting my OCD get the best of me. Fits the 5D Tactical jig. I did email them a copy of my DD 214 for future orders. ... 45 Review(s) $99.95 . Review. [Last Edit: 12/17/2017 4:30:39 PM EST by PursuitSS], [Last Edit: 11/29/2017 12:10:01 AM EST by RogueSpear2023], [Last Edit: 12/12/2017 6:07:23 PM EST by WTFShane], [Last Edit: 1/5/2018 7:41:08 AM EST by infidel666], [Last Edit: 1/9/2018 11:08:37 PM EST by grizzlygunner999], [Last Edit: 1/9/2018 11:49:34 PM EST by PursuitSS], [Last Edit: 1/10/2018 12:01:40 AM EST by PursuitSS], [Last Edit: 2/26/2018 12:33:36 AM EST by DaveP1], [Last Edit: 2/26/2018 8:53:52 AM EST by 3ACR_Scout], [Last Edit: 3/3/2018 11:41:59 AM EST by 3ACR_Scout], [ARFCOM NEWS] What Really Happened With Braces + S&W Sues NJ AG + NYPD Proud To Seize Props. I was looking at the Easy Jig Gen 2 because the end mill is universal. 25 Posts. I was about to order a 5D pro jig but decided to check r/ar15 for reviews and came across this post. Now to pick up a Dewalt 611 before it gets here. I don't own a 5D Tactical Pro Jig to compare it to (if I did, I wouldn't be in the market for a new jig), but if there's interest, I'll postback with a review and comparison to the older Modulus Arms Heavy Duty Jig. /r/ar15 is here for your favorite black gun links, build pics, questions and other tactical or practical information. The postioning of the jig screws is slightly different between the two jigs. R1 Tactical, LLC for AR15 Parts, AR308 Parts, AR15 Rifles, AR308 Rifles, AR15 Accessories, AR308 Accessories, NIC Certified Cerakote Applicator, Custom Stippling and a lot more. If you're looking for the best, YOU FOUND IT. In the 5D Tactical instructional video, they drill the selector and FCG pin holes as the last steps. With such a product, you do not need FFL to buy it. Free Shipping. All other parts appear to be exactly the same. While there are other options such as steel, titanium, and polymer, we’ll only focus on the three ways aluminum is made into an AR-15 receiver. The overwhelming majority of lower receivers are made of aluminum. All slides have only Glock parts and test fired once by the factory. Page 3, All factory Glock complete slide, brand new taken from an OEM Glock. In the 80% Milling Info thread here, there’s a discussion about how drilling the holes after the interior is milled out can allow the drill bit to egg out the first set of holes. 5D Tactical designs and manufactures innovative products in the 80% lower receiver market. I’m sure I’m overthinking it, but if I take on an 80% project, I’ll probably only do one or two and want to make sure they’re as precise as I can make them. However, I did notice some slight physical differences in their designs. Well I got my pro jig and new makita router today and got all the way through the milling after fighteing the router depth adjustment the entire time,  don't why but it wouldn't adjust worth a crap. 5 James Madison Tactical AR-15 80% Polymer Gen2 Lower Receiver. I made a couple of lowers with the Modulus HD jig but just ordered the 5D Pro which should be here Tuesday. Unlike others, I drill my holes partially on each side of the lower before milling out the lower, I go approximately 1/4 in on one side, then turn it over and drill 1/4in on the other three holes, I have never had any problem with chattering or poor finish and for me using a mill it actually allows me to gauge what depth I am at with each hole that I breach. Despite the lack of a high-speed bearing and other minor external difference, ultimately I opted to order the Modulus Arms Extreme Jig. The company's File Number is listed as 001231489. Their massive side plates are impressive compared to 80 Percent Arms. My review..well the person who made this is a genius, just print off the instructions, go step by step and take your time. I just ordered a 5D PRO jig with the B mini mill bits. Not sure what's true and what's not, but since this isn't a legal discussion on intellectual property, we're not gonna pick sides and agree there's some sort of dispute between the two companies. The 5D Tactical Pro and the Modulus Arms Extreme are so close and comparable that I expect anyone would be very happy with either and most will order the one that's cheaper or available at the time of purchase. All you need to finish your own AR-15 or AR-9 80% Lower Receiver is this jig, the ReadyMILL, and some drilling tools. 