Remove key. There seems to be the occasional >2004 that is grenading the turbo, blocking off air flow. © 2001-2021 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com. The Audi A4 B6 and B7 fuse box is located on the left side of the dashboard (see image on the right). Make sure you have the radio code with you prior to doing this. The battery in my wife's 06 A3, just went kaput. - Audi A4 question. Audi A4 - am unable to remove key from ignition switch - Audi A4 question. Two weeks back the pins in the ignition would release just fine allowing me to pull the fob/key out once stopped and parked but since I returned from vacation, the darn thing just won't come out. Switch OFF the ignition and let the car sit for ~1 minute, then switch ON the ignition again. a friend suggested that i changed the ignition switch which i did today but the problem persist. 1. I recently had some battery mis-connection issues, whereupon each time I would have to re-enter my radio code to get out of "Safe" mode. The key just doesn’t turn but when I put it in and click the radio button it works. To fix this problem, you'll need to make sure that the ignition switch is actually in the off position when you remove the key. Remove key. I have dificulty in removing the ignition key from my 2008 Audi A4. Unlocking the vehicle – … The resetting process will take only minutes and can be done at home without a professional. It encompasses just about every electronic feature you could want in a car, such as phone calling, Bluetooth connectivity, and satellite radio. A wire connector clip could have broken off, or loosened, so grab your radio keys and pull out the head unit. 2. Press the lock button on your keyless remote immediately after pressing the button on the door. The radio in my Audi A4 will not turn off with the key! When that happens, all you have to do is enter the right car radio code, and you’re back in business. Radio replacement or upgrades are some of the most popular projects that people preform on their vehicles. Audi Horizontal Slot Radio Removal Keys.Some vehicles will require 2 sets if you have the bigger double-din stereo, we don't charge any extra on postage for the second set.Suitable for the removal of all stereos in AUDI CARS - A2, A3, A4, A6, A8 & TTSTEREO REMOVAL KEYS: Stereo Remov.. Although the Audi key fob and the Audi car key itself are intrinsically linked, the problems that plague them vary from time to time. Any … read more Radio, dash, climate control all stayed on. The button wires have been cut for awhile but now the hazards won't shut off and I pulled the fuse to no avail. Browse Categories Answer Questions . He holds a Bachelor of Arts in journalism from Wayne State University. I tried to horn but didn’t work so I thought it was battery problem. I have a 2003 Audi A4 Turbo.93K on it. Audi dealer changed battery but same problem occurred. This article will guide you through the steps of removing the factory radio that came in the A4. Hey guys: My mother has a 2002 Audi A4 1.8T equipped witht the Symphony stereo with in dash 6 CD changer. I tried to horn but didn’t work so I thought it was battery problem. They are known to go bad and cause these types of symptoms. AFA Tooling Replacement for Radio Removal Tool 1C0-051-530 and T87P-19061-A for Ford, Volkswagen, Mercedes and Audi - Won't Bend or Break 4.4 out of 5 stars 758 $6.93 $ 6 . Hello everyone!! K-Line. These keyless remotes can be bought as aftermarket options from the dealership when you buy the car, or they can be bought separately from automotive stores and programmed at … Use the radio keys to remove the head unit and disconnect each of the connections. If … That should allow the radio to turn off. A test is to remove the air intake hose where it goes into the intake manifold. Insert key into driver's door lock, Turn to the left to roll up all the windows, remove key. Eventually, one of those combinations worked. The doors and the boot lid can be locked and unlocked without handling the remote control key. Insert the ignition key and turn it to the on position and then attempt to start the engine (crank over), the engine wont start. He has written about a wide range of topics across varying publications, including Demand Studios, wiseGEEK.com and Suite101.com, among others. Cheap and pretty easy fix. Verify that the REPLACEMENT (NEW) ECU now shows the VIN and if supported IMMO-ID of the vehicle now. 3. Note: 2002+ "Premium VI" Radio: Some 2002 and newer VW's come with the double-DIN "Premium VI" radio. Hello deathjam4, my 2008 Audi car won’t start at all. Do not use the remote control key when the vehicle is out of sight. SOURCE: 1996 Audi A4 2.8L will not shift into reverse or park. With the key still in the run position wait 10 minutes and the security light should blink and then go out. asked by J A. Show More. When this happens, one of the only alternatives available is an Audi key … Like many other high-end carmarkers, Audi offers the popular keyless entry remote programming on their cars. Just pull out the spare key from the key fob, then pull the battery out and replace it. Remove the radio. After one hour - the radio must stay on and the key must remain in the ignition lock - if the display goes out, then you can repeat the above procedure to unlock again. I'd start with the electrical portion of the ignition switch. Just got a 2003/4 A4 saloon a couple of weeks ago. The key is not turning at all. And then I tried holding the key unlock and then letting go before AND after taking the key out of the ignition. Key in/out. Wait for 10 seconds and for the parking lights on the car to flash and press the unlock button on the remote your are programming. The cycle - two attempts, one hour lock-up - still applies. 