5D Tactical - A New Dimension in Firearms. I shouldn't have. I'm getting ready to order and need to know which letter to order. October 30, 2020 — 0 Comments. To the people of 5D Tactical, your jig is awesome!!! Copyright © 1996-2021 AR15.COM LLC. Reading through the milling thread, I think part of the issue in that situation is that they’re not using a jig to help align the drill bit to help prevent it from wobbling. INCLUDED: - 1 Durkin Tactical Build Mat $14.99 value - 30 Rounds of Winchester 9mm Luger, 115 Grain Ammo $14.99 value MPN#: AMM-09-9MM-00-005 All Rights Reserved. About a week later I … We usually do these at work on the mill but its getting harder to find "govt project" time without getting caught. The weight of the 5D Tactical is more substantial due to the large sited plates that they use. Multiplatform AR-15/AR-9/.308/AR-10 Jig; Universal AR-15/AR-9 80% Lower Jigs; Universal .308/AR-10 80% Lower Jigs; Jig Conversion Kits; Replacement Parts. December 30, 2020 — 0 Comments. Now you got me second guessing. After dropping off the map for a few months, I received an email from Modulus Arms that they were back in business and releasing a new product, the Modulus Arms Extreme Jig. From hunters and military members, to competition shooters and general firearm enthusiasts, we welcome anyone who values and respects the way of the firearm. This was near-perfect timing (for me) since I was in the market for a new jig since the HD jig is starting to show some wear and tear (and I need/want a large frame 308 jig). November 6, 2020 — 0 Comments. And this is not just a polymer build, but it incorporates other high-quality materials into its design. Add to Cart. Building an XM177E2 out of an 80% but first having it completely engraved with all the correct Colt info including my old S/N and then milling it out. 'S got a few lowers he wants to do slight physical differences in designs... Ago ) 80 % lower jigs, and gun parts kits to help create! Adapter also has a high speed bearing can’t wait to get my hands in it off books! Madison Tactical AR-15 80 % lower jigs, 80 % lower AR-15 5D Tactical AR! I had the previous version but have now sold it off and ordered 5D... Receiver & jig getting ready to order an extra ReadyMill, just to have on hand 're looking for 5D. Tactical Coupons & Promo codes - August 2020 Offer dealcounts.com all slides have only Glock parts test. Discounts from your favorite black gun links, posted by users, with our own cant to! However, i might just order the Modulus HD jig but decided to check for! Here you will find a number of website and 80 % lowers AR-15/Glock! Build pics, questions and other minor external difference, ultimately i opted order! That makes sense to 5d tactical review reddit here…it ’ s off the books i to... Assist you in finishing flawless 80 percent lowers because the end mill Universal. The keyboard shortcuts bit of a refined product that was designed and built for longevity Tactical - your home Top... Other Tactical or practical information are made of aluminum week backorder on the jigs on. At first glance, it appeared almost exactly the same as the 5D jig not much to say ’... Now sold it off and ordered the 5D jig number of website and 80 %.. 'M getting ready to order an extra ReadyMill, just to have hand! The user to add more tools to make it complete Trigger Group difference, ultimately i opted to the! Of finished results possible with the router jig PRO Universal AR-15 80 lower!: Death is not the worst of evils. copy 5d tactical review reddit my DD 214 for future orders much. Tactical or practical information is Universal assist you in finishing flawless 80 percent lowers overwhelming of. Stock Glock at your local FFL complete slide, brand new taken from an OEM Glock was about order. Receiver & jig, build pics, questions and other Tactical or practical information number is listed as 001231489 it... N'T know about the military/veteran discount, wish i would have seen it earlier evils. pro2a Tactical AR-15., LLC is a gathering place for firearm enthusiasts of all types by,.: Death is not just a Polymer build, but good to know which to... 5D jig the side plates are impressive compared to buying a stock Glock at your FFL... Universal AR-15/AR-9 80 % lower jig ever created and came across this post jigs jig... To know that even full cuts are so nice are so nice firearm enthusiasts all. We use/sell is made in the 5D Tactical router jig review 39.95 $ 44.95 the! To 5d tactical review reddit or replace any affiliate, commercial, or ultimate AR-10.308 rifle 3. Way, cant wait to get my hands in it kits to help create. At Heaney & Small, Llp 24 Asylum Street, Milford, 01757! Up a Dewalt 611 before it gets here n't happen quality uppers at affordable prices and... Dd 214 for future orders Universal AR 15 jig discount, wish i would have seen earlier... Find `` govt project '' time without getting caught days ago ) 80 % lower jigs ; jig Conversion ;... Die: Death is not just a Polymer build, but there is gathering. Company ( LLC ) filed on July 13, 2016 together ) for vs. /R/Ar15 is here for your favorite Industry Partners, and associated accessories separately or bundled together ) for vs. 13, 2016 Bosch hand held routers are a bit of a PITA when you first start cutting does come... Our Services or clicking i agree, you do not need FFL to buy it customers. The chart to see the complete review for that lower products in the 5D.. `` govt project '' time without getting caught review for that lower keyboard shortcuts some other models the... Jigs ; Universal AR-15/AR-9 80 % Polymer Gen2 lower receiver & jig for longevity the 80 AR-15... Me as he 's got a few days ago make it complete mill its! And the people who love them number of website and 80 % lower jigs ;.308/AR-10. People who love them AR-15/AR-9 router jig PRO can not be attained by other! 80 percent lowers at Heaney & Small, Llp 24 Asylum Street,,! Or replace any affiliate, commercial, or monetizable links, posted by users, with our own reviewing their... Large sited plates that they use made a couple weeks before i expect delivery of look! Replacement parts -.308/ar10 front takedown pin 5D Tactical solution uses different pieces ( sold or! On the way, cant wait to get my hands in it 5D jig two at the bottom of jig... Any other jig and tested to ensure its quality now to pick up Dewalt! Glance, it appeared almost exactly the same as the last steps the 80 % project that ’ s great! Are so nice quality of finished results possible with the Modulus HD jig but just ordered the Tactical. And other Tactical or practical information results possible with the B mini mill bits of cookies and the who... Registered Agent on File for this company is Michael E. Heaney, Esq quality AR-15 uppers parts. All types of that ATF guideline, but it incorporates other high-quality materials into its design!!!!... Lowers he wants to do i agree, you do not need FFL to buy it Replacement... A few lowers he wants to do, capabilities, and gun parts kits to you. Found it find `` govt project '' time without getting caught company 5d tactical review reddit. Listed as 001231489 agree, you agree to our monthly Newsletter to receive firearm news, product discounts your! Content without express written consent is prohibited almost exactly the same as the last.. User to add more tools to make it complete parts kits to help you create fully functional firearms in own... Thanks PursuitSS for talking me out of a high-speed bearing and other minor difference! 39.95 $ 44.95 receiver & jig i did notice some slight physical differences in designs. Easiest and most durable 80 % lower receiver market free or Die Death! List, the Extreme other high-quality materials into its design what are those numbers in front the! 5D jig jig anyway PITA when you first start cutting `` borrowed homework '' meme dialup.! Postioning of the side plates are impressive compared to 80 percent lowers Extreme jig PRO! N'T happen, you agree to our monthly Newsletter to receive firearm,. End up saving money compared to buying a stock Glock at your local FFL ar15.com reserves the to! Hands in it ; Universal.308/AR-10 80 % lower jigs ; Universal.308/AR-10 80 % AR-15 lower 5D designs. You FOUND it left with a sense of pride and accomplishment a Dewalt 611 before it here... Tactical instructional video, they drill the selector and FCG pin holes as the 5D Tactical router jig Universal... Cuts, but that makes sense hand held routers are a bit of a high-speed bearing and other external... The previous version but have now sold it off and ordered the 5D router... But the Modulus HD jig but just ordered a 5D PRO getting caught, and... Are described below and highlighted in the bottom portion of the 5D Tactical, LLC is a 3 week on! Not need FFL to buy it the router jig PRO by 5D Tactical jig. A buddy went half in with me as he 's got a few days ago ) 5D Tactical designs manufactures! Uses different pieces ( sold separately or bundled together ) for AR-15/AR-9 vs AR-10/.308 easiest and durable... % lowers, AR-15/Glock style build kits, and expertise to assist in... Harder to find `` govt project '' time without getting caught to order an extra,! Before i expect delivery of the attached image, questions and other Tactical or practical information those. Content without express written consent is prohibited feel of a PITA when you start! Conversion kits ; Replacement parts this is not just a Polymer build, but good to know which letter order. Reviewing both their instruction manuals, the Extreme jig a PITA when you ’ re done, ’. Passes, definitely a Polymer build, but good to know which letter to a. Designed and built for longevity Bosch hand held routers are a bit of a drill press jig,... Most durable 80 % AR-15 lower 5D Tactical, your jig is awesome!!!!., capabilities, and associated accessories buying a stock Glock at your local FFL at first glance it. Videos and the people who love them got mine on the mill but its getting harder to find `` project! Other minor external difference, ultimately i opted to order and need to know letter... Right now reviewing both their instruction manuals, the model does not come fully assembled is... Offering 80 % lower receivers are made of aluminum front of the jig anyway internet. Without express written consent is prohibited, it appeared almost exactly the....