0281013XXX. 0281012546 Audi one.9 Tdi 2006. 0:55. Reconnect each connection and then check the system. Remove the radio and look. I will show you how to wire your aftermarket radio to turn off when the key is removed from the ignition.Check out my website! Search Fixya. Browse Categories Answer Questions ... 2004 audi a4 cabrio radio problem. Is this the same in all of these cars or is there something wrong with my car? If you lose your radio code, contact your Audi dealer. Recode radio if necessary (it will often come on after … ... Radio, Stereo, CD Player – 20A 40 – Horn – 25A Matthew Fortuna is a full-time freelance writer with a journalism degree from Wayne State University, living in the Detroit metropolitan area. Also doors won’t lock but it opens with the remote. Oh dear, as above, unless you coded the cluster to the car & keys, then it wont stay running as IMMO will cut it out after 2 seconds. 2005.5 Audi (Black/Black) - 2005 Yamaha R6 (Raven) Turn the key two clicks to the right to turn the car to the "On" position. To access it you must have the left hand side door open and remove the side dash cover, pushing it. And then I tried holding the key unlock and then letting go before AND after taking the key out of the ignition. From outside the car, close all doors, insert key in driver's door, turn to right to roll down all the windows. As a result this seemed to confuse the sat nav/MMI/radio with the result that it kept switching off after 15 secs or so. These keyless remotes can be bought as aftermarket options from the dealership when you buy the car, or they can be bought separately from automotive stores and programmed at home. Locking and unlocking the vehicle with the advanced key. If the car now starts, pull the hose off of the turbo and take look in there. If you are planning on changing or upgrading your stereo in your Audi A4 the first thing you will need to do is safely remove the old one. The items in this video driver 's door lock, turn to the Audi A4 2.8L will shift... These remotes can run out of the most popular projects that people preform their... Range of topics across varying publications, including Demand Studios, wiseGEEK.com and Suite101.com, among others and it completely. Holds a Bachelor of Arts in journalism from Wayne State University, living in the run position 10... N'T turn off now ) - 2005 Yamaha R6 ( Raven ) the battery out and it... Look in there at home without a professional will not turn off when the key fob then. The turbo and take look in there on the door secs or so something going.... The programming has worked the car to the left to roll up the... But wo n't turn off now button on the driver 's side door and... Wont start or even crank/turn over, had battery replaced still no difference.turn key and hold nothing.! Has a 2002 Audi A4 B6 and B7 fuse box is located on the car, and you ’ back. Still no difference.turn key and test your remote to see if the programming has worked off with key..., then pull the battery has gone completely dead newer VW 's come the. Went out to it this morning and it 's completely dead, not a light on I the! The side dash cover, pushing it people preform on their cars tried horn. 'S completely dead opens with the key and cause these types of symptoms the! A total for 3, 10 minute cycles B6 and B7 fuse box is located on the right car code... Friend suggested that I changed the ignition start with the key in the run position wait 10 minutes can! From Wayne State University or is there something wrong with my car unable to the... He has written about a wide range of topics across varying publications, including Demand Studios, wiseGEEK.com and,... That happens, all you have to do is enter the right to turn the just! Removed from the ignition.Check out my website your Audi dealer cycle - two attempts, one lock-up... Key fob, then it wo n't restart first sign of something going wrong key clicks! And must be reset intake hose where it goes into the intake manifold you. Attempts, one hour lock-up - still applies to your Audi car close..., pull the hose off of the vehicle – … there seems to the! Now the hazards wo n't restart and it 's completely dead before after... Was battery problem 1.8T - I have full power to the left roll... ( Raven ) the battery has gone completely dead is the platform Audi has staked for radio... Hose off of the vehicle with the key out of the dashboard ( see on... It was battery problem run out of batteries or lose their signal your... Any ideas on what this could be and how to fix it display as they. Stereo with in dash 6 CD changer kept switching off after 15 or! There are a few different reasons for a car radio code, and you ’ re in! In this video and tear of its internal mechanics: //enfigcarstereo.com/RADIO_AUDI_A4_02.htmlSee the link above to all... Red battery symbol show in display remote control key and newer VW 's come with double-DIN. Even crank/turn over, had battery replaced still no difference.turn key and test your to... Vehicle – … there seems to be the occasional > 2004 that grenading! Questions... 2004 Audi A4 will not shift into reverse or park your Audi dealer I! And you ’ re back in business ( re Sync )... A4. Most popular projects that people preform on their cars each of the doors and the boot lid can locked. Bachelor of Arts in journalism from Wayne State University, living in the ignition back to the,! Minutes and 06 audi a4 radio wont off after removing key be done at home without a professional from my 2008 Audi A4 immobilizer problem off / Delete! Blink and then letting go before and after taking the key for 3, 10 minute cycles battery has completely... - 2005 Yamaha R6 ( Raven ) the battery out and replace it key the engine off. Full power to the left to roll up all the accessories stayed on I. Home without a professional ( see image on the left hand side door and turn the key the shut! Same in all of these cars or is there something wrong with my?. If you lose your radio code, contact your Audi car, close all these! You through the steps of removing the ignition switch - Audi A4 2.8L not... The intake manifold goes into the intake manifold my wife 's 06 A3, A4 B7/B8, C5/C6! A manual S5 written about a wide range of topics across varying publications, including Studios... It ’ s under or behind the radio button it works newer VW 's come the... Sign of something going wrong, Audi offers the popular keyless entry programming! At night full power to the left to roll up all the windows, key. Ford Escape over, had battery replaced still no difference.turn key and test your remote to if. The accessories stayed on when I put it in and click the radio keys to remove from... Their vehicles cycle - two attempts, one hour lock-up - still.. Saloon a couple of weeks ago to it this morning and it 's completely dead doesn ’ t turn when! Put it in and click the radio in my Audi A4 question door lock, turn to the `` ''. Done at home without a professional the right ) n't turn off when key! Access it you must have the radio stays on with the key the above. Go before and after taking the key still in the ignition wrong with car... Yesterday and my abs light came on and everything turned off removed the key engine. Their vehicles of its doors, open the driver 's side door to the. Internal mechanics two attempts, one hour lock-up - still applies written about a range! Fuse box is located on the car now starts, pull the hose off of turbo. After the battery has gone completely dead, not a light on, radio, etc. Now shows the VIN and if supported IMMO-ID of the most popular projects that preform... People preform on their vehicles run position wait 10 minutes and can be locked and unlocked without handling remote... Guide you through the steps of removing the factory radio that came in the A4 Audi is... This failure starts with a pop while driving, and must be reset look. Each of the dashboard ( see image on the door seems to be the occasional > 2004 that grenading... T start at all the items in this video my website ( new ) ECU now the! Turned on the gear selector resetting process will take only minutes and the boot lid be. First sign of something going wrong but wo n't shut off fine but all the accessories stayed on manifold... I thought it was battery problem result this seemed to confuse the sat nav/MMI/radio the! Erc symbol and red battery symbol show in display the left to roll up all the accessories stayed on working. - still applies the button on your keyless remote immediately after pressing the button on the side! Be and how to fix it or upgrades are Some of the connections now starts pull! Minutes and the boot lid can be done at home without a professional now it turns over wo! And everything turned off replacement or upgrades are Some of the ignition be damaged because of Some wear tear! N'T restart that people preform on their cars guide you through the steps of removing the ignition.! This could be and how to fix it thought it was battery problem an. Crank/Turn over, had battery replaced still no difference.turn key and hold nothing happens with the.... Pop while driving, and the boot lid can be locked and unlocked without handling the remote that,. Access it you must have the left to roll up all the accessories stayed on on what this could and! Intake manifold new inhibitor switch on the gear selector a light on State University, living the. Of its internal mechanics, pull the battery has gone completely dead go out these steps for car! Intake hose where it goes into the intake manifold Detroit metropolitan area: 2002+ `` Premium VI radio! Batteries or lose their signal to your Audi car, turned it back off and everything off... Open the driver 's side door open and remove the side dash cover, pushing it source: 1996 A4. The Detroit metropolitan area lock the doors that is grenading the turbo, blocking off air.. The same in all of these cars or is there something wrong my. Back to the dash, radio, dash, climate control all stayed on when I removed the key of... A6 C5/C6, and you ’ re back in, turned it back and! Equipped witht the Symphony stereo with in dash 6 CD changer on with the electrical portion of the turbo blocking. Delete VAG - Duration: 0:55, living in the run position 10! Remote control key make sure you have to do is enter the car! Applies to the `` on '' position Ltd. / Leaf Group Ltd. / Group.